The committee provides professional development opportunities for the entire division, such as webinars, networking opportunities, and hosting speakers for training and sharing of professional skills and knowledge, as well as recognition of outstanding accomplishments and efforts of Student Affairs staff.
Examples of events and training include:
- New Graduate Assistant Orientation
- Assessment Mini-Conference in conjunction with Campus Labs
- Annual Awards & Recognition for staff
- Professional development sessions with keynote speakers including T.J. Jourian, Rich Keeling, Kevin Krueger, becky martinez, Ed Shihadeh, and Vincent Tinto.
Additionally, we encourage professional staff to travel to national, regional and state conferences for the student affairs profession and provide associated funding, where possible.
Each department is represented on the Professional Development Committee. Members, appointed by each department's director, meet monthly to discuss and plan division-wide professional development efforts.
We recognize staff achievements at a fall kick-off event when awards for the previous academic year are presented. Recognition includes Collaboration Award, Service Award, Purple & Gold Award, Innovation Award, Academic Partner Award, and Newcomer Award.
- Central Office -- Office of the Vice President -- Emily Burris Hester
- Office of the Dean of Students -- Campus Life -- Delia Madrid-Nothdurft
Student Health Center -- Keiron Couret
University Recreation -- Jennifer Mills