LSU Logo Signature System
The LSU signatures were developed as a means to provide unit-specific branding for colleges, divisions, departments, and offices across the campus. There are two variations of the LSU Signature, the parent signature and the unit identifier. These marks are set up exclusively by the LSU Division of Strategic Communications. Contact your marketing strategist for assistance in getting a mark set up for you.
LSU Parent Signatures & Unit Identifiers
The unit identifiers and signatures can be used as a customized LSU logo for your unit. Subunits can use either their signature, or they can use their parent’s unit identifier and typeset their department name.
All units must use their parent signature to set up their return addresses. Please see instructions below.
LSU Parent Signature
Parent signatures are the identifiers most campus units will use as logos. These signatures incorporate the LSU logo and the unit’s name along with the parent organization. The goal of parent signatures is to offer transparency to the LSU organizational structure through the visual identity system. Parent signatures allow customers interacting with LSU to easily distinguish the department with which they are communicating.
LSU Unit Identifier
Also known as unit logos, the unit identifier is the vertical depiction of the LSU logo with the unit name typeset beneath it. The font used and the design of the logo are predetermined and are consistent for all senior colleges, centers, parent units, and divisions eligible to receive this mark. Subunits that report to these parent units may use either their parent’s unit identifier or their parent signature.
Displaying Multiple LSU Units
As campus units promote events and initiatives, you may find that you need to acknowledge multiple units on the same piece of collateral material. These materials should not repeat the LSU logo, instead the following multiunit signature should be used. The multiunit signature may be used if the following conditions are met:
Only two or three units are listed. If more than three campus units are involved, use the LSU logo for representation of a campus event or program. If recognition of the participating units is needed, neatly list the units on the bottom or any discreet area of the piece.
All of the units listed are housed under separate parent organization. If the units involved are under the same parent organization, use either the parent signature or the LSU logo. Note that you may specify a specific department under a parent as long as the department is not under another unit listed (The example for official names below shows the Department of Biological Engineering, which is housed in the College of Engineering, with two other units. In this example, the College Engineering is omitted because the Department of Biological Engineering is the unit specifically involved in the event/initiative with the other two units).
- The multiunit signature must be set up using Adobe InDesign. If you do not have capabilities to set up the signature yourself, contact your account manager a week in advance to request your multi-unit signature. If you do have capability
to set up the signature using the Adobe InDesign template, you will need to do the
- Contact your account manager to obtain the multi-unit signature file template.
- Submit a request to obtain the Meta font. Click this link and scroll to the bottom of the page to access the Meta Font Request form.
- Submit any piece containing a multi-unit signature for review and approval by sending
a PDF to email@example.com.
- All multiunit signatures must follow the template provided with no editing to type or logo size.
- All multiunit signatures may only use the font, Meta.
Here is the brand-compliant means to address this issue:
Always use official unit names.
Always keep units with the same parent listed under the parent.
If more than three units are involved in the initiative, use the LSU logo.
Mailing Panel Requirements
In order for LSU to properly maintain our nonprofit mailing indicia approval from the United States Postal Service, we must have a consistent return address style applied campus-wide. All return addresses for LSU direct mail pieces must be set up using the following format. The address copy may be any sans serif font. Meta is the font used in the example shown below. We recommend Helvetica or Arial if Meta is not available, however, as long as a basic sans serif is used, a different font may be selected.
Never use a serif, script or ornamental font for the return address. Never use a multiunit
signature for a return address.
NOTE: The distance between the logo line and unit name should be equal to the distance between the baseline of the LSU logo or the unit name (whichever is lower) and the top of the first line of the return address.
You will be required to login to myLSU to access the ZIP files containing the signatures.
Colleges & Subdepartments:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Art & Design
- College of Coast & Environment
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Sciences & Education
- College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- College of Music & Dramatic Arts
- College of Science
- E. J. Ourso College of Business
- Graduate School
- Manship School of Mass Communication
- Roger Hadfield Ogden Honors College
- School of Veterinary Medicine
Centers, Institutes, Outreach:
- Carrol L. Herring Fire Emergency Training Institute
- Center for Atomic-level Catalyst Design
- Center for Biomodular Multi-scale Systems
- Center for collaborative Knowledge
- Center for Community Engagement Learning Leadership
- Center for Energy Studies
- Center for French Francophone Studies
- Center for Geoinformatics
- Center for Internal Auditing
- Center for Rotating Machinery
- Center for Computation Technology
- Coastal Fisheries Institute
- Coastal Marine Institute
- Coastal Studies Institute
- Cox Communications Academic Center for Student-athletes
- Eric Voeglin Institute
- Gulf Coast Center for Evacuation Transportation Resiliency
- Hearne Center for Theoretical Physics
- Hurricane Center
- Institute for Partnership in Education
- Intercollege Environmental Cooperative
- Law Enforcement Online/Infragard
- Life Course Aging Center
- Louisiana Business and Technology Center
- Louisiana Geographic information Center
- Louisiana Geological Survey
- Louisiana Population Data Center
- Louisiana Space Consortium
- Louisiana Transportation Research Center
- Louisiana Water Resources Research Institute
- LSU Press
- Museum of Natural Science
- National Center for Biomedical Research Training
- International Cultural Center
- Office of Social Service Research Development
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Petroleum Engineering Research Technology Transfer Laboratory
- Psychological Services Center
- Public Administration Institute
- Real Estate Research Institute
- Rural Life Museum
- Social Research Evaluation Center
- Southern Regional Climate Center
- Southern Review
- Stephenson Disaster Management Institute
- Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute
- Stephenson National Center for Security Research Training
- Wetland Biogeochemistry Institute
Administration & Campus Services:
- Center for Academic Success
- Communication Across the Curriculum
- Community University Partnership
- Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Council on Research
- Division of Strategic Communications
- Division of Student Affairs
- Enrollment Management
- Information Technology Services
- Innovation Park
- International Programs
- LSU Libraries
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Diversity
- Office of Innovation and Technology Commercialization
- Office of Research and Economic Development
- Office of Strategic Initiatives
- University College