What We Do
We elevate the brand and protect its reputation.
The Division of Strategic Communications works with communicators, designers, developers, and content generators across campus to create and showcase quality narratives to share LSU’s rich history, to heighten the university's brand and reputation, and to promote the university and its vision of a brighter future to a global audience. We use creative marketing and communications tactics, research, and best practices to advance LSU as one of the nation’s premier academic and research institutions, as well as Louisiana’s flagship university.
Our Guiding Principles
Elevate the Brand Worldwide
We ensure that prospective students, faculty, and the general public know how LSU is vital to solving the world’s problems: from coastal preservation techniques that can be applied the world over, to finding treatments for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
Support LSU’s Strategic Goals
We exemplify how LSU delivers on the promises it makes to students and alumni. We champion the strategic work of the president and administration at the Flagship campus in Baton Rouge and other LSU institutions and campuses across Louisiana, from New Orleans to Shreveport.
Create Inspiring Content
We breathe life into achievements of the LSU community to engage audiences with our brand through unique and boundless written and visual storytelling. We create shareable content that emphasizes the multitude of ways LSU positively influences the world and sets the standard for excellence.
Communicate Through Strategy
We align our messaging with university priorities. We pursue integrated, strategic communications across campus and with other LSU campuses statewide. We work collaboratively with campus units to ensure that all information, content, and material created by campus units meet our elevated standards and promote the brand in an accurate, effective, and compelling manner.
- Increase awareness of and engagement with the LSU brand.
- Elevate LSU's position as a leading national public research institution.
- Showcase LSU's unique position to offer expertise through coastal studies, the Mississippi River model, fisheries, forestry, the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), agriculture, hurricane research, and public health.
- Collaborate across campus and several mediums to convey LSU’s story to local, national, and global audiences.
- Strategize and direct the university’s communications across all campuses.