Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Class
The Wellness & Health Promotion staff collaborates with the LSU Police Department to bring you Rape Aggression Defense Classes, better known as RAD, a 12-hour personal safety course for women. Classes are available to students, staff, faculty, and community members. Contact Wellness & Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
View more information about The RAD Systems of Self Defense
Registration for Spring 2021: TBA
You must have completed the full 12-hour RAD basic course to register for this class.
- Please bring your RAD manual from the basic course with you to this class.
- The RAD lifetime return and practice policy allows you to return to any RAD basic Self Defense Class (wherever it is offered) and practice your skills to perfection at no cost.
- Sponsored by the LSU Office of Wellness and Health Promotion and LSU Police Department.
- For more information, call the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 or email.
Tiger Education on Alcohol Matters (TEAM) Class
The goal of this class is to educate students about alcohol-related behavior. Students will examine their own drinking patterns and learn skills to evaluate and adjust choices they make related to alcohol consumption. Students will learn to recognize high-risk situations and to minimize the potential negative consequences through preventive action, reduced consumption, or abstinence.
Registration Required: Students who are interested or have received a mandated referral for the class, please call the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 to reserve a seat in one of the following classes.
Spring 2020 Dates and Times: Wednesday, January 14th (3:00–4:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, January 28 (3:30–5:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, February 13 (10:30 a.m.–noon)
- Friday, March 6 (2:00–3:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 31 (10:30 a.m.–noon)
- Wednesday, April 8 (1:00–2:30 p.m.)
- Monday, April 27 (2:00–3:30 p.m.)
- Location: Student Health Center - Wellness Conference Room (ground floor)
Women's Wellness Class
The Student Health Center (SHC) offers a free, one-hour class providing education concerning pelvic exams, pap smears, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and contraceptive methods. Students scheduling their first annual GYN exam at the SHC, should plan to attend the class prior to the appointment to ensure you receive all the information you need. Please call 225-578-5718 to reserve a seat.
Spring 2020 Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, January 15 (7:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, January 23, (3:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, February 12, (10:30 a.m.)
- Wednesday, February 26, (7:30 a.m.)
- Tuesday, March 10, (3:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 31, (7:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, April 16, (3:00 p.m.)
If you are unable to attend the class or would prefer to meet individually and review concepts from the class, contact Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 to meet with a Health Educator.
Tiger BITes (Bystander Intervention Training) involves developing the awareness, skills, and courage needed to intervene in a situation when another individual needs help. Tiger BITes includes all and allows individuals to send powerful messages about what is acceptable and expected behavior in their community. Intervening has the ability to impact/reduce many high-risk activities in the community such as: sexual violence, high-risk drinking, hazing, etc. Through the interactive training sessions, you will learn, develop and build these skills so you can in-turn teach other LSU students to do the same and create a safer community for all.
For more information on how to get training for yourself or your organization, please contact Susan Bareis at email@example.com.
Spring 2020 Date and Time: TBA