The Wellness and Health Promotion staff collaborates with the LSU Police Department to bring you Rape Aggression Defense Classes, better known as RAD Classes, a 12-hour personal safety course for women. Classes are available to students, staff, faculty, and community members. Contact us at 225-578-5718 for more information.
Fall 2019 RAD Basic Class:
- Location: UREC on the LSU Campus.
- Friday, September 20, 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, September 22, 1-4 p.m.
- $25 for LSU, Southern, and BRCC students, faculty, and staff
- $45 for the general public
The RAD lifetime return and practice policy allows you to return to any RAD basic Self Defense Class (wherever it is offered) and practice your skills to perfection at no cost.
Sponsored by the LSU Office of Wellness and Health Promotion and LSU Police Department.
For more information, call the Office of Wellness and Health Promotion at 225-578-5718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEAM (Tiger Education on Alcohol Matters) Class
This class provides information about alcohol as the foundation of a more comprehensive intervention. The goal is to educate students about alcohol-related behavior while critically examining drinking patterns and implementation of the skills needed to potentially evaluate and adjust the choices as they relate to alcohol consumption. Student will learn to recognize high-risk situations and to minimize the potential negative consequences via preventive action, reduced consumption, or abstinence.
Sign up required: log into your patient portal at www.lsu.edu/shc Schedule the date and time for the class you choose. You will receive a reminder about the class. Please complete any forms designated at the time of registration.
Fall 2019 Dates and Times:
- Location: Student Health Center, room 296, check in TBD
- Friday, September 13, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 3, 3:30-5 p.m.
Women's Wellness Class
The Student Health Center (SHC) offers a free, one-hour class providing education concerning pelvic exams, pap smears, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and contraceptive methods. Students scheduling their first annual GYN exam at the SHC, should plan to attend the class prior to the appointment to ensure you receive all the information you need. Please call 225-578-5718 to reserve a seat.
Fall 2019 Dates and Times:
- Thursday, September 12, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Wedensday, September 25, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Wedensday, October 9, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 24, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Tuseday, November 5, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 12, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the class or would prefer to meet individually and review concepts from the class, contact Wellness and Health Promotion (225-578-5718) to meet with a Health Educator or a Street Squad student educator.