Organizations Relief Fund (ORF)
What is ORF?
The purpose of the Organizations Relief Fund (ORF) is to provide travel funds to undergraduate members of registered student organizations representing LSU at professional conferences and tournaments.
ORF is funded by an annual $3.25 fee assessment of each full-time undergraduate student during the spring semester.
ORF is a source of supplemental funding, which is available only as a reimbursement to registered student organizations. Registered student organizations are now allowed to receive funds once per academic year and must complete the Supplier Registration process with the LSU Procurement office prior to their application being heard by the ORF Committee. Reimbursement forms must be completed by the registered student organization and all fees must be paid by the organization to receive the reimbursement.
Students who are currently enrolled as full-time undergraduates in good standing with the University are eligible to receive funding from ORF. A list of student members who are traveling must be uploaded with the application so their eligibility can be verified by the Office of the Dean of Students. If a student's name is not on the list, they will not be approved for funding. The ORF Committee does not allow additions or changes after the application has been submitted online.
The ORF Committee includes students, faculty and staff. The committee meets biweekly during the Fall and Spring semesters. Once an application is submitted and student list is verified for eligibility, the ORF Committee Chair will contact the student representative to schedule a presentation to the committee. The ORF Committee does not meet during the summer.
For more details, please review the information below and download the bylaws in the resources section of this page.
How does my organization receive funding?
- Submit a Student Organization Funding Request application at least two weeks prior to the date of your trip. Applications will be available for the 2020-2021 academic year from Sept 01, 2020 to April 09, 2021.
- Register as a supplier with LSU.
- Present trip information to the ORF Committee.
- Consult with the ORF account manager (if funding approved) to review reimbursement process and forms required.
Submit required forms and receipts within two weeks of end of trip.
The application must be submitted through TigerLink and include required documentation noted below.
Please use the budget template on the menu of this page to enter your travel expenses and upload it with the application on TigerLink. The expenses for your trip may include hotel fees, registration fees, transportation, and other potential fees. Please note which portions are currently covered by other sources of funding (i.e. sponsors or fundraising).
Please upload a PDF of the conference schedule with the application on TigerLink.
Please use the student list template on the menu of this page to enter the information for the students participating in your trip and upload it with the application on TigerLink.
Trip Travel Insurance
Registered student organizations who travel with the assistance of ORF must secure student travel insurance from LSU Risk Management. Organizations should complete the "Organization/Department" form. When completing the form, you must check the box at the end that says "Send me a copy of my responses." You will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email should be saved as a PDF and uploaded with the TigerLink application.
Other ORF Information and Guidelines:
Please note that If you do not follow the steps above, the application will be in a "Pending" status and will not be seen by the committee. If you do not complete the entire application, it will be denied and you will be required to add additional information and resubmit.
Each student must meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge);
- Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing with the University;
- Students must not be on disciplinary probation or deferred suspension;
- Graduating seniors who are not registered full-time may still receive funding in the semester in which they are scheduled to graduate.
University travel regulations can be found under LSU Permanent Memorandum 13 (PM-13). Travel updates and forms can be found on the Accounts Payable & Travel website. Flights and bus charters are available under the state-contracted rate from the contracted travel agencies listed below. If these vendors are not used for travel, a justification must be included in reimbursement documents.
- Airplane - Short's Travel Management
- Bus - STM Ground Inc - STM Driven
COVID-19 Travel Regulations
- For business related travel that is within the state of Louisiana, travelers can continue to use the normal procedure of approvals through the spend authorization process in Workday. In-state travel does not require campus level approval.
- For business related travel that is within the US, the Temp1 Form (form) available on the COVID website must be completed and approved prior to travel. Domestic travel beyond the state of Louisiana requires campus level approval.
- No international travel is being approved at this time.
The ORF Committee meets biweekly during the Fall and Spring semesters, but does not meet during the Summer given that different committee members are selected for each year. Once your application is received, you will be contacted by the ORF Chair for a specific date and time to present your information to the committee.
If your application is approved for review by the ORF Committee, you will receive an email with a specific date to present to the committee (required per the bylaws). The representative must have knowledge about the event and the organization's budget.
The presentation style is informal. Handouts are encouraged, but not required. AV equipment will not be available. Please be prepared to share the following information:
- Mission of Organization
- Purpose of Travel
- Trip Details & Dates
- History of Funds Received from ORF
The ORF Committee is chaired by a representative of Student Government. The ORF account is managed by the ORF Advisor.
- ORF Committee Chair: Brooks Bryan
- ORF Advisor & SG Program Manager: Cortney P. Greavis
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-5727.