Deidra Mwalimu, MBA
Phone: (225) 578-4594
Fax: (225) 578-2302
Office: E238 Howe-Russell Building
- Serves as principal liaison between the Principal Investigators and the University for administration of departmental grants and contracts.
- Serves as the primary contact with the offices of Sponsored Programs, Accounting, and Research Coordination.
- Provides assistance in policy determination to Principal Investigators.
- Reviews all new/renewal proposals to check budgets for accuracy and conformity to university guidelines.
- Maintains files of assigned proposals and contracts. Advises faculty preparing proposals of university regulations regarding overhead, benefits, budget elements.
- Responsible for conformity to funding agency requirements of budgets, reports & proposals to funding agencies; must be familiar with and able to act on those requirements.
- Maintains all in-house records on grant and contract expenditures on an on-line basis. Reconciles each grant and contract ledger monthly on a project basis. Monitors revenues and expenditures and advises Principal Investigators of any anticipated budgetary problems and makes recommendations for satisfactory resolutions.
- Works with G&G faculty to maintain data for Program Degree Assessment (BS, ADG, MS, and PhD) and prepares DRAFT Assessment reports.