Human Resources and Travel Coordinator
Phone: (225) 578-3354
Fax: (225) 578-2302
Office: E235E Howe-Russell Building
- Process all HR/payroll related documents and forms needed to appoint all faculty, staff and student worker and graduate personnel through workday.
- Prepare advertisements needed to hire new personnel. Works with HRM and ISO to obtain documents needed for appointment.
- Prepares personnel reports as needed for the Chair of the department.
- Document payroll expense needed for cost sharing on grant related contracts.
- Submit and approve Personnel Action Reports (PAR) through workday associated with department cost sharing needed on grant related contracts in the department.
- Manage all travel functions and documentation for the department through workday.
- Interprets University guidelines regarding travel for the personnel within the department.
- Enters daily log information into Access Database relating to travel expense reports and spend authorizations.
- Collaborates with College of Science admin to bring in current freshmen students to the Geology department.
- Compile audit reports for undergrad advisor in order to review academic performances. Collaborate with advisor to ensure proper academic procedures are met for undergraduate students.
- Manage and create workday purchase orders for all supplies needed for faculty, students and office staff.
- Create receiving reports for all purchase orders items received in the office on a daily basis.
- Direct liaison for the Director of Summer Field Camp Program and Chair. Initiates the entrance process for summer field camp students.
- Assist with course scheduling for all semesters. Inputs classes as needed into the IBM 3270 mainframe system. Schedule class rooms, conference room, and lab facilities for use. Advise Chair and faculty of necessary information pertaining to enrollment and classes.
- Supervise building coordinator and scientific lab research specialist for the Geology department.
- Oversee the work needed to complete facility projects and estimates for construction projects.
- Supervise all student workers hired for the Geology main office.