The LSU Chemistry Graduate Program offers a coursework-based Master's of Science in Chemistry (non-thesis). To apply to this program, please submit the following materials:
1. Complete Online Application to the Graduate School:
- Fill in all information required by the LSU Graduate School.
- Required for Chemistry: Request three (3) Letters of Recommendation. NOTE: These can be submitted via online application, by email, or in a sealed envelope to the Chemistry Graduate Office (see address below).
- Required for Chemistry: Upload your Statement of Purpose via the online application.
- Required for Chemistry: Enter scores for GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) on the online application if you have already taken the exams.
- Required for Chemistry: Upload a copy of your transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable).
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload your CV and any sample publications.
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload a brief summary of previous teaching and research experience.
2. Email the following information to the Dept. of Chemistry to the Chemistry Graduate Office:
- Required - If transcripts were not included in the online application, please email and attach a copy of your transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate), or mail these to the Chemistry Graduate Office at the address below.
3. Send in official GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) to the LSU Graduate School. The ETS institution code for LSU Graduate School is 6373.
Our mailing address is:Graduate Studies Office
Department of Chemistry
Louisiana State University
232 Choppin Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803