Neil Kestner Physical Chemistry Graduate Student Award
Professor Neil Kestner came to LSU in 1966 as an Associate Professor. He retired as the Charles H. Barré Professor of Chemistry in 2004. He served two terms as Chair of Chemistry, was involved in teaching at all levels and was an early proponent of computers in research (quantum mechanical calculations and quantum statistical mechanics) and teaching. To find out more about Neil Kestner, see: Induction into the College of Science Hall of Distinction (2017); Associated article on p. 3 of the Summer 2017 Newsletter
Recipients of this award must be full-time graduate students at LSU enrolled in the College of Science, Department of Chemistry, with a focus on Physical Chemistry. Preference will be given to students within two (2) years of completing their PhD.
The endowment for this eponymous award was contributed by Professor Neil Kestner.
- 2021- Xiaobing Chen (Kuroda Group)
- 2020- Susith Galle Kankanamge (Kuroda Group)
- 2019- Pu Du (Kumar Group)
- 2018- Yaowen Cui (Kuroda Group)
- 2017- Aliasghar Sepheri (Chen Group)
- 2016- Tony Karam (Haber Group)
- 2015- Kristen Fulfer (Poliakoff Group)