Summer Courses in Marine Biology
It's hard to immerse yourself in marine biology when you're hours from the ocean. Summer courses offer an opportunity to explore marine life in beautiful places with like minded students. Some lists of available courses follow. Many offer scholarships and/or financial aid. Be sure to check and see whether credits transfer to LSU before you put your money down.
- Jeff Levinton's Marine Course Guide
- Institute for Tropical Marine Studies Experiences (with scholarships!)
Salt Spray Experiences with Off-Campus Internships
Marine Biology Links
- Paul Yancey's Deep-Sea Pages
- The Cephalopod Page
- What's Under You?
- Jeff Levinton's Marine Biology Web
- Slug Site!!
- Oceana's Searchable Marine Life Encyclopedia
- Coral Reef Facts
- The Concentration - the course of study here at LSU
- LUMCON - what's happening at Cocodrie
Inquiries or suggested links to Dr. Michael Hellberg at firstname.lastname@example.org