Biological Sciences Award Winners
The Department of Biological Sciences commends it's many faculty, staff, postdoctoral students and graduate students for their award winning research efforts
- Recipient of an LSU Alumni Association Rising Faculty Research Award for 2021. This award recognizes faculty at the rank of assistant professor who have outstanding records of scholarship and published research. See the full list of winners
- Recipient of the 2021 LSU Alumni Association Faculty Excellence Award. This award recognizes faculty members for outstanding teaching, research, or service. See the full list of winners.
- Recipient of the 2021 LSU Faculty DEI Mentoring Award. This award recognizes faculty who are making outstanding contributions to the mentoring activities of faculty, staff and/or students from underrepresented groups. See the full list of winners.
- Socolofsky Teaching Award - the recipient "should embody the pedagogic qualities Dr. Socolofsky was known for, i.e. strong mentoring, student involvement, going above and beyond the classroom, passion for the student experience, and public outreach and also should embody the personal qualities Dr. Socolofsky was known for, i.e. genial, engaging with students, and seen as a resource/advocate." See the full list of winners.
- British Ecological Society Robert May Prize
The Methods in Ecology and Evolution (MEE) Robert May early career researcher award is named after Lord May, from the University of Oxford. The prize is awarded annually to the best paper submitted by an early career author at the start of their research career. The winner is selected by the Senior Editors of the Journal.
Arthur Porto has been awarded this year’s prize for their article ML‐morph: A fast, accurate and general approach for automated detection and landmarking of biological structures in images Read More
- Non-Tenured Faculty Research Award - recognizing outstanding research accomplishment. See the full list of winners