Face Coverings Required
Masks or face coverings are required indoors at all times, except when individuals are alone in their offices. Masks are also required outdoors within 50 feet of entrances to buildings.
Health & Safety
Every member of the LSU community must adhere to the protocols outlined to minimize risk and mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance and requires everyone to do their part. We appreciate your cooperation.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Masks are required in all indoor locations on campus. Masks should be placed properly covering both nose and mouth.
- Please maintain 6 feet of physical distance whenever possible.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Wash hands thoroughly and often or use hand sanitizer.
Sanitation & Cleaning
Intensified cleaning has been implemented on campus according to CDC guidance, and cleaning protocols are being updated as new information is released by the CDC and others.
Building services custodial staff received updated training on the proper disinfecting training techniques required for this enhanced cleaning. The custodial staff will be conducting normal routine cleaning of bathrooms, hallways, offices, common areas, classrooms, teaching areas, break rooms, and conference rooms.
In addition, the custodial staff will clean frequently touched surfaces on a daily basis. The minimum frequency of cleaning for high touch areas include:
- Twice daily for elevators, stairways, and restrooms
- Once daily for doorknobs, light switches, and break rooms
At minimum, classrooms will be cleaned once a day, including doorknobs, light switches, chairs, and desks, as well as other hard surfaces.
- Baton Rouge - COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Information
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- Unemployment Insurance related to COVID-19
- The LSU Ethics Institute is providing information from the Louisiana Department of Health on Louisiana Crisis Standards of Care. For more information, visit the Ethics Resources page.
- COVID-19: Cleaning & Disinfecting Guidelines for Computer Equipment