The safety of the LSU community is always our guidepost. We will follow all CDC and state safety guidance, and will do everything possible to protect the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
New policies and procedures have been implemented for residence halls, residential colleges, and campus apartments to help protect residents. If you have questions at any time, please contact your Resident Assistant, front desk, or the Department of Residential Life. Visit lsu.edu/reslife/news/2020/coviddorm.php for more details.
Possible Exposure and/or Positive Test Results
In consultation with campus health professionals, protocols for dealing with sick and well students will be in place. The first option is for the resident to quarantine or isolate at home, if feasible. If not, plans will include quarantine and isolation accommodations using a mixture of on- and off-campus facilities.
Students in isolation on campus will be provided the following resources and amenities:
- Students are provided essential health and wellness services while in isolation and quarantine by the Student Health Center.
- Meals are provided to residents in isolation or quarantine by LSU Dining.
- Emergency response will be coordinated by LSUPD to ensure awareness and appropriate response as the situation requires.
- Academic support is coordinated for students in isolation and quarantine by the Residential Life Advocacy team through their faculty.
- Technology needs will be supported through the LSU Library’s Gear 2 Geaux program.
View Q&A on Res Life for additional details.
The Tiger Card is your official LSU ID card that will help you gain access to everything you need on campus! From your residential hall and meal plan to athletic events and the UREC, you can't leave home without your Tiger Card!
Getting your Tiger Card is easy! To expedite the process and have your Tiger Card ready for you upon your arrival to campus, you must electronically submit a photo by visiting the Tiger Card Photo Upload Portal. Please submit these items no later than August 11, 2020.
Once approved and printed, residential students will receive their Tiger Card at their scheduled move-in appointment. Commuter students will need to visit the Tiger Card Office located on the first floor of the LSU Student Union to pick up their Tiger Card.
If you have any questions concerning the upload process, please call 225-578-4300 or email email@example.com.
LSU Dining will offer packaged meals, limited seating, and take-away options. No self-service will be offered at this time. Dining staff will take extra precautions to keep themselves and students safe. Facilities will be thoroughly cleaned multiple times each day, surfaces will be continuously cleaned and disinfected, and hand sanitizer will be available at entrances and exits. Dining halls and retail services will have designated entrances and exits, and use plexiglass barriers to separate cashiers and guests when physical distancing is not allowed due to limited space.
The LSU Bookstore will return to Spring Semester Hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, beginning January 11. Please visit lsu.bncollege.com for more information.
The LSU Student Union Normal business hours are:
- Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
More information about building hours can be found at lsu.edu/as.
LSU University Recreation (UREC) will be open; however, precautions will be taken for safety. Building capacity will be limited to 25 percent. Each fitness area will be capped at maximum capacity for the space, guests are expected to practice appropriate physical distancing, and equipment will be rotated every four hours. Cashless transactions will be the only option to pay for equipment and services. Visit lsuuniversityrec.com for further details.
The LSU Student Health Center is open and committed to meeting the health and wellness needs of students with telehealth visits in the Medical Clinic, Mental Health Service, and Wellness and Health Promotion. In addition, onsite Medical Clinic visits and COVID-19 testing are available, by appointment only, and onsite priority visits are available in Mental Health Service and Wellness and Health Promotion, as needed. Please visit lsu.edu/shc for details.
To further promote a safe environment on campus, all meetings and events must follow the Meeting & Event Guidelines.
Parking & Transportation Services developed several strategies and procedures following the recommendations of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local guidelines. View Parking & Transportation Services' safety measures, procedures, and frequently asked questions.
Information about LSU Mailing Services may be found at lsu.edu/as/services/mailingservices.
Buildings will continue to be locked and unlocked on a daily basis. Building hours are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Mitigation measures for offices:
- Use technology to limit in-person group meetings.
- Use remote work and staggered schedules where and when possible.
- Remove chairs in large meeting rooms to limit capacity and promote physical distancing.
- Arrange for floor markings to indicate ideal seating arrangements.
- Make operational changes to avoid contact with others and promote physical distancing.
- Post campus signage in waiting areas/lobbies to instruct visitors to wear masks.
- Create entry and exit plans for staff.
- Identify and restrict common areas where people are likely to congregate and interact, or enforce physical distancing protocols.