Campus Operations after Thanksgiving Break
LSU is following all CDC and state guidelines for health and safety, and is doing everything possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus. After the Thanksgiving holiday, all remaining fall classes will be held virtually, and students who travel over Thanksgiving are asked not to return to campus for the remainder of the semester. This helps protect the campus from a travel-related outbreak.
Any additional updates or modifications to campus operations will be communicated on this site. Since the pandemic is a fluid situation, all information is subject to change if the state of the pandemic changes at LSU or in Louisiana.
The LSU Dining Halls will be closed after Wednesday, November 25, 2020. Those remaining on campus after Thanksgiving can use remaining Paw Points in LSU Dining retail locations until Saturday, December 12. More information about LSU Dining meal plans, retail locations, and operational hours can be found at dineoncampus.com/lsu.
Student Health Center
The LSU Student Health Center (SHC) will be closed on November 26 and 27 for the University holiday. SHC will reopen after the University holiday. For information about hours after the Thanksgiving holiday, please visit www.lsu.edu/shc for details.
Residence halls remain open over Thanksgiving break and unnecessary travel is highly discouraged. Use your myLSU credentials to log in and complete the survey (sent via email on 11-4-2020) by Noon on Nov. 25, 2020 indicating your Thanksgiving travel and residence hall occupancy plans. You must complete the survey to retain access to your residence hall. For more information, please visit lsu.edu/reslife.
Mail operations will not be changed from Fall 2020 operations.
The LSU bookstore will have adjusted hours during the holidays. For holiday hours, please visit lsu.bncollege.com. In addition, the LSU bookstore will have adjusted hours beginning November 28, 2020. Bookstore hours will be:
- 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday
The LSU Student Union will have adjusted hours during the holidays.
- Wednesday, November 25: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 26-Sunday, November 29th: Building Closed
- Monday, November 30 - Sunday, December 13: Normal Building Hours
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. -9 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Monday, December 14 - Wednesday, December 23: Interim Building Hours
Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, December 24 - Friday, January 1, 2021: Building Closed
More information can be found at lsu.edu/as.
LSU testing locations will remain open to LSU faculty, staff, and students. For information about locations and hours, please visit lsu.edu/roadmap/health/testing.php.
Students, faculty, and staff should complete the TIGERCheck daily.
Reporting Positive Cases
All students, faculty, and staff are required to report a positive case of COVID-19 through the TIGERCheck.
Buildings will continue to be locked and unlocked on a daily basis. Building hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays.
The library will remain open from 7:30 a.m. until 8 p.m. For more information, please visit lib.lsu.edu.
Quiet Zone Spaces
The following designated quiet zone spaces will remain open for students to utilize for virtual classes. The spaces are open from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Coates Hall Room 130 (20 spaces)
- Coates Hall Room 234 (20 spaces)
- Lockett Hall Room 135 (15 spaces)
- Williams Hall Room 210 (25 spaces)
- LSU Library Study Carrels on 2nd and 4th floors (100 spaces total)
- LSU Library Room 232 (15 spaces)
- LSU Student Union Quiet Zone, located near Room 358J (20 spaces)
- LSU Student Union Evangeline Room, located in Room 306 (12 spaces)
LSU University Recreation (UREC) will remain open after the Thanksgiving break. Each fitness area will be capped at maximum capacity for the space, guests are expected to practice appropriate physical distancing, and equipment will be rotated every four hours. Cashless transactions will be the only option to pay for equipment and services. Visit lsuuniversityrec.com for further details.
- Face Masks - Face covering use is required on campus in public spaces, especially when it is not possible to maintain appropriate physical distancing of at least six feet, such as entering and exiting campus buildings, moving through hallways, using common rooms, in classrooms, and frequenting other shared spaces. LSU will provide one LSU-branded cloth face covering to each employee and student returning to the physical campus this fall. Please note: Face shields are not substitutions for face masks. If you choose to wear a face shield, it must be in combination with a face mask.
- Physical Distancing - Maintain physical distancing of six feet whenever possible
- Hand washing/ Hand Sanitizing - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if hand washing is not feasible, use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Coughing/Sneezing Etiquette - Remember, if you have to cough or sneeze, do so into a tissue or the inside your elbow rather than your hands. This will help to minimize the spread of germs as you touch doorknobs and surfaces.
- Cleaning - Enhanced cleaning will continue for all spaces that will remain open.