Graduate Assistant Application
Graduate Assistant for the Office of LSU Risk Management
The Office of Risk Management is responsible for administering the University's risk management and insurance programs. This includes insurance and self-retained financing covering property, liability risks, and workers compensation. Our mission is to minimize the risk of financial loss to the University through identification and analysis of risk, implementation of loss control programs and contractual transfer or other risk reduction or financing techniques.
Nature of Work
The work involves general office, administrative, operational, analytical, coordination, and research duties supporting the management of the University’s risk data, insurance program, and policy development.
- LSU student pursuing a Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or related graduate degree.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with office productive software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management systems, and other technology used in support of financial analysis.
- Proficient in spoken and written communications.
- At least 2 Years remaining in degree program.
This 9-month appointment (August 2019-May 2020) includes a salary of at least $11,000 with the standard benefits associated with an LSU graduate assistantship, including tuition remission. Full-time transitional employment is also available during the summer semester. To apply please complete the form below and attach your resume. If any assistance is needed in completing the below form, please contact the LSU Office of Risk Management at 225-578-3283 or email@example.com .
All persons in Risk Management are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner, to carry out their duties in a manner consistent with their position, and to adhere to the policies and procedures of Louisiana State University and Finance & Administrative Services.