Laville Honors House - East & West Laville Halls
The Laville Honors House provides both a residence and a collegiate atmosphere for first-year Ogden Honors College students In the Laville Honors House, students live with a diverse peer group, participate in social, academic, and service activities, and interact with faculty within East Laville Hall and West Laville Hall.
Sophomores and up can live in the Honors Living Community in East Campus Apartments.
In addition to being a part of the on-campus community, students in the Laville Honors House also benefit from these unique opportunities provided in this living-learning community:
- Share an intellectual experience with a community of creative, high-achieving students
- Enjoy the benefit of a mini campus within LSU with The French House, Laville Honors House, and dining hall on the same block
- Participate in formal and informal programs, such as lectures, theater nights, weekly teas, and study sessions
- Engage with the faculty in residence, whose apartment is in Laville Hall
- Get to know Ogden Honors College faculty and administrators as mentors and friends, some of whom have offices in Laville Halls
- Attend personal and cultural enrichment programs that address communication skills, career choices, and studying abroad
- Enhance leadership skills through participation in hall government and Ogden Honors College student organizations
- Have priority scheduling for some honors classes
- Attend classes with co-hort of Ogden Honors College peers in Laville Halls' seminar
rooms (Note: Not all classes are taught on-site.)
Requirements & Eligibility
- Open to first-year Ogden Honors College
- Maintain status in the Ogden Honors College and enroll in required courses with the assistance of Honors College staff
- As space allows, Honors residents may request non-honors roommates, called Honors buddies
- See the complete list of requirements here.
Application and Room Assignments
- Eligible students should select the Laville Honors House as their housing preference on the housing application.
- Ogden Honors College staff reviews the applicants for eligibility and notifies residents of their acceptance into the program throughout the spring.
- Laville Honors House residents can search for potential roommates in the online housing portal
- For housing application and room assignment information, please contact Res Life at 225-578-8663.
- For Ogden Honors College eligibility information, please contact Ogden Honors College staff listed below.
East and West Laville Halls - Laville Honors House
East and West Laville Halls provide everything Ogden Honors College students need to be successful: offices where faculty advisors hold office hours, seminar rooms, multiple study and community spaces, modern rooms, and a great location between The French House and the 459 Commons dining hall.