Laville Honors House - East & West Laville Halls
The Laville Honors House provides both a residence and a collegiate atmosphere for Ogden Honors College students throughout their time at LSU. In the Laville Honors House, students live with a diverse peer group, participate in social, academic, and service activities, and interact with faculty within East Laville Hall and West Laville Hall.
In addition to being a part of the on-campus community, students in the Laville Honors House also benefit from these unique opportunities provided in this living-learning community:
- Share an intellectual experience with a community of creative, high-achieving students
- Enjoy the benefit of a mini campus within LSU with The French House, Laville Honors House, and dining hall on the same block
- Participate in formal and informal programs, such as lectures, theater nights, weekly
teas, and study sessions
Engage with the faculty in residence, whose apartment is in Laville Hall
- Get to know Ogden Honors College faculty and administrators as mentors and friends, some of whom have offices in Laville Halls
- Attend personal and cultural enrichment programs that address communication skills, career choices, and studying abroad
- Enhance leadership skills through participation in hall government and Ogden Honors College student organizations
- Have priority scheduling for some honors classes
- Attend classes with co-hort of Ogden Honors College peers in Laville Halls' seminar
rooms (Note: Not all classes are taught on-site.)
Requirements & Eligibility
- Open to Ogden Honors College students of all years
- Maintain status in the Ogden Honors College and enroll in required courses with the assistance of Honors College staff
- As space allows, Honors residents may requests non-honors roommates in late summer
- See the complete list of requirements here.
Application and Room Assignments
- Eligible students should select the Laville Honors House as their housing preference on the housing application.
- Ogden Honors College staff reviews the applicants for eligibility and notifies residents of their acceptance into the program throughout the spring.
- Laville Honors House residents can search for potential roommates in the online housing portal in January and will begin making room selections in April.
- For housing application and room assignment information, please contact Res Life at 225-578-8663.
- For Ogden Honors College eligibility information, please contact Ogden Honors College staff listed below.
East and West Laville Halls - Laville Honors House
East and West Laville Halls provide everything Ogden Honors College students need to be successful: offices where faculty advisors hold office hours, seminar rooms, multiple study and community spaces, modern rooms, and a great location between The French House and the 459 Commons dining hall.