We take care of a lot of things for you, but laundry is up to you!
Each residence hall has a community laundry room with washers and dryers that accept quarters or TigerCash. On-campus apartments have washers and dryers in each unit (No quarters or Tiger Cash required!).
Use Laundry Alert! to go online and see which washers and dryers are available, how much time is left on the cycle, and have an email sent to you when your laundry cycle is complete or when a machine becomes available.
- Go to www.laundryalert.com and enter lsu3733 to get started.
Report a Broken Machine
Report any machine service issues by phone at 800-927-9274 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Refund
Request a refund if you experienced a problem using one of the machines while paying with cash. If you experienced a problem while using Tiger Cash on your Tiger Card, contact the Tiger Card Office for refund information.
Full instructions on how to use the machines are in every laundry room, but here are a few other tips that will help you do your laundry properly:
- You want to make sure that your pockets are emptied of all items- chapstick, gum, pens, money, papers, etc.
- Sort your clothes into at least light and dark items. There are 6 cycles on the washer to choose from- Whites, Colors, Bright Colors, Permanent Press, Woolens, and Delicates. A water temperature chart can be found under the lid of the top loading washer.
- Pre-treat any stains – whether with detergent or a stain eliminator (Shout, Spray-n-Wash)
- Load clothes LOOSELY into the washer. Only fill clothes to the top row of holes in the wash basket. They need to be able to agitate properly or they will not get clean!
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions on the detergent bottle/box. Do not use too much soap!
- 1 wash = 1 dry! Do not dry more than 1 load of clothes in the dryer.
- Load clothes loosely into the dryer. Don’t overload the dryer as your clothes need to be able to tumble freely in order to dry thoroughly.
- Remove clothes promptly when cycle ends to prevent wrinkles and to free up the machine for the next person.
- Please help out the housekeeping staff by keeping the floor and area free of used dryer sheets, detergent containers, etc.