Equipment Use Request
The purpose of this process is to ensure that technology and equipment resources available for checkout remain in working order and are available for professional and student staff when needed for on and off-campus Residential Life events.
The Residential Life Communications team will store and maintain any and all equipment when not in use.
Process and Procedure
All equipment is owned and maintained by the ResLife comm team and can be used freely by professional staff, student staff, and ResLife student organizations. Please note that the following policies apply to all equipment check-outs:
- All equipment is to be used only for university and/or department activities;
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis;
- Equipment may be reserved up to 28 days in advance;
- The maximum length of time an item may be checked out is seven (7) days per check out;
- Equipment cannot be checked out for more than two (2) consecutive time periods without approval from the Associate Director and/or Assistant Director;
- Reservation will automatically be canceled if equipment is not picked up within four (4) hours of scheduled pick-up time;
To request an equipment check-out, you will need to initiate a check-out request:
- Complete and submit the Equipment Checkout Request Form below.
- The comm staff will review your request and respond within two (2) business days with either an approval or a denial. Should your request be denied, you will receive an explanation. You will be provided a check-out date and time.
Once you request has been approved and you receive your specified check-out time, equipment can be picked up from 35 Annie Boyd Hall:
- Arrive at your specified time. Should you need to change your date and/or time, please let the comm staff know;
- A member of the staff will perform an equipment inspection and can provide a brief tutorial of how to use the equipment (if needed);
- Both the supervising staff member and you will sign the check-out agreement.
The following individuals are eligible to borrow equipment from the ResLife Communications bank of technology and equipment:
- Professional Staff
- RHA leadership
- Dance Marathon leadership
In order to successfully complete the check-in process, you will need to follow these steps:
- Arrive on time for your specified check-in time;
- A comm staff member will inspect the equipment for any damage(s);
- Provided there are no issues with the equipment, the staff member will sign off on the return and the equipment will be placed back into its proper storage space.
Damage or Loss
Upon checkout, the comm staff will inspect equipment to ensure that it is in working order and will provide a brief tutorial of use (if needed). If you leave without completing the equipment inspection, you may be held responsible for physical damages. If an issue should arise while using the equipment or if the equipment should fail to work after the inspection, please alert the comm staff as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for the equipment from check-out until check-in;
- You cannot loan the equipment out to other staff (for a separate event) under the same check-out period
- Equipment should not be left unattended
- If an item is not returned or returned damaged, you will be charged for the cost of repair or replacement
Equipment checkout privileges will be revoked for thirty (30) days if equipment is not returned within 24 hours of the scheduled return time; should extenuating circumstances arise, please alert the comm staff within one (1) hour of the original return time.
After five (5) days without communication, the equipment will be considered stolen property.
Loss of Privileges
Should the comm staff determine that you have repeatedly failed to uphold the check-out agreement and processes, the following action(s) may be taken against you:
- On the second instance of damaged equipment or late return, checkout privileges will be revoked for sixty (60) days;
- After the third instance of damaged equipment or late return, checkout privileges will be revoked for ninety (90) days;
- Equipment checkout privileges will be revoked for one (1) year upon one instance of a late return past five (5) business days (barring the communication of any extenuating circumstances);
- Any subsequent abuses will result in disciplinary action including permanent revocation or checkout privileges.