Community Desk Assistant
Every on-campus community has a front desk, and most are open 24/7. Desk Assistants (DAs) work at the desks as customer-service agents and first point-of-contact for residents. Whether it’s a room lockout, package pick up, submitting a work order, or guest registration, DAs handle it all.
- The beginning of each semester is the main hiring period for DAs. However, you may apply at any time throughout the year.
- You will be contacted for an interview if openings are available.
- Contact the Front Desk Operations Coordinator for more information.
LEAD Community Desk Assistant
A Lead Desk Assistant (LDA) is customer service based staff position. The LDAs primary responsibilities include serving as a resource to community desk assistants, managing administrative responsibilities, ensuring coverage at all of our desks, assisting with training of DAs, attending regular staff meetings, ensuring compliance and efficiency of our desks, and carrying out the duties of a standard Desk Assistant when needed.
Grace King Front Desk Assistant
The Residential Life office's main front desk is located in Grace King Hall and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Front Desk Assistants work at the desks as customer-service agents and first point-of-contact for visitors. The Front Desk Assistant also answers the phone and directs calls throughout the department.
- The application for the fall semester will open in early August.
Office assistants assist with Grace King Hall operations, file papers, answer phones, work on facilities projects, and much more.
- This application for the fall semester will open in early August.