Residence Life Coordinator Employment
LSU Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs) are professional live-in staff members who oversee communities ranging in size from 300-700 students in a mix of traditional housing and residential colleges. Each RLC supervises a Graduate Residence Director (GRD) and a team of Resident Assistants (RAs) in one of our on-campus communities. RLCs are a main part of the Residential Life & Education team within the Department of Residential Life and primarily focus on administrative responsibilities, staff supervision, and community development.
As a residence life professional at LSU you will work and live in an exciting atmosphere with opportunities for professional development and collaboration with campus partners. Serving on or chairing various committees, advising student groups, gaining on-call experience, partnering with residential college faculty, mentoring staff, training and teaching opportunities, hearing conduct cases, and traveling for professional development and staff retreats are all part of this well-rounded position. It might sound like a lot at first, but we’ve got you covered. As an RLC at LSU, you can expect to be fully supported by your supervisors and colleagues.
- Competitive compensation package, benefits and dining hall meal allotment
- Fully furnished apartment and office space in one of our residential communities
- Roommate and pet policies for professional staff
- Flexible working hours and the autonomy to run your own community
- Oversee a collateral assignment and sit on one of the five departmental teams
- Supervise a Graduate Residence Director and 10-20 Resident Assistants
- Tuition exemption for up to 6 hours per semester after one year of service at LSU
- Staff discount at Barnes and Noble bookstore and LSU Sports Shop on campus
Application and Interview Process
If you’re excited, motivated, and a qualified candidate, we look forward to getting to know you through the hiring process. For details on available positions or to apply for a currently available position, visit the LSU Systems Career site. Questions or want to send in your résumé? Contact Bill Mattera with any questions regarding employment in the Residential Life & Education team.
The Placement Exchange
See if LSU could be the best place for you to live, work, and grow. If you’re invited to LSU for an on-campus interview, you’ll get to experience our southern hospitality in person. Our Residential Life & Education team strives to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible and happily arranges transportation to and from the easily accessible Baton Rouge Airport, meals, and hotel accommodations for your convenience. If ADA accommodations are necessary, please be sure to communicate that. On campus you’ll meet other RLCs, GRDs you may supervise, a team of RAs, and get one-on-one time with departmental senior leadership.