Check Out Reminders
As you wrap up finals and begin moving out, review these helpful tips to make the check-out process smooth and easy:
All Residence Halls, East Campus Apartments and West Campus Apartments
- Residence halls, ECA and WCA close for the year on Saturday, May 4, 2019, at 8 p.m. You must check out within 24 hours of your last exam or by 8 p.m. on May 4, whichever comes first.
- If you have a late final exam or extenuating circumstances and need an extension to stay until Sunday at noon, you must email your community’s Residence Life Coordinator for approval by Friday, May 3, 2019, at noon. Please note that any extension may not be in your current room assignment.
- As a courtesy, graduating seniors can request an extension to remain on campus through Sunday, May 12, 2019, at 1 p.m. You must be pre-approved to remain on campus, and may have to move to an interim space on campus. E-mail the assignments team to request an extension through commencement.
- Schedule a time to check out of your room with your community staff. Failure to complete
the check-out process will result in charges. Note that after you complete the check
out walk through with your RA and approve your room's condition report, a professional
staff member will also inspect the room to confirm its condition before entering any
charges to your account.
Nicholson Gateway Apartments
- Residents with a 12-month lease do not check out in May. Look for instructions on how and when to have your LSU Tiger Card programmed for continued access to your apartment.
- Nicholson Gateway residents with a 9.5-month leases must check out by May 31, 2019. Follow
instructions given by your in-hall staff to check out correctly whether you are checking
out now or later in May. Failure to complete the check-out process will result in
charges. Note that after you complete the check out walk through with your RA and
approve your room's condition report, a professional staff member will also inspect
the room to confirm its condition before entering any charges to your account.
Summer Storage Options
- Summer storage options are available if you don’t want to pack and haul your belongings. Pack it, store
it, and have it delivered to your new fall address; it’s that easy!
Give and Geaux
- Collection bins are in your lobby for gently used and new items you no longer need.
A local charity will collect the items after move out for distribution to those in
need in the greater Baton Rouge area. Look for details on what is accepted on the
collection bins in your lobby.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your community staff.
Thanks for living with us with semester! We appreciate all you contributed to make campus a vibrant community this year.
The LSU Residential Life Team
LSU Department of Residential Life
99 Grace King Hall, Baton Rouge, LA 70803