Postponement of Evangeline Move In
Hello Louise Garig and Highland Hall residents,
The opening of Evangeline Hall has been postponed by two weeks. We are so close to finishing, but need some time to get the final touches complete for you.
You will move back into your fall room assignment in Louise Garig or Highland Hall beginning on January 6, 2019 at 10 a.m. Staff is available for check in January 6-8, 2019 between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. at the front desk in Annie Boyd Hall. Checking in outside of these days and times is allowed, however there may be a wait time.
Note that the Horseshoe parking area is closed to traffic and parking to accommodate Highland Hall construction preparation. You can park in any the surrounding Resident, Zone 3 lots.
Here's the current timeline:
- December 22 – January 1 - University closed for winter break
- January 2 – University reopens and staff returns
- January 6 at 10 a.m. – Res halls reopen for spring
- Check in at the Annie Boyd Hall front desk January 6-8, 2019, between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- January 9 – Classes begin
- January 11 – Res Life will send out moving update via email
- January 17 – Evangeline Hall Preview Night
- January 18 – Evangeline Hall Move-In Begins
- Res Life staff will move boxes from Highland Hall and Louise Garig Hall to Evangeline Hall today. Look for details in the email we’ll send January 11, 2019.
- January 18 – Horseshoe Community Front Desk Moves to Evangeline at 8 a.m.
- January 18-21 –You can continue moving into Evangeline Hall at your convenience.
- January 22 at 3 p.m. – Access to Highland and Louise Garig ends
Any changes to the timeline will be communicated to you via email and in-hall staff announcements.
Thank you for your understanding as we prepare your new campus home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email so we can assist.
Residential Life Staff