Happy Friday, Residents!
Week one is almost in the books…you can do it!
If you’re interested in changing rooms or buildings, here’s how to do that:
HOW TO CHANGE ROOMS WITHIN YOUR CURRENT RESIDENCE HALL OR APARTMENT COMMUNITY:
- Schedule an appointment with your community RLC or GRD:
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018, between 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018, between 1:30 – 4 p.m.
- You must complete your move by 9 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
- Residential Life must approve all room changes.
- If two students intend to “swap” assignments within a building, both students must be present at the desk to “swap.” Please have your LSU ID with you.
HOW TO CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT RESIDENCE HALL OR APARTMENT COMMUNITY:
- Come to the Department of Residential Life office in Grace King Hall, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Thursday-Friday, August 30-31, 2018, to request a building change.
- If we have an open double available for you on campus, you can request to be moved to that space and pay the private rate (1.5 x rate of the room).
- You must present your student ID when you request a change.
- Moves must be completed by Sunday, September 2, 2018 by 9pm.
- Residential College participants may be limited in options for moving to other buildings
because of class scheduling and programming for each residential college.
IF YOU HAVE A VACANT SPACE IN YOUR ROOM OR APARTMENT:
- Please visit your Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) Tuesday - Wednesday, Aug. 28-29, 2018, to discuss your options.
- If the other space in your room or apartment is not occupied, you may request to keep your room as “private” by paying 1.5 x rate of the room. This guarantees another student will not be assigned to that vacant space.
- If you do not want to pay the additional private rate, you will need to fill out the appropriate form with your RLC and keep one side clear of belongings in case another student gets assigned to the room.
- That vacant space could be assigned to a student at any time throughout the semester.
LSU Department of Residential Life