Nicholson Gateway Parking Information
As our retail neighbors (Wendy’s, Matherne’s Market, Starbucks, Frutta Bowl, and more to be announced) open and football season approaches, we want to remind you of the parking structure at Nicholson Gateway.
Students with resident parking permits (Green, Zone 3):
- Residential parking is provided in the following lots between the Gateway Garage and
West Chimes Street:
- Canal Hall Lot—Lot 111
- Gateway North Lot—Lot 112
- Gateway Garage
- Levels 1-4
- Level 5 – Shared between resident permits and employee B permits
- Update: Students should not park in employee B and C spaces on the first and fifth floors. Follow any and all temporary and permanent LSU Parking signage.
- Any student with a resident parking permit (Green, Zone 3) may park in the resident parking area at Nicholson Gateway at any time, with the exception of home football game days. Please see the football section below for details.
- All parking south of the Gateway Garage (between the Gateway Garage and Skip Bertman Drive) is reserved as retail visitor space. Highlighted in yellow below, they are the Gateway South Lot - Lot 109 and Gateway Central Lot - Lot 110. Resident parking restrictions are listed on the lot entrance sign.
- A resident-only 15-minute unloading zone in Lot 110 will be created for your use. The striped spaces will be located adjacent to the sidewalk near the ADA spaces.
- Visitors shopping at the Gateway Center retail area are allowed to park in the retail
spaces for up to one hour. Cars remaining in a retail parking space for more than
one hour will be ticketed. Once the restaurant opens, a process will be put in place
to allow additional parking time for restaurant customers.
Home Football Game Day Parking:
- A special Nicholson Gateway permit (Green, Zone 3, Nicholson Gateway) has been issued to Nicholson Gateway Apartment residents. This permit will allow only Nicholson Gateway residents to access the resident parking areas at Nicholson Gateway on home football game days.
- Nicholson Gateway residents with the Nicholson Gateway permit can only enter and exit from West Chimes Street on home football game days.
- The retail lots and LSU Foundation lots, highlighted in yellow and purple below, are reserved for LSU Athletic Department use on home football game days.
- Any student with a resident parking permit (Green, Zone 3) may park in the resident parking area at Nicholson Gateway at any time, with the exception of home football game days.
- Nicholson Gateway resident parking and common areas in white below are tailgate-free
- Catch the Tiger Trails bus at the north end of Canal Hall on Gateway Garage Lane. LSU Parking & Transportation Services is monitoring bus use and will add/relocate bus stops based on demand. Please share any bus stop requests by contacting LSU Parking & Transportation Services at 225-578-5000 or parking@Lsu.edu.