Construction & Parking Updates
Hello Residents –
Cedar Hall Construction Updates
Please review the available parking lots, walk ways and planned construction updates in your area. Your safety is our top priority, and we want to make sure you are aware of all parking options and safety resources available to you.
- Consider parking in the large WCA lot and walking through that community’s lighted walk ways to access Kirby Smith Hall or Cypress Hall. You also have access to the 24/7 front desk in the WCA Activity Center with your Tiger Card.
- If you park further away from your building and would like an escort to your building, contact Campus Transit at 225-578-5555 or schedule an on-demand pickup through the TransLoc app between 5:30 p.m. – midnight.
- Residential Life also employs a Public Resource Neighborhood Officer to patrol the Aster Street/Gov. Claiborne Drive area overnight who is available to assist you.
- Staffed front desks are located in the WCA Activity Center, Kirby Smith Hall lobby, Cypress Hall lobby, Broussard Hall Lobby, East Hall Lobby, and the Pentagon Activity Center if you need to reach a staff member. You have access to your community’s front desk and also the WCA Activity Center front desk.
- LSU SHIELD is a free app available to the LSU community to help students, faculty and staff report emergencies or crimes, receive help from police, or simply check on each other to ensure they’ve arrived safely at their destinations or returned safely from class, their workouts, or other outings.
Home Football Game Day Parking Reminders
The Office of Parking & Transportation Services will strictly enforce football game day parking lot restrictions in some lots near our west campus residence halls and apartments this Saturday, November 11, 2017, including, but not limited to:
- Tennis Courts Lot (Lot 206)
- Tiger Band Hall Lot (game day permit required)
- Street parking on Cypress Drive, Fieldhouse Drive, and Dalrymple Drive
For all home football games, residents must relocate all vehicles out of the area labeled as “Reserved Parking” on the 2017 Football Parking Map and into on-campus resident, non–restricted parking lots before 7 a.m. on game day. Any vehicles found in restricted areas on Saturday morning will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Available resident, non-restricted lots include, but are not limited to:
- Large lot adjacent to West Campus Apartments,
- Lots across Aster Street from Kirby Smith Hall and Cypress Hall
- Gravel lot on the corner of Cypress/Aster and W. Chimes Street
The remaining home football dates are Nov. 11 and Nov. 25, and these same restrictions will apply.
Access to the Pentagon Activity Center
The Pentagon Activity Center front doors will be locked from use from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. this Saturday. You will only be able to access the community through the back gates of the Pentagon Courtyard, near The 5 and Broussard Hall. You will still have access to the Activity Center through the doors facing the courtyard.
We do this for each home football game to eliminate non-student traffic into your community space. Please help us with this by accessing the community through the back gates, not letting anyone into the community that does not swipe their Tiger Card to enter, and reporting any suspicious activity to your front desk or RLC.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and Geaux Tigers!
Sent in partnership with the Office of Parking & Transportation Services and LSU Band
Department of Residential Life
Louisiana State University
99 Grace King Hall, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
firstname.lastname@example.org | lsu.edu/housing
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
This e-mail account is not monitored. Please do not reply to this email address, but rather send any questions, comments, or concerns to email@example.com to ensure a reply. Thank you!