Office of Research Advancement
The Office of Research & Economic Development (ORED) is committed to nurturing and supporting high-impact (e.g., large-scale), interdisciplinary, and/or strategic research and instruction programs at LSU. As part of this mission, ORED, through the Office of Research Administration (ORA), will provide administrative and technical support for the development and submission of major grant and strategic proposals. ORA was developed to provide comprehensive support for multidisciplinary and strategic programs; facilitate research collaboration with local, national, and international partners; and promote research initiatives within the seven focal areas identified in the ORED Strategic Plan.
ORA's mission is to support implementation of the ORED Strategic Plan through a variety of proactive and capacity-building activities designed to attract extramural research funding and increase institutional competitiveness.
- Support strategic planning to develop and nurture critical multidisciplinary initiatives such as research centers, institutes, and other programs throughout the institutional research enterprise
- Initiate and nurture key partnerships and alliances among faculty, between institutions, and with external not-for-profit and for-profit stakeholders
- Facilitate research events such as targeted workshops and training sessions on competitive sponsor programs and other proposal resources
- Manage ORED-initiated intramural research programs and the limited submission process to external funding agencies
- Arrange internal and/or external merit reviews of proposals and pre-proposals
- Identify opportunities and external funding sources that align with institutional priorities and faculty research strengths that have the potential to add visibility or impact to the university.
To request the support of this office, please complete the online Proposal Development Request Form. All requests will be evaluated by ORED senior leadership. Factors for consideration will include allotted time for proposal development/assistance, qualifications of the PI, the long-term benefits to the university, and distribution of ORED support across all focal areas.
Direct all general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.