The Presidential Search Committee is reflective of LSU and of Louisiana. The 20 committee members are a diverse group representing the different ethnicities, genders, academic disciplines, occupations, geographical regions, and constituencies whose input is vital to selecting the next leader of LSU.
The committee will also have the latitude to recommend any structural or organizational changes that might facilitate identifying the best leader for the future of LSU.
The search committee will determine the method of identifying interested parties and the means for reviewing their qualifications. Though there are no established time limitations, the committee is being asked to move deliberately in completing the search process.
Search Committee Chair
- James Williams; Former chair, LSU Board of Supervisors from the Second Congressional District; New Orleans, La.
Committee Vice Chair
- Gabriela González, Boyd Professor, LSU Department of Physics & Astronomy; Baton Rouge, La.
Search Committee Members
- Glenn Armentor; LSU Board of Supervisors from Third Congressional District; Lafayette, La.
- Hannah Barrios; Vice President, LSU Student Government; Pollock, La.
- Chip Campbell; Alumnus and President of Campbell Companies; Shreveport, La.
- Clarence Cazalot; Alumnus and Chair of the LSU Foundation; Houston, Texas
- Larry Clark; Chancellor, LSU Shreveport; Shreveport, La.
- Jessica Jones; Director of Student Success, LSU Eunice; Eunice, La.
- Valencia Jones; LSU Board of Supervisors from the Fourth Congressional District; Natchitoches, La.
- Lester W. Johnson; Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, LSU Health Monroe; Monroe, La.
- Luke Laborde; Instructor, LSU School of Renewable Resources; Baton Rouge, La.
- Roland Mitchell; Dean, LSU College of Human Sciences & Education; Baton Rouge, La.
- Lori Martin; Professor, LSU Department of Sociology; Baton Rouge, La.
- Steve Nelson; Dean, LSU Health New Orleans, School of Medicine; New Orleans, La.
- Christel Slaughter; Alumna and co-owner of SSA Consultants; Baton Rouge, La.
- Tara Smith; Professor and Regional Director, LSU AgCenter Central Region; Alexandria, La.
- Rémy Starns; Chair-elect, LSU Board of Supervisors from the First Congressional District; Metairie, La.
- Takeyra Wagner; Education Technology Specialist and Staff Senate President, LSU Alexandria; Alexandria, La.
- Mary Leach Werner; Immediate Past Chair, LSU Board of Supervisors from the Third Congressional District; Lake Charles, La.