LSU Student Government, Parking & Transportation Services and the LSU Family Association collaborate annually to sponsor a holiday shuttle program. Shuttles are provided for both the Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks to transport students to and from the New Orleans airport.
Registration for the 2018 Winter Break Holiday Shuttle is now closed.
If you did not pre-register for the Winter Break Holiday Shuttle, you may register on-site when you arrive to the Ag Coliseum parking lot. The loading point for all Holiday Shuttles will be in the Ag Coliseum parking lot (A120) on the corner of South Stadium and Highland Rd. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your shuttle departure time to avoid any delays getting to the airport. The shuttle driver will ask you to complete the paper registration form to collect your information and grant you access to ride the shuttle.
Winter Break Shuttle
Transportation from LSU to the New Orleans (MSY) Airport:
- Friday, December 7: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., Noon, and 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., and Noon
- Sunday, December 9: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Transportation from the New Orleans (MSY) Airport to LSU:
- Tuesday, January 8: Buses will depart from the airport at 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m.
Please schedule New Orleans shuttles at least three hours before your flight.
The deadline to complete online pre-registration for the Winter Break Shuttle was
Monday, December 3 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- The cost of the New Orleans airport shuttle for Thanksgiving and Winter Break will be $55 round trip.
- The cost of the New Orleans airport shuttle for students of Family Association members will be $50 round trip. In order to receive the discount, please indicate your Family Association membership status on the shuttle registration form. Learn more about the LSU Family Association here.
- Fees will be assessed to the student’s fee bill.
- Students may choose to depart or return one way from the airport but will be charged the round-trip price.
- All charges are non-refundable.
Service to the Airport
The loading point for all Holiday Shuttles will be in the Ag Center commuter lot (A120) on the corner of South Stadium and Highland. Look for the Holiday Shuttle signs.
Students MUST HAVE A VALID STUDENT PARKING PERMIT. Students will not be ticketed/towed as long as they have a valid parking permit (residential/commuter/Greek) and park in the Ag Center Lot or any of the surrounding residential or commuter lots. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT PARK IN ANY FACULTY/STAFF LOTS OR THEY WILL BE TICKETED/TOWED. (Life Sciences Lot highlighted in orange pictured below). Please note that students are leaving their cars in these lots at their own risk.
*Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your shuttle departure time to avoid any
delays getting to the airport.
Return Service to Campus
For return service back to campus, purple Tiger Trails buses will pick up students
on the upper concourse outside of baggage claim at the New Orleans airport.
Students may track their shuttles through the TransLōc app, which can downloaded onto a mobile device or accessed at http://lsu.transloc.com/info/mobile. The New Orleans Holiday Shuttle will appear as a “Charter” bus on the TransLōc app.
**All students who register for the holiday shuttles will receive communication reminders prior to each scheduled shuttle dates. Please pay special attention to these reminders in case drop off or pick up locations change.