Student Parking Permits
Any student bringing a vehicle to campus must register for a permit and provide valid vehicle information that will include make, model, color, license plate number and state. Student permits will automatically be charged to their Bursar Account. While parking rules and regulations are enforced Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Permits are required at all hours on weekdays, day and night to promote campus safety.
Any student that wishes to obtain a refund for their current permit must submit an official request to the Parking and Transportation Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your request is approved, you must return your current permit in person or through the mail. Once received, a refund following our prorated fee schedule will be issued to your Fee Bill/Billing Statement.
Refunds will be granted on the basis of the following circumstances:
- Early graduates
- Classes moved online due to COVID-19
- No longer enrolled in the University due to (transfer, failure to maintain academic status, expulsion)
- Military Orders (with proper documentation)
Please Note: The permit must be received by our department prior to the refund being processed. Please allow up to 14 business days for the process to complete. E-mail email@example.com with any extenuating circumstances if a refund has not processed within the aforementioned time.
|Annual||This permit type is valid for a single academic year (i.e. August 2020 through August 2021) (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters).|
|Daily||A daily temporary permit is valid from midnight on day of purchase to 11:59 p.m. on the date of purchase.|
Student Permit Types
- Commuter - available to students living off campus.
- Greek - available to students living in Greek Housing.
- Resident - available to students living on campus in a residence hall or in East Campus or
West Campus Apartments (ECA or WCA).
- Nicholson Gateway** - available to students living on campus in the Nicholson Gateway Apartments.
- Edward Gay** - available to students living on campus in the Edward Gay Apartments.
- Law - available to students enrolled with the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
- Union Square Garage - available to students enrolled with the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center on a first come, first sale basis. Permits for the Union Square Garage are specific for that reserved area and all other parking will be restricted during the hours of zone parking.
- U-High - available to students enrolled with the University Lab School.
- Motorcycle - available to students who drive a motorcycle or moped to campus. Must visit our main office to obtain this permit. This permit type is not eligible for a pro-rated rate.
2020-2021 Parking Permit Prorated Fee Schedule:
Student - Commuter
**Married students registered with LSU Residential Life are eligible for one additional resident spouse permit. Students must visit our main office to obtain this additional permit. Vehicle information will be required.