Advance Tech Skill Sets with New LSU Online Programs in Coding, Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and More
BATON ROUGE - To better prepare students and working professionals for technology careers, LSU Online & Continuing Education announces new professional development programs—MicroCreds, certificates and bootcamps—in topics like cloud computing, DevOps, data analytics, statistics, cybersecurity, web and software development and more. Additionally, individuals new to online learning can try out a course at no cost through the Geaux for Free initiative. Students can take single courses in popular topics, such as Learning Experience Design or DevOps, before committing to the full MicroCred.
“There is no job of the future that does not require a technology skill set,” said Sasha Thackaberry, vice president at LSU Online & Continuing Education. “These new tech offerings allow us to continually offer professionals an opportunity to upskill or reskill into growing industries to advance their careers.”
Recently, the department worked with Andrew Schwarz, LSU professor in the E. J. Ourso College of Business Administration, to offer two of his on-campus Amazon Web Services, or AWS, courses in an online format so that students can enroll from anywhere.
“This program prepares students for the AWS Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect certification exam,” Schwarz said. “Additionally, students who take these programs can apply it toward the LSU Online Focused Master of Business Administration degree—saving them time and money.”
LSU MicroCreds are made up of short-form online courses that are designed to bridge skill gaps in the workplace. Since the programs are self-paced, working professionals can upskill and earn Continuing Education Units, or CEUs, without ever having to take time off from their jobs. CEUs can convert into many types of professional credits needed for jobs in accounting, engineering, project management and more. Additionally, some MicroCred programs are approved to fully transfer into a degree program.
Enroll in one of the new online tech MicroCred programs from LSU and earn CEUs that may apply toward professional certifications while learning a new skill.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner MicroCred (4.0 CEUs | 40 Hours)
- AWS Solutions Architect MicroCred (6.0 CEUs | 60 Hours) - coming soon
- Business & Data Analytics Foundations MicroCred (9.0 CEUs | 90 Hours)
- Construction Technology Management MicroCred (9 college credit hours) - coming soon
- SQL for Analytics MicroCred (9.0 CEUs | 90 Hours) - coming soon
- Tableau MicroCred (8.0 CEUs | 80 Hours) - coming soon
- Statistics MicroCred (6.0 CEUs | 60 Hours) - coming soon
- Learning Experience Design MicroCred (6.0 CEUs | 60 Hours)
- DevOps: Cloud Platform MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Collaboration & ChatOps MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Container Integration MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Continuous & Automated Testing MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Continuous Deployment MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Object-Oriented Programming MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- DevOps: Release Orchestration Microcred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- Management & Leadership Series MicroCred (1.8 CEUs | 18 Hours)
- Business Project Management MicroCred (5.4 CEUs | 54 Hours)
- Business Project Management with Agile MicroCred (5.4 CEUs | 54 Hours)
Online certificate programs provide more in-depth training in specialized topics to offer the skills and knowledge needed to earn a promotion or change careers entirely.
The newest certificate program from LSU Online & Continuing Education is the online Tableau Business & Data Analytics Certificate, which was made possible by a collaboration with Tableau. Students who take this certificate program will gain relevant experience that would allow them to seek out careers in business or data analysis for a wide range of industries. Students will practice using tools needed for jobs in these areas such as Tableau, SQL, Python and spreadsheets in a hands-on, online lab environment. The program’s successful completion earns the student a mega badge, a certificate and 32.0 CEUs upon completion of the program.
Powered by award-winning Fullstack Academy, the LSU tech bootcamps provide condensed, immersive programs taught by industry experts in convenient, live online formats that can be taken either on a part-time or full-time basis. Students can choose between the cyber or coding bootcamp and leave ready for lucrative high-tech careers in Louisiana and beyond. LSU alumni qualify for $2,000 in savings toward a bootcamp program.
Visit online.lsu.edu/profdev to view all of the professional development programs. To learn more about the Geaux for Free initiative, visit online.lsu.edu/free.
About LSU Online & Continuing Education
LSU Online & Continuing Education meets the evolving needs of nontraditional learners by creating education opportunities in high-demand, workforce-relevant fields. Programs are designed with the student in mind, whether online, on-campus or on-site. LSU meets students at all levels of their education journey from individual training courses to fully online degrees. LSU delivers high-quality learning experiences for individuals to earn the credentials they need for professional, financial and personal growth. Standards are rigorous, led by award-winning LSU faculty and expert instructors. Students can expect world-class customer service through personal, concierge-style learner support. Learn more at online.lsu.edu.
Contact Charlotte Bencaz
LSU Online & Continuing Education
LSU Media Relations