Jump Start Your Holiday Shopping at Season’s Readings
Join Faye Phillips, Billy Cannon and LSU Press for the annual holiday book and journal sale
BATON ROUGE – As part of LSU’s Holiday Spectacular, LSU Press and The Southern Review welcome shoppers to the annual Season’s Readings book and journal sale, with gift ideas for everyone’s shopping list.
This year’s Season’s Readings takes place on Tuesday, Nov. 29, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Club at LSU Union Square. The event boasts a wide array of great titles at 20 percent off, more than a dozen local authors and free gift wrapping. Enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres, coffee and a cash bar while shopping for great books and get to mingle with local authors. Free parking will be available from 4:30 to 8:30 in the Union Square Parking Garage.
A copy of “The Golden Band from Tigerland,” signed by author Faye Phillips will hit just the right note with the music fans in your life, while armchair historians will pore over Stanley Nelson’s tireless investigation into Klan murders of the 1960s in “Devils Walking.” Aviation expert Vincent P. Caire, cocktail connoisseur Liz Williams, and poets Alison Pelegrin and Ava Leavell Haymon will also be in attendance to sign copies of their books, along with Billy Cannon and his biographer, Charles deGravelles.
Special guests will be in attendance to sign copies of LSU Press books:
- “The Golden Band from Tigerland” – Faye Phillips
- “Devils Walking” – Stanley Nelson
- “Military Aviation in the Gulf South” – Vincent P. Caire
- “Lift Your Spirits” – Liz Williams
- “Fonville Winans’s Louisiana” – Cyril Vetter
- “Waterlines” – Alison Pelegrin
- “Afton Villa” – Genevieve Trimble
- “Legendary Louisiana Outlaws” – Keagan LeJeune
- Billy Cannon and his biographer Charles deGravelles
- “Louisiana Wild” – C. C. Lockwood
- “A Confederacy of Dunces Cookbook” – Cynthia LeJeune Nobles
- “Seat Yourself” – Alex Cook
- “Hungry for Louisiana” – Maggie Richardson
- “River Road Rambler” – Mary Ann Sternberg
- “Best of LSU Fiction” – editors Nolde Alexius and Judy Kahn
- Louisiana Poet Laureate Ava Leavell Haymon
Many other LSU Press titles and issues of The Southern Review will be available for sale. The Club on Union Square is located at the corner of Highland Road and Raphael Semmes, across Highland from the LSU Union.
Contact Jennifer Keegan
LSU Media Relations