Professional Jobs in Baton Rouge
Communications Coordinator, New Orleans & Company
The ideal candidate will assist the members of the Communications and Public Relations department in supporting all departments of New Orleans & Company as an internal “service” department to ensure the organization’s goals are met.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Support the Communications and Public Relations department in providing proactive, strategic marketing, communication and public relations assistance to all internal departments.
- Manage monthly goal reports reflecting measurement results for proactive media outreach, media assisted and stories placed for Communications Department and Agency of Record, submit for review to Director of Marketing, Communications and
- Assist Director of Marketing, Communications, and Governmental Affairs with department financials.
- Create and update content for the New Orleans & Company’s website homepage, maintain the press and media section of the website by posting industry releases, New Orleans & Company press releases, and keeping press kit material fresh.
- Assist the Tourism department in gathering events to post to the calendar.
- Managing and updating press lists to ensure all of the media contacts are continuously receiving the latest information on New Orleans.
- Assist journalists with inquiries about New Orleans via phone or email. Provide information, suggestions, contact information and story development to journalists with questions about New Orleans.
- Draft and distribute the What’s New in New Orleans document, an overview of updates in the hospitality industry, upcoming events and festivals and recent awards, which is sent to more than 5,000 travel and trade media contacts, PR council list, all users, is posted to New Orleans & Company’s website, and is included in all media welcome packets.
- Write press releases, media alerts, advertorials, etc.
- Distribute email blasts and press releases via Meltwater and Informz to members, travel writers, local media, opinion leader lists, elected officials, PR council and more.
- Monitor the communications inbox daily for replies to e-mail blasts and overall communication.
- Maintain contact information for opinion leader lists (contact information for industry Board of Directors and influencers), elected officials list and PR council lists (Influencers and main PR contacts across the city), used for email blasts, Tourism Matters mailings, etc.
- Assist with maintaining New Orleans & Company’s photography and b-roll libraries.
- Support large projects such as National Tourism Week, Be A Tourist in your Hometown and COOLinary.
- Press trips - work with national and international incoming media by assisting with accommodations, tours, meals, attractions, transportation when necessary, reach out to members on the journalists behalf, etc., assist in story development, provide a detailed personalized itinerary and welcome packet, follow up with journalist after their departure.
- Assist group PR with microsite content, e-marketing templates, meeting planner newsletter.
- Assist with the internal employee newsletter.
- Attend local press conferences and events when necessary to represent New Orleans & Company.
- Assist with tracking media relations in SimpleView.
- Assist all members of communications team with special projects.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from four-year college or university and one to two years of experience. Strong writing, editing and organizational skills are required for this position.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and articulate business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Contact JTIANO@NEWORLEANS.COM for more information.
Proposal Writer, LSU Foundation
The LSU Foundation, Louisiana State University’s primary fundraising arm for academics, is seeking a full-time proposal writer. Reporting to the lead proposal writer, the individual selected for this new position will assist in developing comprehensive proposal materials for principal- and major gift-level donors and prospects, with a focus on advancing the LSU Foundation’s mission of cultivating and investing in philanthropic partnerships to advance LSU’s academic priorities. These include written materials related to both individual and industry donor cultivation and solicitation, such as proposals, concept papers and case statements. The proposal writer will be an integral part of an eight-person team of creative professionals who collectively shape and implement the LSU Foundation’s development communications plans.
Please provide three writing samples that reflect your abilities in one or more of
the areas highlighted in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities section. Samples
can be uploaded as additional documents with your application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with lead proposal writer and development officers in colleges/units across LSU’s campus to produce proposals for donors and prospective donors that align with LSU’s strategic fundraising priorities.
- Draft and finalize copy for proposals and related collateral, such as concept papers, pre-proposals and case statements.
- Conduct research to compose robust, focused copy for proposals and related collateral.
- Ensure that proposal content is consistent with messages developed for development communications and with LSU’s strategic fundraising priorities.
- Collaborate with graphic designer to ensure that proposals are visually engaging and align with LSU’s brand.
- Develop and manage production schedules and client relations for all projects for which the proposal writer serves as project manager.
- Ensure accurate, on-time delivery of completed projects.
- Develop and disseminate best practices information related to proposal writing, as well as proposal tools and templates, in collaboration with lead proposal writer and graphic designer.
- Serve as an editing and a proofreading resource for proposals and related materials written by colleagues.
- Acquire and maintain a sound understanding of LSU and its associated programs, fundraising/marketing themes, and academic and fundraising priorities.
- Build and maintain strong, cooperative relationships across campus and within the LSU Foundation.
Marginal Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with lead proposal writer and senior director of communications and marketing, develop and lead writing workshops for development colleagues.
- Be part of sustaining and strengthening the communications and marketing team’s storytelling platform, with a focus on developing storytelling opportunities that feature the impact of philanthropy at LSU. This platform is inclusive of copy and design assets produced by the team to serve a wide and evolving range of development communications needs campus-wide.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, mass communication or other area of study with emphasis in written communications
- At least three years professional experience in a position with similar responsibilities; internship experience may be considered in lieu of this requirement depending on the qualifications of the candidate
- Excellent command of the English language, including grammar, usage, spelling and punctuation; ability to communicate in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and interviewing skills
- Superior reading comprehension and information synthesis skills, especially as related to topics outside of one’s own area of expertise
- Ability to manage and move among multiple projects in a given work day
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, reflected in the ability to work collegially in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with insights into how best to support fundraising officers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
Preferred Knowledge & Skill Qualifications
- Professional experience working in a marketing/communications or development department setting, especially for a nonprofit or higher education institution
- Proven track record of driving forward or achieving organizational goals through writing
- Grant-writing experience
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press style
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Pro and InDesign
- Experience working with a relationship-focused database (e.g., ADVANCE) and project management software
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques, academic units, and leadership structures within a higher education environment
- Ability to produce work that consistently complies with university style and aligns with brand guidelines
- Interest in and aptitude for varying language and the tone of messages based on a particular project and medium
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Ability to translate strategic direction and communication goals into concise, focused copy
- Enthusiasm for working on multiple deadline-driven projects within a given work week
- Outstanding professional judgment and use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Understanding and/or appreciation of higher education, philanthropy and the far-reaching effects of both in transforming lives
- Desire and ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a creative team
- Excellent time-management skills, including ability to improvise under pressure and changing circumstances when necessary
- Strong oral communication, relationship-building and customer service skills and flexibility to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions
- Initiative to grow professionally and better serve the university through engaging in professional development opportunities
None associated with this position
Work Environment Requirements
- May be required to work occasional extended workdays, evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time working at a computer workstation in an open office environment
- Travel is limited to occasional professional development conferences
See full listing and apply online here: https://vizi.vizirecruiter.com/LSU-Foundation-1045/14090/index.html
Marketing Coordinator, LSU URec
The function and purpose is to coordinate and oversee daily operations of UREC Marketing and Promotions to engage students and the campus community to pursue active & healthy live choices. Assist with the management of social media, program/event marketing and graphic design, and website that attracts students & the campus community to select UREC as provider of choice.
35% Project Management:
- Oversee and coordinate the writing, editing, design, layout, production, and distribution of marketing material via print, and new media campaigns
- Serve on special event/standing committees to provide input and assist in marketing efforts
- Proofread all digital proofs/artwork, and regulate time to allow for an internal concept review
- Responsible for overall coordination of project status reports by creating and assigning a step-by-step schedule of completion for each open project
- Communicate project status with the Assistant Director of Marketing on a weekly basis
- Responsible for coordinating schedules of collateral to arrive prior to final deadlines
- Compile in collaboration with the Assistant Director, Marketing, monthly reports showcasing marketing endeavors accomplished to achieve student learning outcomes and objectives
25% Digital/Social Media:
- Coordinate direct marketing campaigns, including: print, email, and new media campaigns
- Provide guidance and indirect supervision of UREC “Street Team,” responsible for creating consumer interactions & awareness on campus through conversation via social media
- Create/Proof content, update, & maintain UREC’s daily social media avenues, during/after work hours; Publish digital signage at UREC, and send digital signage to campus partners
20% Web/Visual Media:
- Develop, maintain, update, and manage all in-house digital production to include video content of UREC programming
- Create dynamic video content to incorporate into on-line campaigns via social media avenues
- Assist in development of content/updates of the UREC website
20% Administrative & Fiscal Responsibility:
- Directly oversee, develop, and supervise marketing student staff
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student marketing personnel
- Evaluate the performance of student employees on a yearly basis and provide written and/or verbal feedback upon completion
- Recommend student personnel for advancement, rehire, or dismissal
- Verify and approve marketing student staff hours through Workday; Manage projects against budget constraints
- Analyze and utilize cost efficient methods for production of marketing materials
- Monitor use and manage inventory of all equipment, supplies, promotion items, and materials used
- Provide feedback regarding departmental programs, equipment, and operations by conducting daily observations/engaging in programs and using equipment/facilities
- Immediately report safety concerns to the functional area supervisor
- Be active professionally through research, publications, presentations, speaking engagements, and involvement in professional associations
- Represent University Recreation for various University/community functions, committee work, and other duties as assigned
- Contribute positively to the work environment by participating in honest dialog that is indicative of the department’s culture of teamwork
- Willingly shares all information with department teammates in an effort to provide high quality outcomes that contribute to student success
- Maintains positive co-worker relationships and fosters an environment of trust and inclusion
- Provide staff coverage during evenings, weekends, and special events as determined by department & function need.
Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Sport Management, Graphic Design, or related field with 1 year of experience and provide a work portfolio.
Master's degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Sport Management, Graphic Design, or related field with 2 or more years of experience in a higher education setting or private marketing firm including experience in website design and leading others.
Special or Physical Qualifications:
Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite 6, and highly proficient with various social media platforms.
Preferred: Preferred: Proficiency in WordPress and content management software.
Apply for this position here: https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/LSU---Baton-Rouge/Coordinator---Marketing_R00025954
Client Services Assistant, Kean Miller
Kean Miller is seeking a full-time Client Services Assistant to work in the Client Services and Marketing Department in downtown Baton Rouge. This position works closely with the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Client Services Supervisor, Client Services Manager, and Client Services Assistant to provide tactical and administrative support for a wide array of professional services marketing projects, including, but not limited to:
- Basic graphic design and/or web design
- Assistance with the firm’s marketing database, Interaction
- General administrative duties
- Event planning
- Database entry
- Internal/ external communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, or other related field
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Basic graphic design and/or web design experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
This position is based in the Baton Rouge office and involves interaction with all levels of professionals within the firm, including executive staff, attorneys and partners, paralegals, secretaries, and other administrative personnel. This position requires travel to all offices frequently.
Kean Miller offers a people-driven culture, meaningful work, highly competitive salaries, generous paid time off and a robust benefits package that includes health, life, disability, dental, vision coverage, pet insurance and 401(k).
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com.
For more information on Kean Miller, please visit https://www.keanmiller.com/
Marketing Representative, State of Louisiana
Function of Work:
To perform marketing analysis, research, and distribution for specialized primary, statewide programs such as the Preferred Provider Organization Plan, Guaranteed Student Loan Program, etc.
Level of Work:
Experienced. Six years of experience is preferred.
Location of Work:
May be used by all State agencies.
Differs from Marketing Representative 1 by the independent performance of all assigned duties.
Differs from the Marketing Specialist series by absence of responsibility to induce economic development.
Examples of Work
- Visits medical providers, physicians, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, schools, lending institutions, and universities to explain, negotiate, and promote specialized programs and services.
- Explains, negotiates, and defines the terms of contracts. Renegotiates contracts yearly.
- Compiles statistics to determine cost patterns, product visibility, and product marketing success.
- Collects basic economic data to create promotional material for selling purposes.
- Holds meetings with clients.
- Creates and conducts seminars, conferences, and training sessions for program utilization.
- Assists in the preparation of reports of conferences and negotiations with clients.
- Accompanies other representatives to observe formal sales presentations for training purposes.
- Assists other representatives in the preparation of materials for presentation before various groups concerning the benefits and services of specialized programs.
- Assists in preparing publications for promotion.
See more and apply for this job here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/louisiana/jobs/2158820/marketing-representative-2?keywords=marketing&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Marketing Producer, WAFB-TV
WAFB is seeking a Marketing Producer. S/he will be a self-starter with the ability to adapt to the project, whether it be broadcast or digital, news promotion or commercial client-driven. He/she should be an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography and Adobe Creative Cloud editing programs. Working with the marketing director, this person will help to to conceptualize and create content that will help expand WAFB's rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The ideal candidate will work well with a creative team as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This role demands direct knowledge of all aspects of video production to independently create top-quality multiplatform advertising. Working with a team of producers and reporting to the director of marketing, this marketing producer must efficiently produce a variety of creative assets for both WAFB 9News and a variety of commercial clients. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively engage with WAFB's social audience and to have an understanding of social media monitoring and management tools for publishing and reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or other related field.
Must provide creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography. Experience with Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and Web CMS is a plus.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Drug screen required. Apply online to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Sales Assistant, WAFB-TV
WAFB CBS 9/WAFB Digital is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant. If you are looking for a fun and fast paced career this may be the position for you. You must be detailed oriented, creative, and able to learn new concepts quickly.
The ideal candidate should be organized, possess superior communication skills and have excellent time management abilities. This position works directly with the sales department, other station departments, advertisers and agencies on a daily basis, to assure that digital campaigns run as directed.
Candidates for this position should also have experience in MS Office and be proficient in data entry. Experience with digital traffic systems such as Google DFP and Wide Orbit DFP is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, creative environment.
Please apply on-line (Raycom Media Career site) and attach your cover letter and resume. Completion of a pre-employment drug test and clean driver's record required. Apply online to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Marketing Specialist, deGravelles & Palmintier, Attorneys At Law
The Marketing Specialist is a non-exempt position with deGravelles & Palmintier, Attorneys At Law and is responsible for building a positive public image for the firm in and around the Baton Rouge area through public relations efforts; and developing and implementing regional marketing and business development strategies in order to foster client growth.
- Research community relations and business development opportunities, cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities, industry trends as well as potential client targets.
- Develop appropriate and strategic communication campaigns aimed at specific target audiences with clear goals and objectives and regular reporting functions.
- Create, design and edit marketing collateral and communication pieces, such as practice brochures, attorney biographies, client lists, newsletters, presentations and social media and website content.
- Implement a coordinated, professional digital advertising effort in tandem with a strategic social media strategy.
- Ensures quality and consistency of firm’s marketing message.
- Identify appropriate media contacts and cultivate working relationships; coordinate media interviews and placements related to goals and objectives.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B S.) from four-year college or university, marketing or advertising or related discipline preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and a working knowledge of other applicable software
- Proficiency with social media and digital advertising
- Understanding and working knowledge of design principles and applicable software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented and able to handle multiple responsibilities in tandem
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a legal or professional services environment preferred but not required
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Assistant, Chef John Folse/White Oak Plantation
Chef John Folse and White Oak Plantation seeking sales assistant. Must have computer and project management skills. This is a community-oriented position that requires wonderful interpersonal skills as well as exceptional detail and organizational aptitude. Hiring immediately. Email resume to email@example.com. Account Executive, WAFB-TV
Senior Account Executive, WAFB-TV
WAFB CBS 9 has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive to join its energetic and professional sales team.
The ideal candidate will bring a multi-year track record of success in broadcast and digital sales. WAFB seeks a self starter that can hit the ground running with a sense of urgency and close new business while maintaining and growing an existing major account list. Candidates must be detail oriented and have excellent communication & customer service skills.
Education/Experience: A college degree is preferred along with a minimum of 5 years in media sales experience. Applicants must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. The candidate must have reliable transportation that meets required insurance coverage needs. A pre-employment drug screening and MVR check is required.
Qualified applicants, attach resume with cover letter, and apply online at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Digital Director, Louisiana Democratic Party
The Louisiana Democratic Party is seeking a Digital Director to build a top notch digital program. The Digital Director will manage all aspects of the digital program; email fundraising, social media copywriting and execution, graphic content development, video production, online advertising, website maintenance, and manage outside vendors when necessary.
The Digital Director will work to amplify party messaging and Democratic elected officials across the state. Additional responsibilities include growing the email list, building the online fundraising program, and continuing to grow social media presence, as well as the ability to produce rapid-response social media content at a moment’s notice.
- Develop an overarching department digital strategy, complete with digital metrics.
- Manage all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Medium, while staying up-to-date on new social media opportunities and updates to various online platforms.
- Work closely with the Communications Department to track breaking news that can be amplified online.
- Write engaging and productive fundraising emails with rigorous testing and optimization, list segmentation, and email list maintenance.
- Storyboard, Create and deploy compelling social share videos
- Develop online fundraising and engagement goals, and email calendars.
- Execute high-performing fundraising emails under tight deadlines, mobilizing supporters to attend LDP or surrogate events, and mobilization of volunteers.
- Grow email list organically, and through digital advertising.
- Design engaging digital and print graphics (fundraising emails, social media, rally signs, flyers, logos for our events, etc.)
- Maintain, and update website with press releases, and other updates needed for other departments.
- Production of digital analytics reports to optimize performance of digital program using data-driven strategies.
- Work seamlessly with all other departments, Democratic candidates and local parties to promote our efforts, digitally and with print design.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when necessary.
- Minimum 2 years experience running digital campaigns.
- Excellent persuasive and engaging writing ability that can be demonstrated in long-form emails in different voices and translated into copy that’s under 140 characters.
- Experience sending fundraising emails, and managing a successful email program for a candidate, or political organization.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator experience is required, After Effects, InDesign and other Adobe products is helpful).
- Proficient in using CRMs. (Blue State Digital and NGP preferred)
- Proficient in using CMSs. (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience producing engaging videos, using tv clips, stock footage/audio, producing subtitles. (Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Abobe Premier are required)
- Experience running an efficient digital advertising program.
- Experience and working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Incredible eye for detail.
Helpful skills, but not required:
- Experience with DSLR cameras, capturing high-quality images and video.
- Ability to code websites, microsites.
- Ability to create interactive graphics (Java, Tableau, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Louisiana politics.
- French and/or Spanish language proficiency
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, several examples of graphics and videos you have produced or a link to online portfolio (preferred), and examples of fundraising emails and social copywriting that you have produced to Michelle Brister, Deputy Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Digital Director.
This position will be located in Baton Rouge Louisiana and will require frequent in-state and possible out of state travel.
This is a full-time position, salary is competitive and based on experience/skillset. The Louisiana Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Writer, BIC Alliance
Writer needed for industrial publication. An experienced writer with excellent editing and proofreading skills is needed immediately in the Baton Rouge office.Related degree and experience working for deadline-oriented publications is preferred. Experience in marketing, public relations and/or advertising a plus. Some travel required.
Send cover letter, résumé and writing samples to email@example.com.
News/Content Specialist, WAFB
WAFB-TV is looking for a news and content specialist. The successful candidate will perform traditional production assistant duties (chyron, audio, studio camera, and teleprompter) as well as newsroom duties including editing and posting to the website. This is an exciting position with great potential for upward mobility. Flexible schedule required. College degree and/or relevant experience preferred. Qualified applicants, please apply online at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Paralegal, Louisiana Attorney General's Office
The Louisiana Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General Jeff Landry, is seeking applications for a Paralegal. Salary offered will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected. The position will be domiciled in the Livingston Building, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, East Baton Rouge Parish. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check and reference verifications.
One year of experience in which paralegal work was a major duty, training in a law office or legal agency and/or completion of a paralegal-related curriculum in a university, certified paralegal training program, business school or technical institute. be dependable, discreet, responsible and self-motivated, competent with all computer software including internet browsing and Lexis specifically for legal research. Should possess a valid, current driver's license and have access to motor vehicle to travel statewide.
- Provide paralegal support for an attorney or several attorneys.
- Perform recurring duties independently.
- Receive research assignments from attorneys, conduct thorough and complete legal research within time constraints, and report appropriately the results of legal research.
- Interview witnesses and make summaries of information obtained.
- Conducts document review such as reports of investigations, medical charts, or other documentation containing relevant information and synopsize it.
- Schedule depositions and other appearances for trial counsel.
- Draft pleadings, memoranda, correspondence, and other documentation associated with case defense.
- Organize and maintain file folders on cases and assist in preparation of the file for trial.
- Maintain such administrative records as are necessary to account for time, travel, and expenses.
- Accept additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
Closing Date: Friday, June 1, 2018 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $30,000.00 - $48,000.00 annually (Full Time Position)
Job Type: Unclassified
To apply- visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/louisiana/default.cfm (Keyword: Paralegal)
Resumes will be accepted as an attachment to your application; however, all relevant
education and experience must be included at the time you apply.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact:
Brandi Collins at (225) 326-6728 or via email at: CollinsB@ag.louisiana.gov.
Account Executive, Nexstar Broadcasting (NBC 33/Fox 44)
The account executive works within established sales department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Promotions Manager, Nexstar Broadcasting (NBC 33/Fox 44)
The promotions manager formulates concepts and supervises a promotional team in creating promotional campaigns for on-air use, including station promotional commercials, news graphics, web, mobile and social networking graphics. This manager will also oversee the creative services department and the news production department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the Promotions, Creative Services, and News Productions.
- Plans and manages staff, training, and performance evaluations for the Promotions, Creative services and production departments.
- Have a working knowledge of production equipment and news production operations.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
- Works with News to insure quality of on air product is being met.
- Works with Sales to insure client commercials are done on time and to client’s specifications.
- Works with GM to develop brand image for all four (4) stations.
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
- Manages production staff who writes, edits and shoots video for commercial and promotional efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Will report directly to GM.
- Applicants should be proficient in Adobe, Photoshop and Illustrator programs with a thorough knowledge of television graphics and equipment of on-air and print art, photography and knowledge of web and mobile design.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Being a team player is essential.
Multimedia Journalist, Nexstar Broadcasting (NBC 33/Fox 44)
The multimedia journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. This position reports to the news director and/or assignment manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
- Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes stories for the web and other E-Media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the multimedia journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Senior Digital Sales Specialist, WAFB
WAFB CBS 9 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is seeking a Senior Digital Sales Specialist to help proactively formulate and execute digital advertising strategies for clients. The ideal SDSS candidate is a highly skilled sales professional with a extensive knowledge of digital advertising and marketing. The SDSS will work hand-in-hand with our team of Account Executives to create, coordinate, and execute digital ad campaigns. The SDSS will also supervise and manage these ad campaigns, provide front-end research, and optimize campaign performance. Some of the major responsibilities include:
- Coordination and execution of digital sales across all station websites, mobile and social media platforms
- Working with the Account Executives to create and present digital ad campaigns
- Monitoring and optimizing campaign results, and creating campaign summaries
The preferred applicant will have an undergraduate degree in marketing or mass communications along with 1-3 years of digital marketing/advertising experience. This includes experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns, Pay Per Click and Search campaigns, Facebook and Instagram campaigns, and familiarity of OTT TV technology.
This full-time position includes a competitive salary, bonus program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required.
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Please apply online to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V.