Professional Jobs in Baton Rouge
Strategic Communication Consultant, Emergent Method
Emergent Method is a team of problem solvers from diverse backgrounds dedicated to helping clients provide unique and valuable experiences to their customers, employees, and stakeholders. We strive to build and maintain a team of exceptional people who are committed to the success of our firm and our clients.
We are seeking a dynamic communication professional to join our team as a Strategic Communication Consultant. This role will be responsible for leading and supporting complex external communication efforts, outreach and engagement initiatives, and marketing programs for the firm and a variety of its clients, with a focus on the public sector. This is a full-time position based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, be driven by meeting client needs and focused on client success, and exceptional problem-solving skills. Additionally, this individual should have experience in developing and executing multifaceted communication campaigns, the ability to create compelling and strategic messaging and content, adapt messaging across mediums and deliverables, solid copywriting and editing skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support client projects requiring strategic communication, public relations, social media, writing, messaging, research, or other needs
- Lead and execute complex communications efforts around community outreach and engagement, crisis communication and management, stakeholder and audience engagement, and public relations
- Project management skills including proactive communication with clients and team members, tracking and reporting progress on project milestones, understanding client needs, developing appropriate timelines and processes, seeking feedback, and executing on above-satisfactory deliverables and work products
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify client needs, develop goals and objectives, coordinate and develop communication products, plans, and campaigns that are strategic, comprehensive, and aligned with client goals, and develop content for supporting traditional and digital outreach methods
- Work with project managers and key internal stakeholders to support the firm’s proposal content development and review, including proposal outlines and approaches, identifying win themes, content creation and formatting, and timely delivery in accordance with requirements
- Create and support outgoing communication including press releases, marketing collateral, social media content, and other materials
- Become an integral part of the copyediting process by reviewing company and client documents for organization, content, and technical accuracy while maintaining consistent branding, style, and formatting standards
- Serve as a trusted client resource and uphold the firm and client’s reputations by remaining extremely client-focused and committed to delivering above and beyond expectations
- Provide other project support functions as needed
Candidate(s) should submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Check out the full job description here.
Job Posted 10/5/20
Strategic Communications Associate, New Schools for Baton Rouge
Founded in 2012, New Schools for Baton Rouge (NSBR) is a community partnership bringing together talent and resources to deliver excellent schools to students and families in Baton Rouge. We invest in programs and initiatives that support the success of schools to expand and sustain excellence citywide.
The New Schools Team
NSBR is an entrepreneurial organization of accomplished individuals who are both deeply rooted in their belief in educational equity and highly motivated to provide excellent schools for every child in Baton Rouge. NSBR provides critical thought leadership to the educational landscape, but it is best described as an “action-tank” – dedicating its resources to the implementation of ideas that lead to demonstrable results in favor of kids. Understanding that this work is urgent and complex, team members are quick to identify opportunities that will further NSBR’s mission and exercise flexibility in reorienting their work. Team members think of themselves as jacks-of-all-trades and are eager to develop their expertise in topics that may be new to them, but are mission-critical. Team members are valued not for what they already know, but for their curiosity, innovation, drive, and what they can accomplish.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Executive Director of External Affairs, the Strategic Communications Associate is charged with operationalizing the organization’s strategic communications plan.
- Writing and editing press releases that support initiatives and messaging
- Writing op eds, letters to the editor and other media content weekly
- Working with outside writers to develop and edit content for submittal and coordinating submittal to publications
- Creating developing and updating of messaging materials as part of communications team and messaging strategy
- Organizing speakers and writer's bureau, including influencers and advocates
- Educating and training of people speaking and writing on behalf of our organization
- Partnering with outreach staff members on supporting events and speakers.
- Preparing content/materials for external meetings and speaking engagements (i.e., research briefings, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, talking points, etc.).
- Developing and maintaining relationships with reporters
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, political science or a closely related field preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience also considered
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Mastery of industry-standard social media management tools
Ability to travel locally to various school sites and external partner organizations during work hours
This is a full-time role offering compensation that is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, NSBR provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes individual health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company-matching contributions.
Send a cover letter and resume describing your background and experience to email@example.com.
Job Posted 9/11/20