Professional Jobs in Baton Rouge
News Editor, The West Side Journal
The West Side Journal, located in Port Allen, Louisiana, serves as the official journal of West Baton Rouge Parish. The office is located at 668 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen, LA., 70767. The newspaper’s roots run deep in the West Baton Rouge community, as the earliest dates of publication reach back to the mid-1800s. But the Journal as it is known now dates back to 1936 when L.D. Young bought it and changed its name from the Port Allen Observer to the West Side Journal.
At the Journal we strive to inform, entertain and tell the story of the close-knit West Baton Rouge community. Every Thursday residents can look forward to a new edition of the Journal filled with community news, features and pictures. The Journal prides itself on service to the community with accurate and balanced news and community features.
Duties & Responsibilities
The news editor of the West Side Journal is responsible for news coverage of West Baton Rouge Parish, the digital presence of the Journal, and the design of the weekly print publication.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing news articles
- Curating news and lifestyles content
- Social media management
- Publishing online content using BLOX/CMS TownNews
- Regularly attending and photographing governmental meetings and community events
- Design of the weekly print publication using InDesign
This is a full-time, salary position with flexible schedule and office hours.
To apply for this position, please contact Breanna Smith at 225-444-0265 or email Editor@TheWestSideJournal.com.
Job posted 6/13/19
Media Account Executive, Country Roads Magazine
General Explanation of Position:
The principal duties and responsibilities are to sell advertising and sponsorship packages for Country Roads magazine and associated special projects, including but not limited to digital advertisements, paid content packages, and event sponsorships. The employee is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing clients, and developing new prospects for growing their account list.
We regard the position of account executive (AE) to be of the utmost importance as this is our direct link for Country Roads magazine to our clients.
This position requires excellent communication, marketing and people-handling skills.
This position also requires representing the company within a specific region, which will be assigned to you.
An AE is expected to exemplify the highest ethical and professional conduct at all times.
Responsibilities / Essential functions:
- Service existing clients and develop new business:
- Maintain professional relationships through regular contact (visits and calls) with current clients.
- Serve as a consultant to the publication’s clients, assisting them to make use of their advertising budget effectively.
- Develop repeat and referral business through service & follow-up calls.
- Nurture relationships with existing clients in order to provide additional products and services.
- Research and develop relationships with new clients.
- Keep abreast of new businesses within the territory and make timely initial contact.
- Follow up on business leads from sources within the company.
- Gather ad information & materials from clients and prepare it for ad production in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Become involved in civic or professional organizations to develop leads, additional business, and personal skills such as the Chamber of Commerce, Women in Media, Ad Fed etc.
- Annual and monthly sales goals are assigned, from which the performance of each AE will be periodically evaluated. Goals are set based on past performance and growth requirements
- Team effort for company productivity:
- Observe the rules, policies, and procedures set out in the company’s policy manual.
- Work with the production department to supply effective, creative design ideas for advertisements.
- Increase and contribute feedback at all staff and sales meetings.
- Become familiar with press production to ensure proper product knowledge and to be able to provide good service to clients.
- Interact daily with the advertising coordinator to obtain leads and messages.
- Conduct administrative activities as necessary to properly manage job function:
- Submit all required sales reports (e.g. daily call sheets, weekly reports, monthly reports, monthly ledgers and hit lists etc.) complete and on time.
- Collect monies due for the advertising placed by these clients, closely monitoring clients to prevent their accounts becoming overdue.
- Adhere to all aspects of our sales system, including processing contracts, insertion orders and client production materials, in a timely and complete manner.
- Read the editorial and advertising in each issue immediately after publication.
- Update account information in the account executive client information profiles and client lists.
This description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his or her direct supervision. The position may include certain duties not explicitly described but that are similar in description and level of difficulty.
To apply, contact Associate Publisher Ashley Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 6/4/19
Development Associate, Emerge Center
The Emerge Foundation provides philanthropic support to the Emerge Center and the Emerge School of Autism. The Emerge Center is a non-profit therapy provider for children with communication, behavior and development delays, and the Emerge School for Autism educates students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
The Emerge Foundation seeks a Development Associate to provide hands-on support for a wide range of fundraising activities. The ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. A background interest in marketing/communications and events coordination is preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate would have graphic design skills as well as a working knowledge of databases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with event logistics (e.g., A/V, food/beverage, entertainment, auction, set-up)
- Help with the creation and finalization of guest lists and event invitations, oversee ticket purchasing as well as on-site registration/check-in
- Develop event collateral and online marketing tools
- Support fundraising goals through sponsor and attendee outreach, auction solicitation and raffle ticket sales
- Manage auction item procurement, create bid sheets and displays and direct check-out process
- Provide support to volunteers during fundraising events and with their solicitation activities
- Ensure timely entry of all donations
- Prepare gift acknowledgments
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date contact information for all donors
- Pull appeal and event reports as needed and track metrics on an ongoing basis
Communications and Marketing
- Take pictures of Center and School events and/or collect photos taken by therapy staff
- Develop content and graphics for social media, newsletters, and the Monday Memo
- Create a monthly blog on therapy-related topics
- Continuously update content of the Emerge website, focusing on staff changes general Center announcements and non-fundraising related content
- Track and manage inventory of business collateral pieces and branded promotional items
- Compile binders and materials for Foundation Board meetings
Required skills, knowledge, and qualifications
- Display exceptional time-management and organizational skills needed to meet deadlines
- Show persuasiveness and the ability to procure items needed for fundraising efforts
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor whether in person, over the phone or via email
- Work well alone as well as under direct supervision
- Have experience with Microsoft Office suite, Constant Contact and Canva
- Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Have help internships in a related field or have worked in marketing/communications for at least two years
Work environment requirements
- May be required to occasionally work extended workdays, evenings or weekends
- May need to be on his or her feet for upwards of 8-10 hours per day during events
Essential job functions
- Consistent attendance as a full-time employee
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English via email, phone and in person
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job posted 5/5/19
Communications Coordinator, LA Motor Transport Association
The Louisiana Motor Transport Association is a nonprofit trade organization representing the Louisiana trucking industry since 1939. The LMTA represents carriers of all types and sizes, focusing on the issues that are important all trucking companies. The Association’s vision is to provide an unrivaled membership experience that unifies the trucking industry to achieve an exceptional level of safety and public support for its services. Its mission is to promote and advance the longevity and success of the Louisiana trucking industry.
The LMTA is looking for a full-time communications coordinator to continue carrying out its strategic plan and modernize the industry’s image through social media marketing and more. To apply for the position, please email your resume to Executive Director D. Chance McNeely at firstname.lastname@example.org with JOB APPLICANT in the subject line.
What to Expect:
- You will get the opportunity to network with trucking industry leaders, vendors, and public officials.
- You will gain experience in design, social media marketing, communications, event preparation, HTML code and website design, database systems, working with a mobile app, website analytics, and more. If you want, you can also drive a truck.
- You will be joining a small staff with a large membership which will allow you to work as a team to accomplish the Association’s goals.
- You will attend all LMTA events throughout the year: Winter Management Summit, Truck Driving Championships, Truck Day at the Capitol, Safety and Compliance Seminars, Seafood Gala, Annual Convention and Transportation Conference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send out emails to membership and news media which include press releases and/or event reminders via Constant Contact.
- Update/create registration forms for www.lmta.la for upcoming events/membership opportunities/sponsorship opportunities/advertising opportunities
- Update Facebook, Instagram and Twitter profiles daily with photos of events, posts about trucking industry issues/successes, etc...
- Use the GoMembers database to assist the member services administrator with maintaining member activities and orders•
- Create ads and flyers (print & digital) to promote events, legislative bills, app downloads, website visits, etc.
- Use Feathr to track website analytics and retarget website visitors with ads for a call to action
- Use Facebook Ads Manager to create social media ads to attract website clicks or some other marketing goal
- Design, edit, and ultimately complete each LMTA quarterly magazine: Open Road
- Communicate with membership development manager on advertisement purchases from members
- Collaborate with magazine printing company to print and mail out magazines to a mailing list
- Design, edit and ultimately complete each LMTA annual Membership Directory.
- Create ads and flyers using InDesign or preferred program• Membership Relations
- Send emails and welcome packets to new members as they come and update information in the database
- interview Member Spotlight recipients for Open Road Magazine
- Assist members and potential/nonmembers in registering for events when needed
- Event Preparation
- Assist contract events consultant in preparing programs, sponsorship signs, etc... for upcoming events
- Administrative Support
- Provide basic administrative support to office staff as needed.
Ideal Candidate Skills
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Social media marketing experience and working knowledge of social media
- Political acumen
- Experience in Adobe InDesign or some similar design program for basic marketing flyers and advertisements
- Ability to build videos and animate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Some experience in using HTML code for website modifications
- Ability to take on tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of AP style writing for press releases
- Basic knowledge of photography
Job posted 5/6/19
Membership & Communications Assistants/Leaders, Center for Planning Excellence
The Center for Planning Excellence seeks to hire at least two new team members to assist and/or lead their membership and communications functions. The types of skills, qualities and experience they are looking for are listed below, but they do not expect any one applicant to possess all of these attributes. Above all, they are seeking smart, driven, problem solvers who know how to connect with all kinds of people and are committed to making Louisiana a better place. Successful applicants will share CPEX’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of their work. They are open to early- and mid-career applicants. Positions will be based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Titles and salary will be based on skills and experience. CPEX actively subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity employment.
Required skills and qualities:
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Integrity and strong sense of ethics
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented
- Ability to drive results
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships with diverse entities
- Strong verbal, written, and online communication skills
- Comfortable asking for resources
- Ability to absorb technical information and translate into common language
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and partners
- Willing and able to innovate, experiment, take calculated risks, and stay abreast of change in your field
- Drive to learn and grow as a person and a professional
- Self-awareness and high emotional intelligence
Desired skills and qualities:
- Articulate and persuasive
- Strong sense of community
- Ability to develop talking points, boilerplate emails, project pitches, and other written and spoken communications used by all CPEX staff
- Ability to build and manage media relations
- Ability to think strategically about communications and membership, maximize opportunities to engage target audiences, and ensure that messaging is consistent across platforms and programs
- Donor engagement and cultivation, including member visits and events
- Event planning and execution
- Campaign development
- Fundraising, including annual campaigns, proposal and grant writing, sponsorships and client relations
- Ability to create/manage development of marketing and fund development collateral
- Ability/willingness to learn how to assist with community outreach and engagement efforts
- Manage staff and board involvement in membership development process
To apply, submit resumes and letters of interest to Kendall Keating at email@example.com.
About the Center for Planning Excellence
The Center for Planning Excellence champions the power of good planning to build healthy, sustainable communities throughout Louisiana through our work as policy advocates, educators, and planning experts.
Over the past twenty years, the CPEX team has been building a movement dedicated to engaging communities, leaders, and institutions in developing the solutions we need to ensure that Louisiana is a place where our people, culture, environment, and economy can thrive.
Our team of landscape architects, environmental scientists, policy experts and land use planners are passionate about making our communities safer, healthier, resilient and equitable. CPEX builds partnerships, capacity, and plans that provide inclusive, comprehensive approaches to some of the most pressing issues our state faces: climate change impacts; growing flood risk; and social, economic, racial and health disparities. We are working to create policy environments that facilitate climate change mitigation and adaptation, healthy community design, and smart growth. CPEX works hand-in-hand with communities across the state to implement solutions such as bike lanes, sidewalks, public parks, accessible transit, equitable and sustainable land use, and green infrastructure. Our team works with state and local leaders, nonprofit partners, international thought leaders and Louisiana communities to create a vision for the future and strategies for achieving that vision.
CPEX offers a competitive benefits package and a flexible, dynamic work environment. Our team is fun, talented, and friendly and we share in one another’s successes and challenges. CPEX is committed to supporting health, well-being, and work-life balance for all of its employees.
We love our work; we love our communities; and we want to meet some amazing, talented people interested in joining our team.
Job posted 4/15/19
Director, Marketing and Communications, Capital Area United Way
As a member of the Marketing and Communications Team, the Director, Marketing and Communications, proactively, strategically, and creatively advances Capital Area United Way’s visibility, reputation, and relevance with multiple constituencies. Broadens United Way’s reach, deepens engagement, and inspires the public and community to give, advocate, and volunteer. Develops, integrates, and implements a broad range portfolio of communications, public relations, media, and community engagement tools and practices to be used in the fight for the health, education, income stability and basic needs of every person in every community in the 10-parish region.
Essential Job Functions
Through employee’s own efforts or through the delegation of efforts to key staff:
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of overall donor communication messaging and strategy as well as all marketing materials.
- Serve as direct marketing lead, including production of materials, strategy and tracking.
- Manage CAUW Website, including creating and managing all content and analyzing site data to track and improve content reach.
- Mange organizational social media presence including creating and managing content across multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog to engage with donors, identify donors with passions, and ultimately connect them to opportunities to give back via CAUW).
- Analyze social media platform data to track and improve content reach.
- Develop and execute regular electronic communications to network of eNews subscribers.
- Develop annual PR and advertising plan. Analyze and report out on communication, advertising and PR effectiveness. Ensure advertisement messaging includes a call to action. Duties include but are not limited to: writhing press releases related to events and assigned projects, writing opinion-editorial pieces where appropriate, event scripts, talking points, etc.
- Marketing and Events:
- Create and manage all CAUW print and digital collateral.
- Develop and sustain successful relationships with sponsors.
- Take the lead in developing stories about CAUW issues and donors for effective use in marketing materials.
- Direct and collaborate (with CAUW staff) to create and execute major CAUW Events including Jambalaya Jam, volunteer events and other donor events. This includes developing and executing plans and strategies for continual improvement of CAUW events, obtaining event sponsors, developing event programming, overseeing production of visuals (including video), communicating with media, coordinating invitation and thank you process, and proactively managing volunteers and staff before, during, and after events.
- Oversee overall sponsorship strategy for organization
- Perform fiscal responsibilities to ensure smooth fiscal operation and create and manage assigned budgets in a timely and effective manner.
- Create and maintain manuals on standard operation procedures for all events and other job functions.
Additional Job Functions:
- Fully participate as an integral part of the larger United Way team by promoting a positive work environment, creating a positive organizational image, being a helpful teammate, and articulating our work in a clear and focused manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relationship Building – Understand that people come before process and are astute in cultivation and managing relationship toward a common goal. Effectively communicates, treats others with respect and dignity, actively listens and facilitates diverse input and contributions, embraces conflict and can successfully navigate the conversation to describe the organization's interests and find appropriate solutions.
- Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior – Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization’s strategic plans and annual goals. Demonstrates a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact of actions, promotes innovation and is willing to take risks, develops relationships to drive resources and results and has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on the business model, holds self and team members accountability of achieving results, motivates others to translate ideas into actions.
- Mission-focused – Top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. Demonstrates the ability to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspirations to needs; strives to achieve shared goals, separates one’s own interest from organizational interest in order to make the best possible judgments for the organization.
- Brand Steward – Understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater UWW network and local United Way. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (person, market, societal), internalizes the meaning and commitment of UW and consistently acts according to its value and purpose. Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders, identifies underlying issues that impact negatively on people and takes appropriate action to rectify the issues.
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Mass Communication
- Five years of relevant work experience in the marketing field with demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
- Demonstrated track record of positioning an organization to achieve measurable outcomes in a competitive communications environment.
- Excellent promotional skills, excellent communications skills, and extensive writing and editing experience and skills with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Ability to produce high quality, persuasive written materials suitable for general public understanding, requiring minimal revision.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects including meeting tight deadlines.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to identify opportunities to partner with small and large businesses for mutual benefit through sponsorships, cause marketing and employee engagement.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated use of social media to engage and deepen relationships with the media and public.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be used.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A strong foundation in desktop publishing skills and design basics very desirable.
- Three to five years of United Way experience.
Send resumes to Laura Daigle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Associate, United Methodist Church LA Conference
The Louisiana Annual Conference is composed of 486 United Methodist Churches in the state of Louisiana, all serving inside six geographical districts and under the leadership of Bishop Cynthia Fierro Harvey. The Communications Department of the Louisiana Annual Conference exists to communicate the various ministry stories and events inside the Conference. This communication comes in the form of written stories, produced videos and podcasts. These stories are delivered via two primary channels: social media and electronic mailings.
The Communications Department of the Louisiana Annual Conference is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This FULL-TIME position (with benefits) is an excellent opportunity to experience dynamic storytelling and, at the same time, experience various aspects of marketing from a ministry/nonprofit backdrop.
- Assist in the development of content and strategy (with Director of Communications) for all social channels of the Louisiana Conference (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) – including maintaining monthly, quarterly and annual social metrics.
- Assist (with the Director of Communications) on video shoots (brainstorming, storyboarding, scripting, pre-interview and interview processes, editing and final production)
- Assist with desktop publishing and web entry for web site
- Work with representatives of the Conference Office to assess communications needs
- Maintain Louisiana Conference external calendar
- Assist with Facebook/YouTube LIVE events; maintain photography/video studio
- Create posters and graphics for Conference events
- Alongside the Director of Communications, develop and maintain an overall brand and communications strategy for the Louisiana Conference – including owned/paid/shared/earned strategies as well as crisis communications planning
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Experience in a related field with related experience, (e.g., Marketing/Communications, Public Relations)
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Desire to learn web publishing
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the church and a desire to strengthen the churches we serve
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
With questions, contact Todd Rossnagel, 527 North Blvd. Baton Rouge LA 70802, 225-241-5686
Job posted 3/28/19
Administrative Assistant, ABC Pelican Chapter
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and secretarial support for ABC Pelican Chapter and be a friendly face or voice for our members and guests. The Administrative Assistant will be the first face seen by members and guests as they enter the ABC Pelican administrative office and will need to maintain a high level of positivity when greeting guests in person or over the phone. This position will be required to maintain an understanding of all departments of ABC in order to easily answer questions or direct to the appropriate staff member to address. The ideal candidate for this role has excellent organizational skills and maintains a high level of honesty and integrity. This role will require the ability to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Should be both internal and external customer service driven
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Professional appearance in accordance with company employee manual
- Ability to maintain a spirit of cooperation and team play and work with Director of Administration or Chapter President in the event of a scheduling conflict or other problem
- Organizational skills, including demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Must be professional and have strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and generic database and financial software
Manage Master Calendar
- Room booking
- Office closures etc.
Front Desk operations
- Answer phones, welcome guests, data input etc.
- Check main line voicemail daily and distribute messages accordingly
- Check/distribute mail
- Maintain understanding of Training Center operations including office hours, class scheduling, contacts etc.
General administrative support
- Compose written correspondence, copying, faxing, scanning, emailing and preparation of outgoing mail
- Order office supplies
- Keep kitchen in order
- Keep conference rooms in order
- Order food as needed for office meetings
Assist Directors as needed
- Provide support in preparation of internal and external reports and presentations including summary reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with communications needs, especially social media & marketing
- Maintain understanding of properly registering members for events
- Assist staff with membership database, miscellaneous data entry and record keeping requirements
Update electronic outdoor sign
- Per communications plan provided by Director of Communications, keep outdoor sign up to date
- Book Travel arrangements for President and Directors as needed
- Book Travel arrangements for LSU CM Team – National Competition
- Organize Itineraries as needed
Maintain full understanding of ABC commitment to free enterprise and merit shop philosophy Other duties as needed
Additional job info
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k plan
- Additional benefit details provided upon request
To apply or ask questions about the position, contact Katie Routh, Director of Administration for the Pelican Chapter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 3/18/19
Performance Auditor, Louisiana Legislative Auditor's Office
Are you interested in improving state government? Are you naturally inquisitive and enjoy learning? The Louisiana Legislative Auditor's office (LLA) is seeking inquisitive and adaptable individuals with strong critical thinking and communication skills from a variety of educational backgrounds who are passionate about improving Louisiana.
LLA offers employees a variety of benefits, including retirement benefits; health, vision, and dental insurance; and annual and sick leave. Employees also receive extensive training and opportunities for professional development.
Performance auditors develop audit objectives to address important issues affecting Louisiana government, such as program effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with state laws and regulations. Staff auditors work as part of a diverse team to gain an understanding of government programs and processes, interview agency staff, research best practices, and analyze data sets to evaluate how well a program is functioning. Auditors will create accurate, well-documented working papers and draw overall conclusions based on collected evidence. Teams then draft clear and concise reports, outlining issues identified and make meaningful recommendations for program improvement.
Ideal candidates are flexible to changing audits and teams, creatively and critically approach audit questions, and communicate clearly in writing and orally. Audit teams and topics change regularly, so ideal candidates should also be adaptable to changing environments and enjoy learning about a variety of topics. Candidates should also be able to think about issues analytically and creatively to evaluate programs and generate conclusions.
Examples of Work
- Helps formulate audit questions and topics that address issues that are important to the legislature.
- Develops a general understanding of government, the legislative process, and current governmental issues.
- Gathers, reviews, and documents general agency information to obtain an understanding of the audited agency’s role and responsibilities, budget and staffing resources, and organizational structure.
- Collects and analyzes data to measure program impact, effectiveness, and efficiency, as well as compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares accurate and complete working papers documenting the results of assigned audit tasks.
- Develops proficiency in the most commonly used performance audit software.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports.
- Develops an understanding of and complies with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develops proficiency in oral and written communications.
- May assist in certain other tasks assigned such as preparing and presenting training, maintaining audit manuals, and completing other projects as required.
- A baccalaureate degree plus one of the following:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in such fields as accounting, business administration, communications, computer science, economics, finance, government, law, management, political science, public administration, psychology, sociology, and other qualitative or quantitative analysis and research fields.
- Certification as a certified public accountant or certification as a certified internal auditor.
To apply, visit www.llajobs.com and upload:
- your resume
- a cover letter describing why you would like to work as a performance auditor and how your education and experience make you a good fit for the position
- college transcripts
Job posted 3/15/19
Public Relations Coordinator, Alzheimer's Services of the Capital Area
Alzheimer's Services of the Capital Region is seeking a full time professional to coordinate the public relations efforts of the organization. This role promotes the organization's education and support programs. The position will assist in the logistical planning, data collection, and implementation of the cultivation of donors. The position will work in heavily in public relations while assisting with the organization’s donor, constituent, and volunteer database.
- press releases
- experience in website content management
- graphic design of publications
- social media
- external communications
- proficient in MS Office, Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- familiarity with Wordpress and website content management
- some graphic design capability
- have multi-tasking ability
- be able to meet deadlines
- have great writing skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience Public Relations experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00/year
Job posted 3/14/19
Events and Design Specialist, Visit Baton Rouge
Visit Baton Rouge is seeking a candidate with heavy graphic design skills in conceptualizing, designing and producing on-brand pieces for Visit Baton Rouge staff and the Baton Rouge Film Commission. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of special events and event marketing projects for Visit Baton Rouge.
- Provide creative and graphic design support to Visit Baton Rouge staff relating to the production of promotional and marketing materials including but not limited to invitations, flyers, posters, banners, compilation of bid books, resizing advertisements, etc.
- Provide logistical support in the development and execution of Visit Baton Rouge’s projects and special events to include; assist with all aspects of production and organization of events and projects, assist staff with the development and branding of events which may include securing and scheduling of venues, vendors, caterers, shuttles, and entertainment.
- Provides graphic and logistic support for the Baton Rouge Film Commission to include graphics, photography, script reading and site tours. Social media management as well as design and content for filmbatonrouge.com will be required.
- College degree or equivalent relevant experience in related field
- Strong graphic design experience – proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be very flexible and possess the ability to multi-task and meet set deadlines
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Job posted 1/30/19
Legislative Analyst, LA House of Representatives Fiscal Division
The Louisiana House of Representatives’ Fiscal Division is seeking staff for two vacant positions.
The responsibilities of the positions include:
- legislative research
- drafting in fiscal matters related to the appropriation and expenditure of state funds, state taxes, raising of revenues, bonds, the comprehensive state capital budget and other matters under the jurisdiction of the Appropriations and Ways and Means committees.
These positions staff the House Appropriations Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee.
Qualified candidates should be recent graduates or students graduating in December 2018. Preference for students with experience writing for the Manship News Service or other similar writing and communication experience.
For more information or to apply, contact Chris Keaton, Deputy Director of the Louisiana House of Representatives’ Fiscal Division at KeatonC@legis.la.gov.