Pelican State CU’s award-winning Marketing Team is looking for a Marketing Intern
to join the family! They are seeking a college student or recent graduate. This part-time,
paid internship is adaptable to your schedule during our normal business hours, Monday
The Marketing Intern will work under supervision to support the credit union’s marketing and communication activities. Regular job duties may include but are not limited to monitoring digital advertising campaigns, gathering information for blog posts, assisting with social media, helping with product and service campaigns, attending events and tracking data.
Qualified candidates interested in being part of this fast-paced team will be asked to submit a writing sample.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with blog posts from conception to release as assigned.
- Assist with social media content and calendar as well as other types of visual storytelling.
- Help promote Pelican products, services, promotions and events.
- Assist with setting up, monitoring and reporting on digital advertising campaigns across multiple channels, including but not limited to Google, YouTube and Facebook.
- Perform light SEO duties as needed.
- Assist marketing department with planning and execution of community events and special projects.
- Assist in driving sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
- Support marketing team and branches in meeting goals and deadlines.
- Brainstorm new and creative marketing strategies to help further growth of the credit union’s brand.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent, above average writing skills.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data related to position.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of effective traditional and digital marketing.
- Basic understanding of WordPress or other CMS preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Training and Experience:
- Degree or pursuit of bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, Communications, Journalism, Advertising or related field.
- Previous employment experience preferred.
As a full-time Pelican employee, you are eligible for tons of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a tuition reimbursement program. On top of all of this you get:• 14 Paid holidays• 401K with 5% company contribution and up to 5% employer match• Vacation cash-ins• Unlimited coffee…and more!
LouisianaPreps.com Sports Media Part-Time Job
LouisianaPreps.com is looking for hard-working, dedicated students for its non-paid job program. The successful candidates must be goal-oriented and self-motivated, eager to learn and take leadership roles, demonstrate an interest in sports communications and marketing and must possess a desire to exceed already high expectations.
- Reporting Interns
- Recruiting Interns
- Photographer Interns
- Editing/Content Interns
- Scores/Content Interns
- Social Media Interns
- Real-life business experience
- Hands-on assignments
- Resume builder
- Sports Media experience
- Showcasing creativity
- Professional growth
- Strengthen teamwork and organizational skills
This internship is a non-paid internship. All interested must be available to work weekends and nights during sports seasons and must have reliable transportation. All interns will be assigned to respective regions. To learn more about how to apply, log on to www.LouisianaPreps.com/internship.
Public Policy Governor's Fellow
The Governor’s Fellows Program in Louisiana Government is an opportunity for college and university students to experience public policy in action, learn the rich history and current affairs of Louisiana government, and earn three hours of academic credit. Each Fellow will be assigned to a cabinet-level agency in Baton Rouge and collaborate with agency leaders on existing projects, observing firsthand the Governor’s leadership strategies, learning how state policies are developed and advanced within the context of economic drivers and social and geopolitical concerns. Fellows will also participate in a weekly speaker series and field trips designed to enhance their overall experience and understanding of Louisiana government and current affairs.
Benefits: Student housing on LSU’s campus in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (participants are encouraged to stay on campus); Three hours of course credit offered through Louisiana State University’s Public Administration Institute; Up to a $1,500 stipend for additional expenses
- Must attend a Louisiana institution and or be Louisiana resident if enrolled in out-of-state
Undergraduates who have completed sophomore year; Graduate students who have completed at least one year of their degree program (e.g., MPA, JD, MSW, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in a public degree-granting institution in Louisiana; or, a Louisiana resident enrolled in an out of state public degree-granting institution
- Good academic standing with an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to public service, volunteerism and political involvement
- Ethical standards, including professional discretion and adherence to confidentialities
- Strong commitment to personal growth, good government and nonpartisanship
Application and Interview Procedures:
Interested applicants must complete an application at www.louisiana.gov/fellows and attach the following documents:
Complete resume including education and employment history
Letter of professional recommendation from a professor or supervisor
Letter of personal recommendation - not from a family member
Two page maximum essay focusing on a specific policy issue, cabinet position or community program within the Governor’s Office. Your statement should outline the significance of being chosen as a Fellow and what you envision the Fellowship meaning to your educational and professional goals. To the best extent possible, Fellows will be placed within their area of focus.
Fellows Program Timeline:
May 7, 2018 Application Deadline
May 14, 2018 Notifiy Chosen Fellows
May 30, 2018 Orientation
August 3, 2018 Graduation
Part-time Graphic Designer, Trace Security
TraceSecurity is a leading provider of cybersecurity and compliance solutions to help organizations of all sizes reduce the risk of cyber breaches and demonstrate compliance. TraceSecurity’s suite of information security services includes IT risk assessments and audits, social engineering, penetration testing, and security training.
The part-time graphic designer will create marketing assets in line with current brand standards.These include marketing collateral, social media design, web graphics and more.
- Create effective Marketing Collateral (datasheets, flyers, etc.) to communicate our core brand message to customers and prospects
- Create digital collateral, including e-mail templates, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Assist with Graphic Design for Marketing Campaigns and Product Launches
- Create digital content that can be posted across platforms, including social media
- Assist in ensuring that the website has consistent, clean look
- Attend meetings where applicable
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a college degree in Graphic Design, Art, or other Design Field; Or related industry experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design Experience a plus
- A Portfolio with relevant work examples is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work between 24-29 hours a week between 8:00am – 5:00pm during the summer; up to 20 hours fall and spring semesters.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to be creative, think outside the box, and work independently
Please send your resume to Marissa Adams, Marketing & Events Specialist, email@example.com.
Part-Time Communications/Development Assistant, CPEX
The Communications assistant proactively provides communications, research, and administrative support to Directors of Development and Communications (and other CPEX staff), independently handling all assigned communications, research, and administrative duties.
Recommended: 1-2 years completed in bachelor’s degree program
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) • G-Suite Google Platforms (Mail, Drive, Calendar, etc.) • Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to interact with internal/external partners
- Researching skills
- Confident interpersonal skills to serve as first-outreach for communications requests
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
The ideal candidate would also be familiar with:
- Web-based marketing tools (MailChimp, Squarespace)
- Print production troubleshooting (Packaging files for print, etc.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Directors of Development and Communications in the planning and execution of the November 2018 Louisiana Smart Growth Summit (the annual statewide planning conference hosted by CPEX) o Coordinate speakers, sponsors, vendors, press contacts, etc.
- Work with CPEX partners to effectively promote the Summit
- Help with “days-of” event management, including volunteer recruitment and coordination (November 13-14)
- Supporting ongoing Communications activities for the CPEX brand as well as client projects, such as: o Media research, outreach, and tracking
- Developing written and graphic content for web and social media
- Regularly updating web and social media platforms; tracking and analyzing web and social traffic and metrics
- Researching topics and drafting content for biweekly email newsletter and other email communications
- Drafting and updating print marketing and fund development collateral materials
- Assist the Director of Development with activities pertaining to the annual membership (donor) campaign, including updating contact database and mailing list maintenance, planning for email and direct mail fundraising campaigns, etc.
- Correspondence: Manage and ensure appropriate and timely follow-up on internal and external requests for information or action dealing with communications.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Making calls on behalf of staff regarding meetings and events
- Assisting with answering phones, sending out staff meeting agendas, checking the mail and other administrative duties when needed
- Scheduling meetings and reserving conference rooms, sometimes arranging for catering
- Making copies, scanning and faxing documents for staff
- Attending meetings with staff, preparing/gathering materials for meetings, taking notes and photo-documenting when needed
CPEX is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring people, culture, and community planning together to make great communities happen. Before applying, please learn more at www.cpex.org.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer David at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4. Duration: May/June through December (flexible).
Summer Communication Assitant, Arts Council of Northeast Louisiana—Monroe
The Arts Council of Northeast Louisiana is accepting applications for a student to assist the community development coordinator with the creation of website and social media content. Applicants should have strong writing skills, creative expression, and a passion for the mission of the Arts Council. The position is remote but will meet weekly with the community development coordinator for updates. Applicants may send their resumé and up to three writing samples to Danielle Kelley Tolbird at email@example.com.
- Writes assigned blogs and feature stories for the www.nelaarts.org
- Assists in website management
- Creates content for the Arts Council social media pages, e-newsletter, and annual report
- Meets with community development coordinator to plan targeted messages and content calendar
- Assists with planning and implementing various Arts Council campaigns
- Distributes mailouts
- Other duties as assigned. For coverage of events/performances (free access) and interviews with artists, a mileage stipend will be paid.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong writing skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly with various audiences via email, phone, and face-to-face
- Creativity and vision
- Flexibility in schedule to meet with artists, musicians, educators, and others for interviews
- Enrollment in a communication, journalism, public relations, or marketing program at a four-year university
- Passion for the arts in northeast Louisiana
- Design and/or photography skills a plus
Part-Time Communications Specialist, Murphy Law Firm
The Murphy Law firm seeks a student knowledgeable in social media marketing, including search engine optimization, blog writing and posting, running campaign ads on Facebook, geofencing and coordinating and tracking community development campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a student knowledgeable in graphic design, including photoshop, web design and illustrator.
To apply, please send resume to: Jennifer Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Communication Intern, LSU's Student Success Office
LSU Student Success seeks an assistant for its marketing and communication team.
Student Success marketing and communication team-- headquartered in Johnston Hall.
The communication assistant will work on various projects within the team including, but not limited to:
- Content creation for Student Success and CAS websites and social media accounts.
- Coordinating with graphic designers for print and digital collateral.
- Working on news releases and other publications.
- Collaborating with the Student Success and CAS teams to ensure effective external communication.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Lexi Verret at email@example.com.
Part-Time Content Creation, CLB Consulting
CLB Consulting – an independent marketing and PR consultant working with hospitality, fitness and
retail brands throughout Baton Rouge – seeks a student intern who will be instrumental to the
growth and expansion of the business.
- Content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
- Social media management and monitoring
- Public relations
- Assistance in website updates on Squarespace, WordPress and/or Shopify
- Email marketing (MailChimp)
- Graphic design
- Event planning/assistance
- Available to work 15-20 hours/week
- Have basic-to-working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Possess strong writing skills
- Have the ability to speak to diverse audiences
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn with a young, growing company
- Have previous experience with social media community development
- Be creative, fun and a good team player
- Have discipline to work remotely and abide by deadlines
To apply, please send résumé and any relevant work history/samples to Chelsey Laborde Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Assistant, Empire Trading
Empire Trading, a local real estate investment company, seeks a student worker to assist our Office Manager with creating social media posts about our various flip/sell houses, rental properties, and general company events. The student will learn the business of what it takes to buy, repair, and sell/rent a distressed property for a profit. This will be done remotely. Pays $10.00 per hour.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 225-721-7111 or 225-627-FLIP
Marketing Intern, Availl
Aviall has an exciting position for a Marketing Intern at our Corporate Headquarters located in Dallas,TX. Aviall is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to assist the Corporate Marketing team with internal and external communications, media relations, event management, and government affairs activities. Additionally this internship provides the opportunity to build relationships and develop business acumen through networking with other Aviall interns across the enterprise and interaction with various Aviall leaders.
The expected starting date for this position is May 14, 2018.
- Aid in internal branding program including print and electronic projects.
- Research and write articles for staff newsletter to advance corporate culture and information processes.
- Successfully integrate social mediums into earned media strategy for search engine optimization program.
- Monitor industry trends and news to better position Aviall for media pick-up within the aviation and defense industries.
- Gain a general understanding of the aviation industry through on-site training and industry research.
- Research, monitor and report state aviation-related legislative policies.
- Aid in execution of grassroots program that promotes the use of Aviall products.
- Support lobbying efforts and advocacy activities.
- Coordinate statewide staff social outing and meetings in accordance with provided budget outline.
- Assist with company ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking ceremonies.
- Completes assigned project(s) and develop executive level presentation to deliver to senior leaders.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, learning modules and/or supporting documentation.
- Completed the first semester of Junior Year or first semester of Master’s program by May 14, 2018
- Actively pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field of study.
- Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to conduct in-depth industry research, define market trends, and interpret financial data.
- Solid understanding of business market analysis, financial acumen, and marketing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in making presentations and communicating ideas and plans to management.
- Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Some College Coursework Completed
Apply for this position here: https://aviall.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/12274.
Legislative Aide, Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office
The Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office seeks legislative aide at the Louisiana State Capitol. This is a part time job; pay starts at $9.50 an hour. Applications will be accepted as soon as possible with the preferred start date for employment in April. Duties include monitoring floor proceedings and committee hearings of the Legislature, assisting Jefferson Parish delegation members (senators and representatives) in their service representing the parish, obtaining and providing information regarding state funding for local entities, and organizing events/meetings for the delegation.
This is a year-round position.
**Freshmen and sophomores will receive preference, but all applications will be considered.
If you have any questions, or wish to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Part-Time Graphic Designer, The Capital Region Builders Association
The Capital Region Builders Association (CRBA) is a not-for-profit, member-driven
association that strives to protect the American Dream of housing opportunities for
all, while working to achieve professional success for its members who build communities,
create jobs and strengthen the economy. CRBA’s membership includes more than 1,000
builders and partnering organizations that provide products or services to the building
Job Description: The graphic designer will serve as the main source for all creative content that will be distributed on CRBA’s behalf. The individual is responsible for assisting the communications coordinator, social media coordinator and director of marketing to ensure all designs directly correlate with how CRBA wants to promote its goals as an organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Work with team members to structure, format and design compelling, meaningful work that can be distributed in both traditional and digital media channels.
- Develop visual assets in a variety of formats for client projects including, but not
- Printed materials such as posters, flyers, brochures and other handouts
- Brand identity
- Website and landing pages
- Email and e-newsletter templates
- Document templates
- Social media ads and other digital marketing publications
- Maintain ability to balance both a high standard of quality and speed in productivity
- Bring new and fresh ideas that will help engage the community and the organization’s members to a higher extent
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other design software independently and efficiently
- Able to receive creative feedback from other team members with ease and sustain a desire to learn and improve work
- Develop cohesive designs while consulting with our marketing and communications team
The Person: The ideal candidate is responsible and dedicated to CRBA and its members. The person should be knowledgeable about CRBA and what it offers to its members. In addition, he or she should be familiar with the regional building climate and should listen to the requests made by others, offering solutions or recommendations tailored to their needs. The graphic designer should provide superb customer service to all and should strive to meet the highest of standards.
The graphic designer creates work that is engaging to CRBA’s members and the community. It is crucial that the individual is able to multitask and produce work in a timely manner.
Other skills that an graphic designer should have include:
- Leadership: Must demonstrate the ability to overcome barriers and transcend office politics to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Relationship building: Must have the ability to meet and exceed staff and members’ expectations and provide the services they need.
- Prioritization: Must be able to multitask without getting stressed or overwhelmed. Must be highly adaptable to respond to the changing needs of the organization while staying up-to-date with company policies.
- Problem solving: Must readily solve a wide variety of problems to the satisfaction of staff and members.
To apply for this position, contact Mary@capitalregionba.com.
ARPR Awesome Intern, New Orleans
ARPR is seeking a paid intern who is committed to doing their best work each and every
day. They need a go-getter who is excited to learn, has a passion for social media
engagement and wants to get his/her feet wet with content marketing on industry topics.
They're looking for someone who likes getting nerdy by learning the ins and outs of
systems like Cision, Wordpress, Sprout Social, Google Analytics and a host of other
geeky tools. In short, they’re looking for a rock star who wants to help write the
next chapter in the mass comm textbook.
ARPR’S AWESOME INTERN
- Is dependable, super adaptable, has a great attitude – an all-around team player
- Is a self-starter and excited to learn new things every day
- Is a research hound and avid problem-solver; she/he enjoys finding solutions to challenges or coming up with ways to makes existing processes easier
- Has a knack for serving and supporting others (can be customers, classmates, etc.)
- Keeps things organized, prioritized and on time (meets deadlines)
- Communicates with superiors and teammates early and often, and takes, learns, and implements feedback like a champ
- #DreamsBig: Confident in taking on new challenges and seeks to grow (and advance)
- Has a background in PR, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Has experience using Microsoft Office
- Currently active on and passionate about the most popular social media networks including LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook
- Prior experience with WordPress and/or Hubspot is a plus
- You’re an integral member of the reporting team, and you’ll be helping compile monthly
reports for clients. You’ll learn a lot about digital marketing ROI along the way.
- You’ll get to support clients behind-the-scenes by researching media lists, strategically
scheduling social media content, etc.
- You’ll be one of the primary social media gurus. You’ll write, schedule and monitor
progress on social content via LinkedIn, Google+ Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and
Facebook for ARPR. They'll want to hear your personal recommendations for making
ongoing improvements as well!
- You’ll think of creative ways to engage with ARPR’s social followers and you’ll be
and engaging on behalf of the agency on social media networks in real-time.
- You’ll draft, format, execute and promote ARPR’s marketing emails, agency e-newsletters
and agency blog content.
- You’ll take on more and more responsibilities that meet your interests and bring value to the agency as you grow– be ready to take on new and exciting challenges! Bottom line, ARPR's intern is responsible for making sure that ARPR’s #AgencyLife runs smoothly. Internships at ARPR are considered a practice run for future account coordinator roles (just ask the folks ARPR has promoted in the past!) – they want talent to grow.
Agency life at ARPR is fast-paced and exciting. If you’re looking for an opportunity to hustle, share your creativity and be a part of an amazing team, and you’ve got what it takes, give them a shout – our Army of Awesome is interested in getting to know you! Send your resume and cover letter (be creative) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Design/Social Media Marketing Intern, STUN Design
STUN Design & Interactive is seeking an Graphic Design/Social Media Marketing Intern for the Summer of 2018. The position will start in May and go through August. This internship is unpaid but has the possibility of developing into a part-time position, after August.
Responsibilities Include: designing and assisting in implementing in-house social media marketing graphics and campaign, creating original content and scheduling for in-house marketing, as well as learning social media analytics, implementation of campaigns and developing client relations.
Skills & Knowledge Desired:
Proficient in Adobe Suite including InDesign and Photoshop.
Familiar with social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Good time management skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to work as a team player in a creative-based work environment.
STUN Design & Interactive for over 14 years has focused on developing quality design in print and digital and strives for innovation with all projects. To apply for the position send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Hall & Arena
Hall & Arena, a sports history website, is looking for students passionate about sports writing for an unpaid opportunity. One student from each SEC school will write publishable articles for the website. Individuals will work remotely.
Start date: June 1
- Write articles about on-campus sports
- Make contact with campus Communications Department
- Help maintain Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages:
- Build audience, share photos
- Develop writing schedule
Advising: Students will learn from editors on the importance of good writing. Hall & Arena believes there is a big difference between a reporter and a writer.
Pay: This is an unpaid position; however, candidates will be evaluated at the end of the summer to determine if they will move into a paid position.
To apply, please send an e-mail with resume and cover letter to:
Blanton Media Group
Student Legal Assistant
Attorney Charles Moore (Moore and Hebert) seeks a motivated and curious student who is a good writer with proficient computer skills to help him create stories of some of his cases.
The job: he will explain the case and what he is looking for. For example: the case of a woman who has had several brain surgeries since her accident; her deposition has been taken; we have photos of what she went through.
The student will write her story, starting with accident, what it did to her and what she has gone through since.
Graphics may need to be part of the story, including photos, videos, charts, diagrams, excerpts from medical records, etc.
The job will be on a project basis, not necessarily with set hours although we might have to make it as such. Work can be done in his office, or not necessarily.
Benefit to student: learn investigative, writing and presentation skills, and be involved in a real life event.
With the client’s permission, the student might be able to use some of the work for a magazine article, class paper, newspaper article, depending on the assignment.
Salary will be $12 per hour.
For more information and/or to apply, please email Moore@moorehebert.com
Social Media Specialist, The Louisiana Press Association
The Louisiana Press Association, a trade group of newspapers in the state, seeks student
for social media part-time job immediately:
Social Media Specialist - Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities for the Louisiana Press Association site and other affiliated sites: Specialist will create and manage published content (images, video and written). Duties will include monitor and respond to users in a “social” way while working to increase engagement, this will include review of analytics and developing strategy for optimization. Specialist will also assist in developing content for advertising clients.
Compensation is $10.00 per hour. 8 -10 hours per week. Work can be conducted in and out of office. Time sheet is required.
Send your resume and a note on your qualifications to Erin Palmintier and firstname.lastname@example.org.