Part-Time Digital Marketing Position, Cazayoux Creative
Cazayoux Creative is a copywriting and content creation company that helps brands bring their stories to life through high-quality writing and online marketing.
The part-time digital marketer will pimarily responsible for assisting with client social media accounts and gathering analytics on social media, paid advertisements, emails, website traffic, etc. The ideal candidate will stay on top of new trends in the digital marketing space and help make client-specific strategic suggestions for growing their businesses.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Social Media – assist in clients’ and company’s social media accounts, from strategy to daily posting. This also includes managing paid advertisements on these social platforms.
- Performance & Reporting – collect and report analytics on social media, paid advertisements, emails, website traffic, etc.
- Writing – assist in reviewing and editing copy. May also have the opportunity to write original copy for projects.
- Proficient computer skills, experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and able to self-manage.
- Aptitude for writing and social media.
- Must own a laptop.
- At least 2 years in college toward a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations or similar fields.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Selected candidate will spend one to two days a week or majority of their time working with the account executive and CEO at the Baton Rouge office location. 20 hours per week
- Additional hours may be worked remotely
- Must have schedule flexibility as some weekend work will be necessary when we have specific events or need social media posts to go out on weekends.
- After 3 months, the internship will be reviewed and may either end, extend or develop into a full time position.
Compensation is $9/hr.
To apply please fill out our www.form.jotform.com/80435717417155.
Send any question to Kylee at email@example.com.
Graphic Design Intern, Lamar Advertising
Lamar Advertising is looking for a part-time graphic design intern to provide graphic design and administrative support to the National Digital Creative Services Team in the Digital side of the National Sales department at Lamar Advertising's Corporate office. This is a paid internship.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Drive digital creative process for National campaigns while working in partnership with the National Digital Department to ensure effective and timely output in line with business goals.
• Establish an on-going dialogue and process to manage communications and expectations for creative with the National Digital team and National Sales staff stakeholders.
• Responsible for researching brands and their current advertising campaigns in order to initiate new creative jobs for National Digital
• Research and understand the creative project scope, and ensure creative output is unique while incorporating current/evolving digital technology
• Review and present concepts/layouts with senior level Digital staff for approval. Ensure creative deliverable ties to creative brief and business strategy prior to presenting to Digital staff members, Digital Services, or Sales staff.
• Ensure consistency of digital creative specs; maintain and communicate those specs to Digital Services and Sales staff.
• Work with senior level National Digital Sales Staff on innovative creative solutions for existing and new customers.
• Keep abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances related to digital creative
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and resources in a deadline-driven environment
• Must demonstrate the ability to design quality conceptual art in fast-turnaround, deadline driven environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite software.
• Able to work independently and act on own initiative
• Intimate knowledge of all social media outlets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Works well in a team environment
• Must be creative and innovative – able to find solutions to complex problems
• Must be able to assess and provide appropriate design response according to Digital Art Request based on time turnaround (Single Concept, Concept Package, or Strategic Pitch)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must be in current pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
• Concentration in Graphic Design, Advertising, or Marketing preferred.
Contact Rebecca Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 225-926-1000.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Public Relations Specialist, Capital Region Builders Association
The Capital Region Builders Association is seeking a part-time Public Relations Specialist to help engage membership and community in carrying out the mission of CRBA while maintaining and promoting a favorable public image to the nine-parish Capital Region. The specialist is vital to influencing, engaging and building relationships with CRBA’s stakeholders through a variety of platforms. The individual is responsible for assisting the executive officer and director of marketing to shape and frame public perception of CRBA. The candidate will:
- Assist with developing CRBA’s PR and marketing strategies, to include researching, conducting and evaluating programs of action and communication
- Assist with fundraising, community and government relations and other programs that include crisis, executive communications, marketing, media relations and reputation management.
- Create content for CRBA’s social media, website, newsletter and press releases
- Assist with CRBA event logistics
- Assist in organizational administrative duties.
The ideal candidate is responsible, dedicated to CRBA and its members, knowledgeable about CRBA and its communications and familiar with both Associated Press and Chicago styling. The candidate should be a creative and confident communicator with the ability to interact professionally via e-mail and phone. A strong command of Microsoft Office and social media outlets, along with database management, is required. The candidate should have excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Hourly pay ranges from $10 - $12 based on experience and 20 hours of work are required weekly. There is an opportunity to make this a full-time position at the end of the semester.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Karen Zito, email@example.com.
Social Media & Community Awareness Student Worker, Louisiana Calling
The Social Media & Community Awareness student worker for Louisiana Calling will be instrumental in the launch of our awareness campaign for a statewide initiative designed to inform and educate people about the great jobs that are available in Louisiana.*
Additionally, Country Music Television (CMT) and their Empowering Education Tour will a series of eight concerts across the state in March. The Louisiana Calling student worker will help design our social media strategy and community awareness campaigns.
The ideal student will be interested in workforce development issues in Louisiana, social media strategy, branding, and working with nonprofits, Community Colleges, and corporate partners. In addition, the student should have a passion for social media, understanding and learning about media strategy, and making connections with communities across Louisiana.
EXPECTED DUTIES for this position include working under the direction of SSA Consultants staff to assist with the:
● Management of Louisiana Calling social media channels [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.], including scheduling posts, writing posts, and post moderation.
● Developing messages and strategies to reach high school students and develop community awareness in remote areas of Louisiana.
● Interact with and help grow the Louisiana Calling community across social media.
● Research and event coordination for campaign-related endeavors.
● Maintenance of the Louisiana Calling website via CMS (Content Management System).
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS include:
● Junior or Senior
● Basic-to-working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
● Strong writing skills.
● Experience with graphic design.
● Ability to speak and communicate to diverse audiences in different tones.
● Prior experience/exposure to content management systems for website maintenance.
Duration: through March, perhaps until end of semester
To apply, please send resume and any relevant work history/samples to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT Louisiana Calling:
*Louisiana Calling is a coalition of key government, business and community leaders in Louisiana dedicated to meeting our state’s current and future workforce needs. The foundation of this work involves helping Louisianans connect to the many pathways to career and financial success through a multi-year public messaging campaign and resources.
Louisiana Calling’s mission is to harness the power of communication to help Louisianans find their calling. By empowering residents with a new awareness of the opportunities here, they can fully embrace the many educational and training paths available. Louisiana Calling’s communications and strategy are made possible by SSA Consultants (SSA).
SSA’s diverse team of consultants provide services including strategic planning, leadership development, organizational assessment, community outreach, facilitation, social media and website development, public and media relations. All these offerings are backed by the collective academic and real-world management experience that SSA has been known for since its founding in 1970 here in Louisiana. For more information on SSA, visit www.consultssa.com.
Legislative Aide, Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office at the Louisiana State Capitol
The Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office is accepting applications for a legislative aide position at the Louisiana State Capitol. Applications will be accepted as soon as possible with the preferred start date for employment in January.
Duties: monitoring floor proceedings and committee hearings of the Legislature, assisting Jefferson Parish delegation members (senators and representatives) in their service representing the parish, obtaining and providing information regarding state funding for local entities, and organizing events/meetings for the delegation. This is a year-round position. Freshmen and sophomores will receive preference, but all applications will be considered. If you have any questions, or wish to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Communications Student Photographer, LSU Res Life
Communications Student Photographer, LSU Res Life
The Communications student photographer will be responsible for managing projects, photographing and/or videoing Residential Life events, editing photographs and video, and developing print and web-based content for the Department of Residential Life. The candidate must be a self-directed conceptual thinker and be able to take direction on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This job requires attendance at after hours events (after 4:30 p.m.), and is an excellent opportunity for a student to build a portfolio and gain real-world experience.
Duties: Work with communications team to develop visual concepts to enhance blog posts, social media, and web articles. Photograph assigned events. Schedule and conduct photo shoots for any assigned topic. Edit photographs. Film events and edit video.
Rate of Pay: $8.00/hour up to 20 hours/week during fall/spring semesters; summer employment optional
Find out more at http://www.lsu.edu/reslife/about/employment/studentjobs/tourguide.php.
Volunteer Camera Operators, LPB
LPB is in need of volunteer camera operators for our December pledge campaign. Critical dates are November 28, December 4, and December 5.
Anyone interested in working cameras for Public Television, please contact Ken Miller, Production Manager, LPB.
Phone (225) 767-4238 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production Assistant, LSU Division of Strategic Communications
The Video Department at the LSU Division of Strategic Communications is seeking a Production Assistant to assist staff in the production office and on set to produce LSU promotional videos. The Production Assistant will work under the supervision of the Senior Video Producer.
Responsibilities: Shoot and edit b-roll using studio cameras and video equipment. Assist in conducting on-set interviews with subjects. Assist in covering and developing video concepts. Organize various contacts via Microsoft Excel. Assist in editing b-roll and interviews for video projects. Organize upcoming shoots by assisting with, but not limited to coordinating interview subjects via email or phone, coordinating filming locations, organizing interview questions.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration: Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to any changes. Must be organized, highly motivated and results-oriented. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to identify problems and develop subsequent solutions. Strong computer skills and knowledge of editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, etc.). Basic knowledge of camera functionality Physical Requirements. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please email resume to Elizabeth Shaw at email@example.com.
Unpaid Student Volunteer, The Ramblin' Oldies of Denham Springs
The Ramblin' Oldies of Denham Springs are looking for someone who knows and understands social media to help them connect with their core audience. They need help promoting their main event next year, "The 40th Annual R.O.D.S. RUN" Streetrod show. The show takes place February 23-25, 2018 at the Gerry Lane Cadillac Dealership in Baton Rouge, LA.
Part-Time Student Job, WBRZ-TV
WBRZ-TV is seeking a part-time student worker to perform general office work, courier duties, minor office repairs, and occasional housekeeping.
Must have good driving record and be prompt and dependable. Hours: ~4 hours per day; mornings; M-F, or at least 3-4 days per week.
Pay: $8.75 per hour
Please direct any information or resumes to: Pallas Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid Part-Time Student Job, LPB
LPB is seeking a part-time student worker to answer switchboard, perform general office work and courier. Must have good driving record and be prompt. Students must be enrolled as full-time students. Preference will be given to freshmen or sophomores. Application accessible here: http://media2.lpb.org/images/studentapplication.doc
All applications for student employment must be completed by your school registrar before submitting to HR. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Paid Part-Time Job for a Public Relations Major, Baton Rouge Symphony
Duties: Handles social media including Instagram, Facebook and others. Drafts and sends out email blasts to lists. Researches and organizes deadlines for external events calendars and advertising including 225, Country Roads, Dig, Business Report, LSU Reville, InRegister, etc.
Time required: about 10 hours per week, both in-office and remote.
For more information or to apply with resume and cover letter, please contact Chari Russo at Chari@brso.org
Paid Student Worker Position, Communications and Marketing, LSU Foundation
The Communications and Marketing team seeks a mass communication student for a paid student worker position with the Foundation’s marketing and communications team. This student position will provide public relations and marketing support by helping to track communications and marketing projects and results; conducting, synthesizing and organizing project-specific research (e.g., reviewing peers' crowdfunding sites and marketing materials); keeping photo archives tagged and well-curated; and other, similar duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Provides public relations and marketing support by helping to track communications and marketing projects and results. Conducts, synthesizes and organizes project-specific research (e.g., reviewing peers' crowdfunding sites and marketing materials). Keeps photo archives tagged and well-curated. Performs clerical or data entry tasks. Copies, sorts, and shreds materials. Compiles information as requested by the departmental supervisor. Conducts research using the Internet as requested. Delivers materials to other campus offices.
Required knowledge and skills qualifications: Must be enrolled full-time at LSU. Competent in Microsoft Office with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Experience with AP Style, copy-writing and/or editing. May be occasionally required to work extended workdays, evenings or weekends.
For more information or to apply, please contact: Brandy Shillings at email@example.com
Part-time, Paid Student Worker, Capital Region Planning Commission
Capital Region Planning Commission (CRPC) seeks a part-time, paid student worker.
Primary duties include: Writes content and designs quarterly newsletter. Updates content and layout of website. Develops, manages and tracks organization’s social media pages. Writes and distributes press releases. Composes social media content. Maintains stakeholder and member databases. Coordinates and staffs outreach events throughout the region to raise awareness of CRPC. Develops presentation materials (i.e. power points, flyers, brochures, charts, etc.). Assists with developing, staffing and promoting region-wide public outreach campaigns such as the Long Range Plan updates. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in social media posting (i.e. Facebook, Twitter). Some knowledge of website development. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Information about CRPC at www.crpcla.org
Pay is $15.00 per hour; the student worker will be remotely supervised by a public relations consultant.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Kendra Hendricks, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 22 or until position is filled.
Part-Time Positions, The Sports Quotient
The Sports Quotient, a start-up digital sports media company, offers a variety of sports media/journalism positions (columnists, reporters, etc.). Joining SQ requires only a handful of hours a week from your home/dorm with personalized feedback from our staff. Writers will gain valuable skills and experience through personalized, in-depth feedback on every article through our double-editor system.
The Sports Quotient is seeking:
Columnists: Write one in-depth, analytical article a week within your favorite sport (topics up to you)
Reporters: Cover major headlines and breaking news across the sports world
Viral Media Writers: Cover must-see content with light, comical commentary
Editors: Review and edit weekly content for grammar and content quality
Other Available Positions: Statisticians, Marketing Associates, Graphic Designers, and Sports Trivia Quiz Writers
To apply, contact Kevin Luo, Content Director at email@example.com with the top 2-3 positions you're most interested in.
Organizational and Digital Communication Internship, Melinda Stallings International (MSI)
MSI, Melinda Stallings International, an organizational development consulting entity, seeks a junior or first semester senior to serve as organizational communication person and digital specialist. Preference will be given to those interested in a year-long commitment. Will work remotely to develop all public relations and messaging for MSI. Ensure that all media is presented with a professionally savvy slant.
The ideal candidate will be versed in creation and maintenance of social media to include web updates and use of SEO qualifiers. Ability to mine information and contacts through social media such as LinkedIn, etc. Must have solid ability in the use of graphics and innovative concept messaging for daily motivational quotes.
Specific duties: Ensures the continuity of brand in all disseminated media – sound, video, print and digital. Develops and maintains daily social media posts on identified social media sites. Posts public relations information to applicable sites for consultant’s appearances, speeches and seminars. Develops and maintains media list for submission of publicity and articles. Develops and maintains an innovative media kit. Develops and regularly updates one pager for MSI. Develops flyers, brochures, postcards to support the brand and specific marketing campaigns. Identifies potential clients through research on Linked In and other targeted searches to build the brand and business for MSI. Responsible for the timely contact and response to potential clients. Becomes an advocate for the Infinite Power of Positive/The Power of Positive Conflict Resolution in different age markets through targeted appeals and empowerments. Accompanies Melinda Stallings to agreed-upon speaking engagements to video, serve as PR contact before, during and after engagements. If travel is required, Melinda Stallings will handle all expenses associated therewith. Maintains Ms. Stallings calendar and provide response to booking inquiries. Assists with the launch of Ms. Stallings book, “The Power of Positive Conflict Resolution” on a national level coordinating public appearances, media coverage and book signings (with book launch team). Comes with great ideas that you are excited to attempt.
The position will entail a once per week meeting at the office of MSI and thereafter an agreed-upon schedule of remote or office time. Minimum of 15 hours per week (adjusted during mid-terms and finals). Beginning pay is $10.00 per hour with increase after demonstrated drive, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience and what you'll bring to the relationship. Additionally, what your expectations will be from Melinda Stallings and the consulting practice to fulfill your requirements as well as gain substantial benefits from this opportunity. Send all materials to Melinda@MelindaStallings.com