Paid Fall Internship, Emergent Method
Emergent Method is a Louisiana-based management consulting firm focused on helping
companies and organizations innovate, grow, improve their performance, and achieve
Emergent Method brings people and ideas together to understand opportunities, let ideas emerge, and create multi-faceted solutions with results greater than the sum of their parts. This team comes from backgrounds of solving complex problems and implementing change, working with clients to help navigate shifting landscapes and seize opportunities – including those they had not seen before. From strategic planning, product planning, and organizational design to project management and strategic communications, Emergent Method is dedicated to helping clients adapt, innovate, and grow – pushing systems, organizations, and industries to new heights, while developing strategic, systemic solutions, and processes to support those goals. Emergent Method opened its doors in 2012, and in 2017, they were honored as Company of the Year by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report and Junior Achievement, a recognizable benchmark of growth – and Emergent Method seeks the same measures of continuous improvement for its clients.
To find out more about our work, team, and the clients we serve, please visit www.emergentmethod.com.
Emergent Method is seeking a part-time (hours are flexible) student intern to assist clients and firm with various business, communications, and production needs. His/her daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Social media content development and management Data gathering and research for client projects and potential clients
- Creation and analysis of project support tools, such as surveys in Survey Monkey Development of client meeting summaries and action items
- Production design and document layout
- Copywriting and copyediting for reports and other client deliverables
- Website content development, updates, and analytics
- Event preparation and support
- Administrative duties necessary for project and organizational support
The student intern will also be encouraged to collaborate with other team members
on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing, communications, and business development.
He or she will also be required to prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact
with his or her supervisor.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs and both AP and APA styles are a plus but not a requirement. Additionally, knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Periscope, etc.) and management tools (Hootsuite) is helpful. The ideal candidate is in good academic standing, is involved in activities outside the classroom, and is a motivated self-starter. Other important skills include attention to detail, organization, time management, punctuality, excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to work well with a team.
This paid opportunity is open to current business, marketing, communication, or graduate students. Candidates should submit
a resume, cover letter, and availability for the Fall 2018 semester to email@example.com. Please reference job code
F-INT in the subject line.
Emergent Method is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment
on any legally recognized basis or any protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Volunteer Marketing Position, Heritage Ranch
Interested in learning how to market a product within key demographics, gaining hands-on experience launching a product, gathering key demographics, running focus groups and expanding market share? Heritage Ranch, a non-profit organization, seeks new and innovative ways to market a brand new product in 2019. The student worker with help identify how Heritage Ranch can better market a new product, reach customers, and create and expand its customer base, while also helping to craft marketing message that surrounds the sales campaigns, marketing efforts and product development.
The student will also be on the frontline between Heritage Ranch and potential customers by researching their preferences and product wishes. Previous experience with marketing is not required. However, students who have taken some type of child development or education core classes are preferred.
Tasks include (but are not limited to): marketing, branding, messaging, strategy, communications, partnerships, event planning, design, gathering information from key demographics and much more.
For more information or to apply, please contact Josh Atwell:
Marketing & Development, Heritage Ranch
225-658-1800 Ext. 305
Communications Intern, Communication across the Curriculum
LSU Communication across the Curriculum is a university-wide academic support unit
that is creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial. We are also the engine behind TEDxLSU
. We pride ourselves in fostering a fun and professional environment for our staff
and those we serve. We are a small team that does big things for LSU students and
faculty, and that’s why we need a rock star communications and events intern to join
our team! We’re looking for a student with awesome writing and organization skills
to support CxC communications, program management, planning and execution of CxC programming.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Technology-oriented with the capacity to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Skilled at time, task, and project management
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Capacity to think creatively to accomplish tasks and goals
CxC’s main goal is the development and advancement of communication skills. Team members must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively in a variety of ways to be successful in this role. An ideal candidate will also have exceptional knowledge and skills in graphic design and be able to create visually compelling content for presentations, web and social media.
Please email Jordan Vernon ( firstname.lastname@example.org) with your cover letter, resume and a short 500 word reflection on a personal experience
where communication was critical to the success or failure of a situation.
Intern, Louisiana Office of Community Development, Disaster Recovery Unit
A student intern is responsible for a multitude of tasks for the Executive Administrative and Communications sections, which can vary on a daily basis. These include:
- Assisting the Communications Section with media monitoring; electronic document management; internal communications; and word processing.
- Assisting the Executive Administrative Section in preparation for and participation in Restore Louisiana Task Force meetings at the state Capitol and other locations; electronic document management; file management; external communications for Program Closeout and Cooperative Endeavor Agreement expiration/termination; and other administrative duties.
- Assisting the executive administrative and communications staff in special projects that vary on a day-to-day basis.
- Courier delivery of important documents to facilities across Baton Rouge; answering and directing phone calls received into the agency’s direct number; stamping and sorting incoming mail.
- Assisting the administrative team in special projects that vary on a day to day basis.
- A student intern’s tasks vary frequently due to the variety of projects that go through the team’s hands, meaning part of their job is to be flexible and dynamic.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft programs, have knowledge of office equipment, be detail oriented and punctual.
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and able to pass an Official Driver’s Record check.
- School schedule should allow between 20 and 30 hours per week. Full-time schedule available during summer and winter breaks.
If interested, contact Marvin McGraw at Marvin.McGraw@la.gov.
Part-time, paid associate positions, Deveney
Deveney, a New Orleans-based engagement agency, currently seeks associates for the fall 2018 semester. Through the program, college students and recent graduates work with professionals in the field, experiencing day-to-day life in a boutique agency.
The program offers three potential paths: public relations, creative and digital. Public relations associates work closely with Deveney’s award-winning PR specialists, often building media lists, media pitching, developing content and conducting industry research.
Digital Associates focus on digital marketing, honing their skills in the areas of social media, analytics, copy writing and image creation. Their creative counterparts grow as professional designers, using the Adobe Suite to design layouts, develop proposals and create artwork for clients.
The opportunity lasts for 12 weeks, beginning in early September and lasting for the fall semester. Associates may work a maximum of 20 hours per week and are paid. Interested students should apply by July 31, 2018 to be considered. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, writing samples and/or portfolio examples to AssociateProgram@deveney.com.
Visual Branding Group, Baton Rouge, offers two unpaid positions to students with skills and interest in advertising
Duties will include but not be limited to writing and researching content for blog posts, media posts, website copy, and client proposals. In addition to writing content, the student will also be trained in customer communication to further enhance their writing skills. Specific skills required include proficiency in the English language, grammar, writing, and Microsoft Word. Student also must own a laptop that is available for internship work. Skills in Indesign, Google Adwords, and Squarespace are appreciated but not required.
Graphic Design and Media
Duties will include but not be limited to editing content on websites, designing logo and branding kits for clients, meeting with clients to present branding kits, curating social media posts, writing content for social media posts, assisting with social media strategy. Specific skills required include proficiency in the English language, grammar, writing, Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, and Adobe Capture. Student also must use her/his own laptop. Skills in Photography, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Lightroom, and Squarespace are appreciated but not required.
Part-Time Social Media & Design Specialist (with potential to turn into full-time position)
Palisades Holdings is seeking a part-time social media and graphic design specialist. As part of the team, you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative and thoughtful when interacting with internal customers.
The part time Social Media & Design Specialist will play an active role in the development of Palisades Holdings' online community. The specialist will maintain several companies’ presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to the customer base. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks, provide website content management support, assist in maintaining the archive of digital content, as well as assist with other marketing duties as assigned. The specialist will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess his/her performance.
This position has the potential to grow into a full time appointment.
- Updates Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn Accounts.
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Palisades Holdings' companies.
- Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Perform research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to the customer base and post it to the appropriate social media accounts in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Grows online social networks by increasing follower base and interactions.
- Maintains current information in LinkedIn accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Skills
- Create web-ready graphics for posting across social media platforms
- Create web-ready graphics for electronic newsletters and mailings
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned
- Potential Graphic Design projects or Web Based projects
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations, researches, and reports on “social media best practices”
- Review our social media platforms’ data analytics and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize performance
What You Will Learn
- How to create business relationships and develop your business acumen.
- Exposure to developing marketing strategies within the department.
- How to develop your industry skills, enrich your knowledge, and how to practice good time management.
What We Require:
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn
- Willingness to learn new web marketing applications, methodologies and duties as needed
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject titled “Part Time Social Media & Design Opportunity”.
Part-time graphic designer
LSU’s Manship School of Mass Communication is seeking a part-time graphic design intern.
The ideal candidate will help with visual branding of the Manship School, including digital and print collateral: posters, banners, newsletters and e-newsletters, website sliders, video graphics, web graphics, etc. This candidate will develop visual branding concepts that raise the profile of the Manship School, utilizing LSU’s branding and marketing guidelines and style guide. This graphic design intern should have a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop. The ideal candidate is a college student in the LSU College of Art and Design. This candidate will help with graphics and visual design for a variety of public relations, including events, awards, paid media advertising campaigns, etc. This position is available for 10 - 20 hours per week and offers schedule flexibility. This position can continue into the fall semester.
If interested in this position, please contact Stephanie Malin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time content creator, TEI Software Development
TEI is looking for a senior, graduate student, or a recent graduate who is comfortable working primarily with TEI Software Development company, but also with Stinson Map Company and Natural Wood Products, LLC. to create web, print and social media content. TEI currently uses Microsoft, Adobe and WordPress software to develop systems, including website content, print, and video editing.
Anticipated starting pay is $15-25 per hour. For more information, contact John Stinson at email@example.com.
Part-time camera operators & editors, Children's television show
Part-time camera operators and editors are needed to work on a developing children's television show. Hours and pay are negotiable. Contact Mary Ann Fitzmorris for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time sports broadcast position, KATC
KATC (Lafayette, LA) offers an unpaid sports broadcast part-time job. It will offer hands -on experience working with cameras & editing software. Interns will be a part of each aspect in producing stories, game highlights and other daily content.
Applicants should be willing to participate in all facets of the programming.
KATC sports team usually begins its day at 2, and works until 11-11:30. The part-time worker is encouraged to stay through the 10pm show, which airs from 10-10:35, for the full experience. To apply, contact Andrew Clay at email@example.com.
Part time media relations, East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office
Baton Rouge District Office in conjunction with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office Public Information Department seeks a media relations student interested in law enforcement. The student will assist DEA Baton Rouge District Office administrative personnel and enforcement personnel with miscellaneous day-to-day logistical office operations including, but not limited to, answering office phones, greeting visitors, copying/scanning/cataloguing/filing (non DEA sensitive) documents, etc. Media relations students will also be allowed to participate (in a limited capacity) with media events surrounding law enforcement.
The student will work with the DEA Public Information Officers and East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officers, as well as DEA management.
For more information or to apply, pleas contact Casey Rayborn Hicks:] Casey Rayborn
Hicks at CRHicks@EBRSO.ORG.
Production Assistant, Nexstar Broadcasting (NBC33 / Fox44)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Running cameras and handling all in-studio coordination for newscasts
- Running the audio/video side of newscasts when not running cameras
- Editing video/audio and assisting the newsroom in creation of content
- Train on operating video switching and graphics production equipment to serve as backup
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Assistant must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Production Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Marketing Intern, Pelican State Credit Union
Pelican State CU’s award-winning Marketing Team is looking for a Marketing Intern
to join the family! They are seeking a college student or recent graduate. This part-time,
paid internship is adaptable to your schedule during our normal business hours, Monday
The Marketing Intern will work under supervision to support the credit union’s marketing and communication activities. Regular job duties may include but are not limited to monitoring digital advertising campaigns, gathering information for blog posts, assisting with social media, helping with product and service campaigns, attending events and tracking data.
Qualified candidates interested in being part of this fast-paced team will be asked to submit a writing sample.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with blog posts from conception to release as assigned.
- Assist with social media content and calendar as well as other types of visual storytelling.
- Help promote Pelican products, services, promotions and events.
- Assist with setting up, monitoring and reporting on digital advertising campaigns across multiple channels, including but not limited to Google, YouTube and Facebook.
- Perform light SEO duties as needed.
- Assist marketing department with planning and execution of community events and special projects.
- Assist in driving sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
- Support marketing team and branches in meeting goals and deadlines.
- Brainstorm new and creative marketing strategies to help further growth of the credit union’s brand.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent, above average writing skills.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data related to position.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of effective traditional and digital marketing.
- Basic understanding of WordPress or other CMS preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Training and Experience:
- Degree or pursuit of bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, Communications, Journalism, Advertising or related field.
- Previous employment experience preferred.
As a full-time Pelican employee, you are eligible for tons of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a tuition reimbursement program. On top of all of this you get:• 14 Paid holidays• 401K with 5% company contribution and up to 5% employer match• Vacation cash-ins• Unlimited coffee…and more!
LouisianaPreps.com Sports Media Part-Time Job
LouisianaPreps.com is looking for hard-working, dedicated students for its non-paid job program. The successful candidates must be goal-oriented and self-motivated, eager to learn and take leadership roles, demonstrate an interest in sports communications and marketing and must possess a desire to exceed already high expectations.
- Reporting Interns
- Recruiting Interns
- Photographer Interns
- Editing/Content Interns
- Scores/Content Interns
- Social Media Interns
- Real-life business experience
- Hands-on assignments
- Resume builder
- Sports Media experience
- Showcasing creativity
- Professional growth
- Strengthen teamwork and organizational skills
This internship is a non-paid internship. All interested must be available to work weekends and nights during sports seasons and must have reliable transportation. All interns will be assigned to respective regions. To learn more about how to apply, log on to www.LouisianaPreps.com/internship.
Public Policy Governor's Fellow
The Governor’s Fellows Program in Louisiana Government is an opportunity for college and university students to experience public policy in action, learn the rich history and current affairs of Louisiana government, and earn three hours of academic credit. Each Fellow will be assigned to a cabinet-level agency in Baton Rouge and collaborate with agency leaders on existing projects, observing firsthand the Governor’s leadership strategies, learning how state policies are developed and advanced within the context of economic drivers and social and geopolitical concerns. Fellows will also participate in a weekly speaker series and field trips designed to enhance their overall experience and understanding of Louisiana government and current affairs.
Benefits: Student housing on LSU’s campus in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (participants are encouraged to stay on campus); Three hours of course credit offered through Louisiana State University’s Public Administration Institute; Up to a $1,500 stipend for additional expenses
- Must attend a Louisiana institution and or be Louisiana resident if enrolled in out-of-state
Undergraduates who have completed sophomore year; Graduate students who have completed at least one year of their degree program (e.g., MPA, JD, MSW, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in a public degree-granting institution in Louisiana; or, a Louisiana resident enrolled in an out of state public degree-granting institution
- Good academic standing with an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to public service, volunteerism and political involvement
- Ethical standards, including professional discretion and adherence to confidentialities
- Strong commitment to personal growth, good government and nonpartisanship
Application and Interview Procedures:
Interested applicants must complete an application at www.louisiana.gov/fellows and attach the following documents:
Complete resume including education and employment history
Letter of professional recommendation from a professor or supervisor
Letter of personal recommendation - not from a family member
Two page maximum essay focusing on a specific policy issue, cabinet position or community program within the Governor’s Office. Your statement should outline the significance of being chosen as a Fellow and what you envision the Fellowship meaning to your educational and professional goals. To the best extent possible, Fellows will be placed within their area of focus.
Fellows Program Timeline:
May 7, 2018 Application Deadline
May 14, 2018 Notifiy Chosen Fellows
May 30, 2018 Orientation
August 3, 2018 Graduation
Part-time Graphic Designer, Trace Security
TraceSecurity is a leading provider of cybersecurity and compliance solutions to help organizations of all sizes reduce the risk of cyber breaches and demonstrate compliance. TraceSecurity’s suite of information security services includes IT risk assessments and audits, social engineering, penetration testing, and security training.
The part-time graphic designer will create marketing assets in line with current brand standards.These include marketing collateral, social media design, web graphics and more.
- Create effective Marketing Collateral (datasheets, flyers, etc.) to communicate our core brand message to customers and prospects
- Create digital collateral, including e-mail templates, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Assist with Graphic Design for Marketing Campaigns and Product Launches
- Create digital content that can be posted across platforms, including social media
- Assist in ensuring that the website has consistent, clean look
- Attend meetings where applicable
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a college degree in Graphic Design, Art, or other Design Field; Or related industry experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design Experience a plus
- A Portfolio with relevant work examples is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work between 24-29 hours a week between 8:00am – 5:00pm during the summer; up to 20 hours fall and spring semesters.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to be creative, think outside the box, and work independently
Please send your resume to Marissa Adams, Marketing & Events Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Communications/Development Assistant, CPEX
The Communications assistant proactively provides communications, research, and administrative support to Directors of Development and Communications (and other CPEX staff), independently handling all assigned communications, research, and administrative duties.
Recommended: 1-2 years completed in bachelor’s degree program
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) • G-Suite Google Platforms (Mail, Drive, Calendar, etc.) • Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to interact with internal/external partners
- Researching skills
- Confident interpersonal skills to serve as first-outreach for communications requests
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
The ideal candidate would also be familiar with:
- Web-based marketing tools (MailChimp, Squarespace)
- Print production troubleshooting (Packaging files for print, etc.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Directors of Development and Communications in the planning and execution of the November 2018 Louisiana Smart Growth Summit (the annual statewide planning conference hosted by CPEX) o Coordinate speakers, sponsors, vendors, press contacts, etc.
- Work with CPEX partners to effectively promote the Summit
- Help with “days-of” event management, including volunteer recruitment and coordination (November 13-14)
- Supporting ongoing Communications activities for the CPEX brand as well as client projects, such as: o Media research, outreach, and tracking
- Developing written and graphic content for web and social media
- Regularly updating web and social media platforms; tracking and analyzing web and social traffic and metrics
- Researching topics and drafting content for biweekly email newsletter and other email communications
- Drafting and updating print marketing and fund development collateral materials
- Assist the Director of Development with activities pertaining to the annual membership (donor) campaign, including updating contact database and mailing list maintenance, planning for email and direct mail fundraising campaigns, etc.
- Correspondence: Manage and ensure appropriate and timely follow-up on internal and external requests for information or action dealing with communications.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Making calls on behalf of staff regarding meetings and events
- Assisting with answering phones, sending out staff meeting agendas, checking the mail and other administrative duties when needed
- Scheduling meetings and reserving conference rooms, sometimes arranging for catering
- Making copies, scanning and faxing documents for staff
- Attending meetings with staff, preparing/gathering materials for meetings, taking notes and photo-documenting when needed
CPEX is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring people, culture, and community planning together to make great communities happen. Before applying, please learn more at www.cpex.org.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer David at email@example.com by May 4. Duration: May/June through December (flexible).
Summer Communication Assitant, Arts Council of Northeast Louisiana—Monroe
The Arts Council of Northeast Louisiana is accepting applications for a student to assist the community development coordinator with the creation of website and social media content. Applicants should have strong writing skills, creative expression, and a passion for the mission of the Arts Council. The position is remote but will meet weekly with the community development coordinator for updates. Applicants may send their resumé and up to three writing samples to Danielle Kelley Tolbird at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writes assigned blogs and feature stories for the www.nelaarts.org
- Assists in website management
- Creates content for the Arts Council social media pages, e-newsletter, and annual report
- Meets with community development coordinator to plan targeted messages and content calendar
- Assists with planning and implementing various Arts Council campaigns
- Distributes mailouts
- Other duties as assigned. For coverage of events/performances (free access) and interviews with artists, a mileage stipend will be paid.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong writing skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly with various audiences via email, phone, and face-to-face
- Creativity and vision
- Flexibility in schedule to meet with artists, musicians, educators, and others for interviews
- Enrollment in a communication, journalism, public relations, or marketing program at a four-year university
- Passion for the arts in northeast Louisiana
- Design and/or photography skills a plus
Part-Time Communications Specialist, Murphy Law Firm
The Murphy Law firm seeks a student knowledgeable in social media marketing, including search engine optimization, blog writing and posting, running campaign ads on Facebook, geofencing and coordinating and tracking community development campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a student knowledgeable in graphic design, including photoshop, web design and illustrator.
To apply, please send resume to: Jennifer Murphy at email@example.com.
Marketing and Communication Intern, LSU's Student Success Office
LSU Student Success seeks an assistant for its marketing and communication team.
Student Success marketing and communication team-- headquartered in Johnston Hall.
The communication assistant will work on various projects within the team including, but not limited to:
- Content creation for Student Success and CAS websites and social media accounts.
- Coordinating with graphic designers for print and digital collateral.
- Working on news releases and other publications.
- Collaborating with the Student Success and CAS teams to ensure effective external communication.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Lexi Verret at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Content Creation, CLB Consulting
CLB Consulting – an independent marketing and PR consultant working with hospitality, fitness and
retail brands throughout Baton Rouge – seeks a student intern who will be instrumental to the
growth and expansion of the business.
- Content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
- Social media management and monitoring
- Public relations
- Assistance in website updates on Squarespace, WordPress and/or Shopify
- Email marketing (MailChimp)
- Graphic design
- Event planning/assistance
- Available to work 15-20 hours/week
- Have basic-to-working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Possess strong writing skills
- Have the ability to speak to diverse audiences
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn with a young, growing company
- Have previous experience with social media community development
- Be creative, fun and a good team player
- Have discipline to work remotely and abide by deadlines
To apply, please send résumé and any relevant work history/samples to Chelsey Laborde Blankenship at email@example.com.
Social Media Assistant, Empire Trading
Empire Trading, a local real estate investment company, seeks a student worker to assist our Office Manager with creating social media posts about our various flip/sell houses, rental properties, and general company events. The student will learn the business of what it takes to buy, repair, and sell/rent a distressed property for a profit. This will be done remotely. Pays $10.00 per hour.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 225-721-7111 or 225-627-FLIP
Marketing Intern, Availl
Aviall has an exciting position for a Marketing Intern at our Corporate Headquarters located in Dallas,TX. Aviall is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to assist the Corporate Marketing team with internal and external communications, media relations, event management, and government affairs activities. Additionally this internship provides the opportunity to build relationships and develop business acumen through networking with other Aviall interns across the enterprise and interaction with various Aviall leaders.
The expected starting date for this position is May 14, 2018.
- Aid in internal branding program including print and electronic projects.
- Research and write articles for staff newsletter to advance corporate culture and information processes.
- Successfully integrate social mediums into earned media strategy for search engine optimization program.
- Monitor industry trends and news to better position Aviall for media pick-up within the aviation and defense industries.
- Gain a general understanding of the aviation industry through on-site training and industry research.
- Research, monitor and report state aviation-related legislative policies.
- Aid in execution of grassroots program that promotes the use of Aviall products.
- Support lobbying efforts and advocacy activities.
- Coordinate statewide staff social outing and meetings in accordance with provided budget outline.
- Assist with company ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking ceremonies.
- Completes assigned project(s) and develop executive level presentation to deliver to senior leaders.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, learning modules and/or supporting documentation.
- Completed the first semester of Junior Year or first semester of Master’s program by May 14, 2018
- Actively pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field of study.
- Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to conduct in-depth industry research, define market trends, and interpret financial data.
- Solid understanding of business market analysis, financial acumen, and marketing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in making presentations and communicating ideas and plans to management.
- Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Some College Coursework Completed
Apply for this position here: https://aviall.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/12274.