Louisiana Geologic Review Guidelines
Geologic Review Containerized Mud Systems Guidelines:
A containerized mud system will be recommended for land-based drilling operations if:
1. The location is on or immediately adjacent to an area of unusual environmental or administrative sensitivity as defined by Coastal Management Division.
2. A non-water-based mud is to be used.
3. A mud cooling system is to be used.
4. The location is in an area of standing water.
5. The location is at an elevation of <1' MSL.
6. The location is less than 500' from a human habitation.
7. The location is less than 1500' from a body of Section 10 open water or drainage feature, unless it is more than 500' from that water and down gradient from it.
8. A request to that effect is made by a permitting or commenting agency.