Moodle offers instructors the ability to electronically maintain and manage class rosters, distribute course materials, administer on-line exams, and communicate with students. This application also provides a rich and flexible learning environment.
Office of the University Registrar; LSU Faculty
Faculty can request, at any time, an up-to-date text file of currently enrolled students in their classes. This file, which can be received in either a fixed length or comma delimited format, contains every student’s name, LSU ID, classification (college, year, curriculum), credit hours, and PAWS e-mail address. The instructor can import this information into any word processor or spreadsheet application to maintain enrollment and grade information. E-mail groups may also be created using this text file, so instructors can e-mail students course related information using their PAWS e-mail address.
Faculty can find this link on their PAWS desktop under Instructional Support > Class Roster.
Each semester faculty are required to submit student course grades to the University Registrar’s Office. The “Post Grades” PAWS application allows faculty to submit mid-term and final grades via the Web.
Besides saving the University time and money, benefits derived from this Web application include:
- Grades can be submitted on or off campus.
- Grades can be submitted 24 hours a day.
- On-line edits ensure the correct grade type is posted (ex: P/F, S/U).
- On-line edits ensure a grade is submitted for each student on the grade sheet.
- Electronic grade sheets remain on PAWS for one academic year.
- Grade changes can be processed electronically without the assistance of the University Registrar’s Office.
Faculty can find this link on their PAWS desktop under Instructional Support > Post Grades.