West Hall

International students can choose to live on campus in a residence hall, apartment or residential college, or can choose to live off campus. If you are considering living off-campus, please note there are many apartments in Baton Rouge. You may want to locate an apartment near campus and along the LSU Tiger Trails bus route or Baton Rouge's Capital Area Transit System (CATS) if you do not plan on purchasing a car.

If you plan to bring your family to the United States as your F-2/J-2 dependents, we recommend that you arrive first to give yourself several weeks to make housing arrangements and to take care of your own affairs before your family arrives.

If you were unable to arrange permanent housing prior to your arrival to campus, the International Cultural Center (ICC) on campus and LSU have arranged to provide a limited amount of affordable, temporary housing. This service is provided on a first come first serve basis and can only accommodate students, and not family members or friends. Although you cannot make reservations for temporary housing, the ICC will do its best to help you find a place to stay. For more information about ICC temporary housing, e-mail icc@lsu.edu.

Please be aware that on-campus residence halls cannot accommodate families or friends who may be traveling to LSU with you. The Cook Hotel is an on-campus hotel with guest rooms and suites that are available to anyone. You also can do an online search for other hotels/motels that are close to campus and along the LSU Tiger Trails bus route or Baton Rouge’s Capital Area Transit System (CATS). (The Cook Hotel is on the LSU bus route.)