Faculty & Staff Employment:

The international faculty and staff unit of International Services (IS) provides centralized Immigration services to LSU departments, international faculty, international staff, and visiting scholars. IS processes non-immigrant visa petitions which the University sponsors (H-1B, TN, E-3, and O-1); US employment-based permanent residence applications (PERM and Outstanding Professor and Researcher applications); and J-1 visa documentation for Exchange Visitors (scholars and interns). IS is committed to facilitating the presence of international employees and visitors at LSU, thus promoting a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse LSU community. For more information, please continue to the Faculty & Staff Employment page: http://www.lsu.edu/intlpro/is/employment/faculty-staff/index.php


Student Employment:

F-1 and J-1 students are required to have specific authorizations for different types of employment, such as On-Campus and Off-Campus employment. The main purpose of being an F-1 and J-1 student is to study and complete your academic program. Any employment would only be considered a side benefit that is strictly regulated. Unauthorized employment is considered a major violation by USCIS and can result in deportation, so it is important to make sure that you are following all employment regulations for your status.  For more information, please continue to the Student Employment page: http://www.lsu.edu/intlpro/is/employment/student/index.php