Welcome to LSU ELOP
Since 1943, LSU ELOP has provided English language training and preparation for students seeking admission to LSU. Our classes integrate the language skills needed to be successful in university and professional work and introduce students to LSU campus life and Louisiana culture prior to admission.
The LSU ELOP faculty is skilled in cross-cultural communication and multi-national class delivery to prepare students for academic success in the university environment. Our students join us in improving international understanding among all cultures, as we work to make the world a safer and more peaceful place. We strongly believe that learning and working together is the key to a harmonious future. Thank you for your interest in joining us for English classes and more.
Why do International Students choose LSU ELOP?
- Intensive, fast paced classes in Grammar, Spoken English, Composition, and Reading as well as elective classes in TOEFL preparation and practice.
- Five start dates per year: January, March, June, August, and October.
- Guided assistance with LSU Admission for qualified students.
- Guided assistance for LSU Undergraduate and Graduate admission for international students who apply.
- A smart investment in your future: low-cost-of living in Baton Rouge; competitive tuition cost.
- Cultural programming for high social integration.
- Learning English at LSU, the state's flagship university, with more than 235 fields of study, an award-winning faculty and research opportunities, and a multicultural campus.
- TOEFL exam administered at LSU with same-day test results.
- Campus housing (Residence Halls) available for full-time students.
- Rapid issuance of I-20 following completed student application.