Understanding the Point System
- A scholarship recipient is granted study abroad points only upon successful completion of his/her activity. Study abroad points are redeemable for use on any summer, semester or year-long APA study abroad program. Graduate students will use the points for research-related international activities that are approved by their department. Each point is valued at US$10.
- A scholarship recipient must earn a minimum of 100 points in order to redeem the points. The maximum number of points that a recipient may earn is 500 points. Points may be redeemed in the following manner
- 100 points (the equivalent of $1000): The recipient can redeem the points for use on a summer study abroad program, a semester-long study abroad program, or a year-long study abroad program.
- 200 points (the equivalent of $2000): The recipient can redeem the points for use on a semester-long study abroad program or a year-long study abroad program.
- 300 points (the equivalent of $3000): The recipient can redeem the points for use on a year-long study abroad program.
NOTE: Points can only be used for APA-sponsored study abroad programs. All point amounts must be earned before a student embarks on the study abroad program. Students can earn additional points up to the maximum amount after their return from a study abroad program that can be used towards another LSU study abroad program.