Title IX Reporting
Any student or employee who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct or any other violation of this policy has a right to report the conduct to the Campus Title IX Coordinator or to any other responsible party. Click on a button below for reporting information based on your classification with the University.
Includes student employees & Graduate Assistants.
- This policy shall apply to conduct that occurs on an LSU campus, at LSU sponsored
activities, and/or when the Student or Employee is representing LSU. LSU shall have
discretion to extend jurisdiction over conduct that occurs off campus when the conduct
adversely and significantly affects the learning environment or LSU community and
would be a violation of this policy and/or any applicable campus policy or code of
conduct, if the conduct had occurred on campus. In determining whether or not to extend
jurisdiction, LSU may consider, among other factors, its ability to gather information
and effect a resolution. LSU may extend jurisdiction (over off-campus conduct) if
the alleged conduct by the student or employee:
- Involved violence or produced a reasonable fear of physical harm; and/or
- Involved any other members of the LSU community or any academic work, records, documents, or property of LSU.
- Each Student shall be responsible for his/her conduct from the time of acceptance for admission through the awarding of a degree.
- Employees are responsible for their conduct during work hours, on campus, at LSU-sponsored activities, and/or when the employee is representing LSU, or when their conduct would adversely affect LSU’s image, regardless of whether such conduct occurs on-campus or off-campus.
- This policy also applies to any person who is both a student and an employee at LSU, arising out of, or in connection with, conduct in either or both of those capacities. Any violation of this policy may subject such person to disciplinary action, as applicable, in either or both of those capacities.
Retaliation against a person who has been subjected to sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct, or against one, who in good faith brings a complaint of sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct or who, in good faith, participates in the investigation of a sexual discrimination or sexual misconduct complaint, is prohibited and shall be a violation of this policy and shall constitute misconduct subject to disciplinary or other action, as described above. LSU will take steps to prevent recurrence and remedy the effects of any violation of this Policy.