OGB Health Screenings
Catapult Health clinics are currently being scheduled. All participants who earned the premium discount for 2017, will need to complete the following requirements by August 31, 2017 to earn the discount again in 2018:
- Participate in a Catapult Heath clinic or submit a Primary Care Provider Form (PCP) form.
- Complete the Personal Health Assessment (PHA) on the Blue Cross Blue Shield website
at www.bcbsla.com/MYPHA. Members must have a Blue Cross online account to complete the PHA. An account can
be created at www.bcbsla.com/Activate.
- If assistance is needed setting up an account, please contact Blue Cross at (800) 821-2753.
The Live Better Louisiana wellness program is for OGB members who are enrolled in a Blue Cross health plan only. Members enrolled in the Vantage Medical Home HMO plan may view more information on Vantage Health Plan’s wellness programs.
Below is a list of clinics scheduled throughout the state. You have until August 31, 2017 to complete your online PHA and get your preventive health checkup in order to be eligible for the 2018 wellness credit! To sign up for one of these clinics, or find more locations, visit www.timeconfirm.com/ogb or call 1-877-841-3058.
|05/01/2017 - 05/06/2017||Department of Agriculture and Forestry|
|Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women|
|05/08/2017 - 05/12/2017||Louisiana School for the Deaf and Visually Impaired|
|1st Circuit Court of Appeals|
|05/22/2017 - 05/26/2017||DOTD District 45|
|State Archives Building|
|05/29/2017 - 05/31/2017||Clairborne Building|
A few facts about the health screenings:
- First of all, yes, your health checkup is absolutely FREE to you with no deductible or co-pay. Your health checkup will be filed as a preventive claim on your insurance and covered at 100%.
- Second, your employer will not have access to any of your personal health information. Your checkup will be conducted by Catapult Health, an independent health care provider contracted through BCBS. The screenings are designed to identify potentially detrimental health issues as well as provide an OGB Plan member with basic personal health information.
- Third, your checkup will be quick and easy...it takes about 45 minutes which is less time than you’d probably spend in a doctor’s waiting room. The screenings will be held on-site, right here at LSU. The blood test only involves a quick finger stick, and you’ll meet privately with a licensed Nurse Practitioner who will review your results, answer your questions and help you create an action plan for improving your health.
- Finally, you will need to pre-register for your screening with Catapult Health. Please understand that the screenings require a participant to fast prior to the testing. This fasting enables accurate screening results. It is encouraged that if you plan to participate in a screening, bring yourself a healthy snack to eat afterward!
This will be a great opportunity to receive valuable personal health data that can empower you to make healthy choices or to just stay the course!