Below are tools that managers and HR contacts may access that may be beneficial during the recruitment process.
Benefits: LSU offers premium benefit options to all full-time LSU employees.
LSU offers a choice of seven different health insurance plans to meet the varying needs of our employees and their family. Included is LSU First, a self-funded health plan with an employer-paid HRA, as well as HMO, PPO, and HSA plans.
LSU offers two dental plan options to fit each employee’s needs. The dental options offer coverage for preventive, basic, and major services. One of the options includes orthodontic services for both children and adults.
LSU’s vision plan includes an eye exam that is 100% covered with in-network providers, various lens options, and a $150 frame allowance. Additional coverage for contact lenses and other services are also included.
LSU offers a variety of insurance plans that assist in employee’s financial well-being in the event of an accident or injury. Included are Accident Protection, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Life Insurance, Long Term Care, and Long Term Disability.
PAID TIME OFF
LSU provides employees with the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars for out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent care expenses. This benefit is subject to IRS regulations.
LSU employees receive 14 paid holidays per year. In addition, employees may accrue annual and sick leave hours in an amount determined by their position classification.
LSU offers various retirement plan options to employees. Plan eligibility is determined by different factors including employee type and length of employment. LSU also offers two types of supplemental retirement accounts, including 403(b) and 457(b).
LSU employees are exempt from tuition for up to six college credit hours per fall and spring semester and three college credit hours per summer semester. This is available for all employees that have been employees full-time for one year or more.
Living in Louisiana
- 7th Best Living Environment - Chief Executive magazine named Louisiana No. 7 in the nation for best living environment in the 2014 ranking of Best & Worst States for Business.
- Happiest State in the Country - Six Louisiana cities were ranked in the top 10 happiest cities in the U.S. in 2014, according to Harvard and Vancouver School of Economics researchers.
- Louisiana’s homestead exemption means less money spent on taxes for your home and more money that stays in your pocket.
- 4th in Early Education Quality - According to a 2015 Education Week report, Louisiana ranks 4th in the nation for early education quality.
- 4th Lowest Cost of Living in the Country - The 2013 annual state-level ACCRA cost of living index ranked Louisiana as the state with the 4th-lowest cost of living in the country based on the cost of housing, health care, groceries, transportation and other goods and services.
- Southwest Louisiana’s Creole Nature Trail, a 180-mile scenic byway that received an All-American Road designation, attracts more than 200,000 visitors each year.
- Live in the Capital Region
- Work in the Capital Region
- Play in the Capital Region
The Visit Baton Rouge website is an excellent resource for all things Baton Rouge.
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber is a non-profit, investor-driven organization with over 1,000 members businesses, civic organizations, educational institutions, and individuals.