Job Titles & Salary Ranges
The Compensation section of HRM provides technical advice to departments for staffing and reorganization. Compensation consultants work directly with departments regarding classification and pay matters, including request to create and fill positions, title classification, job descriptions, qualifications, salary adjustments, overtime, additional compensation and flexible scheduling.
- Effective 7/1/15, LSU no longer has delegation for any Civil Service titles.
- For classified position vacancies, new positions and reallocation requests, HR contacts need to begin using the new SF-3 that is attached to this email.
- Since LSU no longer has delegation for classified titles, all Civil Service position allocations will be made by Civil Service. This will result in a 4-5 day delay in processing.
- HR contacts should fill out all sections of the SF-3, except for Section 2, in the same way as the current SF-3. The SF-3 should be attached to the appropriate HRS form and Compensation will then send to Civil Service.
Any SF-3’s effective 7/1/15 and beyond will need to be on the new SF-3 form and will be sent to Civil Service to assign an allocation.
LSU Civil Service Titles
- Administrative Plan (AS)
- Medical Plan (MS)
- Protective Service Plan (PS)
- Scientific and Technical Plan (TS)
- Wage Plan (WS)