News & Events
Revised: March 24, 2020 at 5:01 pm.
- Check the Grad School''s Calendar for deadlines.
- The Professional Development Workshop scheduled for Monday, March 30th has been cancelled due to the on-campus class closure.
- All final defenses should proceed as scheduled. However, due to the new class arrangement, all-remote participation for defenses will be allowed for the remainder of the Spring semester. Remote participation forms are not required. Please check with your committee chair and/or department’s graduate advisor for further instructions regarding defense location and guidance. Please include the dean’s rep in messages about all arrangements.
- Academic Services officers are operating normal office hours and are available via phone or email.
All milestone examinations should be conducted remotely until further notice. Remote participation rules as given in the catalogue are waived.
Graduate Assistants and student workers may continue to report if they choose to do so. An FAQ for student employment can be found at lsu.edu/careercenter/studentemployment/faq. Please contact the Student Employment Office for further guidance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about individual, currently-assigned assistantships should be addressed to email@example.com.
Application deadlines for the Fall 2020 semester will be extended to the following dates:
- Domestic Students: July 15
- International Students: June 15
Department Deadlines for Admitting International Students
Applicants in the United States in F-1 status:
- Summer 2020: Friday, May 22
- Fall 2020: Friday, August 7
Applicants Outside of the United States:
- For international students who need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 student visas, there are deadlines for processing Initial SEVIS forms (I-20 or DS-2019) that are needed for visa applications.
- LSU Admissions Applications with no decision made by the Graduate School or Undergraduate Admissions before the following deadlines, no initial I-20s or DS-2019s will be issued.
Semester I-20 / DS-2019 Deadlines for International Applicants outside the United States
- Summer 2020 - April 20
- Fall 2020 - June 30
- Spring 2021- November 20
Graduate Student Travel Awards
- The Graduate School will meet with the Graduate Student Association to determine how to handle reimbursement for conference cancellations. Information will be provided in the next two weeks.
- Awards (Fellowships/Scholarships): To accommodate the campus transition to online instruction, deadlines will be extended if necessary.
Award Deadline BOR/SREB March 31 Tuition Awards Ongoing
Other Conference Cancellations
LSU is prohibiting all international travel and limiting domestic business travel to that which is essential to the fundamental academic and research functions at LSU.