Issue 8: October 6, 2017
Current Work & Accomplishments
- Thirty-seven informational and requirements gathering sessions have been scheduled and will be ongoing through October. Over the week of October 2, the Project Team met with the Continuing Education, the College of Human Sciences and Education, the Graduate School, the Office of Assessment and Evaluation, the College of Art and Design, and the College of Agriculture. An Associate & Assistant Dean’s Meeting was also held on October 6.
- A reminder that a short 30 minute demo video of Workday Student is generally available. Thirty-one people attended the first Brown Bag Lunch and Learns on October 2 and 3. The video shown during these sessions provides an opportunity to watch a more detailed overview. Due to demand, further Brown Bag Lunch and Learns will be scheduled in the next week. The extended video is 3 hours long and has been split into two 1½ hour portions.
- The Project Team also continues to prepare for campus demonstrations of LSU-specific scenarios.
Upcoming Work & Milestones
- Informational Meetings are being scheduled. Please encourage impacted staff to attend.
- Identify and engage stakeholders in requirements gathering/vetting process.
- Reviewing 715 starter requirements to Workday functionality. We've received requirement feedback and further wishlists from nine different units, and are continuing to solicit requirement feedback.
- Continue to work with and through IT Governance for review/approval of strategic project goals and objectives.
- The project website updates continue. Coming soon: the feedback being received by the Project Team during the informational meetings.