Issue 2: August 25, 2017
Current Work & Accomplishments
- The Project Team has finalized an approach for vetting 715 starter requirements with campuses, colleges and departments. Informational and requirements gathering sessions will begin next week and will be ongoing through the month of September.
- The starter requirements have also been grouped into LSU scenarios that a solution provider would have to demonstrate to show ability to execute across the student life cycle from recruitment to graduation – the "thin thread".
- Our current vendor, Workday, was on site August 23 and 24 to review LSU Scenarios and prepare for a demonstration of these scenarios in their product. This demonstration of LSU scenarios will be led by LSU for LSU.
- Preparations are also underway for the next phase requirements gathering that will be focused on the academic structure/academic foundation. The project team is mapping touchpoints between the Student academic foundation, HCM supervisory structure and Financial data model as well as mapping integrations with legacy systems. These activities are expected to continue through October.
- Development of the project website continues. This week, the team met with STUN Design to finalize requirements for the next release of the website. The anticipated unveiling of the new website will be in the next 2-3 weeks.
- An experienced Project Manager will be on board by September 8 to help organize and schedule project activities (e.g., information and requirement gathering sessions)
- Efforts continue to onboard experienced business analysts who will use a technology-agnostic best practice approach to gather requirements from campuses, colleges and departments.
Upcoming Work & Milestones
- Informational Meetings are getting scheduled. Please encourage impacted staff to attend.
- Identify and engage stakeholders in requirements gathering/vetting process.
- Reviewing 715 starter requirements to Workday functionality
- Continue to work with and through IT Governance for review/approval of strategic project goals and objectives.