This is a two part course designed for the Logistics Specialist with continuing training for the Logistics Manager. Specialist training is a prerequisite for Manager training.
Course Objectives (Specialist)
- Students will discuss key points of cache resupply priorities and procedures
- Students will discuss packaging options for operational efficiency and protection during transport
- Students will learn documentation requirements for air and ground transport of hazardous materials
- Students will be instructed in tracking methodologies to include manual, database and barcode systems
- Students will understand where Logistics fits into US&R task force organization and will be prepared to offer input during operational planning and briefing sessions during deployment
- Students will be instructed in emergency requisitioning procedures
- Students will learn site selection criteria and ongoing management of a task force base of Operations, with emphasis on related health, sanitation and safety issues.
- Students will become familiar with logistical issues involved in demobilization process
- Students will learn procedures of documentation for cache rehabilitation following an activation and procedures for making additions and deletions to task force cache
Course Objectives (Manager)
- Students will discuss supervisory and personnel management techniques
- Students will be given instruction in equipment inventory and tracking procedures as defined in FEMA US&R Property Accountability System.
- Students will be prepared to interact with Task Force Management Team in planning and briefing sessions during activations