Family Association Scholarship
2021-22 LSU Family Association Scholarships
The LSU Family Association Scholarship is awarded to students of Family Association
members through a selection process that occurs annually at the beginning of the spring
semester. The 2021-22 LSU Family Association Scholarship application is now open and
can be completed by students of Family Association members until the deadline of Friday,
January 29, 2021 at 4:30 PM.
View the 2020-2021 Family Association Scholarship Recipients
- Student must be currently enrolled at Louisiana State University as a full-time undergraduate student.
- Student must be in good academic (minimum 2.0 GPA) and judiciary standing with the university.
- Student must be enrolled at Louisiana State University during each semester the award
is distributed (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022).
- Students on a co-op are not considered full-time, and so they are not eligible to receive the award during their co-op semester.
- Exception: Seniors who receive the Family Association Scholarship and are graduating in May 2022 may be below full-time.
- Family must be a current member of the LSU Family Association.
- Completed the 2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Scholarship Application on myLSU (under Financial Services) completed after August
1, 2020. Applications submitted during prior academic years will not be considered.
- **Application must reflect membership in the LSU Family Association by selecting the Family Association box under Father/Mother affiliations in Section II of the application.
How to Apply
Application Deadline - Friday, January 29, 2021 by 4:30 PM
How to access the scholarship application:
- Log on to myLSU
- Click Financial Services
- Click Scholarship Application
- Fill out the application in its entirety
- In Section II, “Parental Information” be sure to check the LSU Family Association box located under Father/Mother Affiliation.
A student's application must have been submitted or updated within the current academic year (on or after August 1, 2020) to be eligible. Students who may have previously completed the scholarship application can go back into the system to check the LSU Family Association box if they have saved the application in a prior session. If the student has not filled out the application previously or has not saved their information, they will need to start a new application.
Only those students whose scholarship application reflects membership in the LSU Family Association will be considered for this award.
Learn more about joining the Family Association. The deadline to join the Family Association for your student to be considered for the 2021-2022 LSU Family Association Scholarship is January 15, 2021.
- The following criteria may be considered when selecting applicants to advance to the second round of selections: academic achievement, involvement, leadership, and/or service in the LSU community.
- Students are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible in the in-school activity and out-of-school activity fields on the application in myLSU.
- Only collegiate involvements will be taken into consideration for scoring purposes.
- Exception: Freshmen students may list in school and out-of-school activities from high school and college.
- The 100 top scoring students will be invited to participate in round 2 of the selections process.
- All applicants will be notified by Friday, February 5, 2021 if they were selected to advance to round 2 of the selections process.
- Students will be notified via email of their acceptance to the second round of selections by Tuesday, February 9, 2021, and they will be given instructions regarding the next step in the application process.
- Students invited to the second round must submit two essay responses and a résumé by Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Final LSU Family Association Scholarship recipients will be selected by a selection committee and will be notified by Friday, March 19, 2021.
- We will award 20 $1000 Family Association Scholarships for 2021-2022.
Please feel free to email the LSU Family Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (225) 578-1173 should you have any questions regarding the LSU Family Association Scholarship.