The Family Association is dedicated to helping families with their transition into the University and offering support, information and problem solving throughout a student’s career at LSU. The Family Association offers opportunities for parents to more closely partner with the University in their student's experience. We can help lead your family to LSU services and resources that will allow you to support your student.
The Family Association supports student success and promotes the University’s goal to retain students through financial support of programs and scholarships made possible through development efforts.
Through the LSU Family Council, the university connects families to the planning and organizing phases of our programs that connect LSU students and their families. If you are a current member of the LSU Family Association and have a desire to get more involved in leadership position within the association, we encourage you to learn more about the Council.
Joining the Family Association is the easiest way to share the LSU experience with your student.
The Family Association provides access and support through knowledgeable staff, current University information, and special involvement opportunities that allow members to stay connected to LSU.
- Membership Card, LSU Family Association Bag and Other LSU Souvenirs
- Involvement Opportunities through Family Association Events & the Family Association Council
- Access to Exclusive Scholarships
- Priority Registration and a VIP Experience at LSU Family Weekend
- Exclusive Family Association annual meeting with LSU leadership
- Access to network of professional staff and student liaisons to support and assist your family with all things LSU
- Special Discounts & Offers from these Campus Vendors with your Family Association Membership Card:
- LSU Bookstore: save 10% on merchandise including clothing, memorabilia, and residential hall room supplies
- The Cook Hotel: save 10% off best available rate offerings (subject to availability and blackout dates)
- Holiday Shuttle: save $5 off the round trip cost of the Thanksgiving and Winter Break holiday shuttles
Cost to Join
Joining the Family Association is as simple as making a one-time, minimum donation of $150. Your Family Association membership will last throughout the entire duration of your student’s time as an undergraduate student at LSU. Click the join now button below to be redirected to the LSU Foundation to complete your registration and process your payment.