Scholarship on Research and Teaching
Back to Kathleen Bratton's web page
Reflective Writing / Journals
- Mulnix, Jennifer Wilson and M.J. Mulnix. 2010. "Using a Writing Portfolio Project to Teach Critical Thinking Skills." Teaching Philosophy 33(1): 27-54.
- Stewart, Tracie L.; Ashley C. Myers; Marci R. CUlley. 2010. "Enhanced Learning and Retention through 'Writing to Learn' in the Psychology Classroom." Teaching of Psychology 37(1): 46-49.
- Ryan, Mary. 2011. "Improving Reflecting Writing in Higher Education: A Social Semiotic Perspective." Teaching in Higher Education 16(1): 99-111.
- Dyment, Janet E. and Timothy S. O’Connell. 2011. "Assessing the Quality of Reflection in Student Journals: A Review of the Research." Teaching in Higher Education 16(1): 81-97.
- Ross, Jen. 2011. "Traces of Self: Online Reflective Practices and Performances in Higher Education." Teaching in Higher Education 16(1): 113-126.
- Park, Chris. 2003. "Engaging Students in the Learning Process: The Learning Journal." Journal of Geography in Higher Education 27(2): 183-199.
- Cisero, Cheryl A. 2006. "Does Reflective Journal Writing Improve Course Performance?" College Teaching 54(2): 231-236.
The statements and opinions included in this website are those of Kate Bratton only. Any statements and opinions included in these webpages are not those of Louisiana State University or the LSU Board of Supervisors.